Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need your help again fashionistas x

• 31-07-2014 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Have a wedding weekend after next. Haven't a clue what to look for to wear. I've put on 2 stone in a year due to medications I have to take for the time being.

About me:
    I'm a good size 14-16
    My mummy tummy is big to the point of me looking pregnant (I'm not)
    My boobs have grown to huge proportion for once in my life :)
    I'm 5 foot 8 so quite tall

I want to look slimmer obviously and hide the tummy. Was thinking maybe wearing black. Don't want it short so midi would be perfect. Maybe I could accentuate my best bits which at the moment is my chest.

Have to look for stuff local so Pamela Scott or new look it is. We also have river island, dunnes, penneys, tesco, Heatons any thoughts or ideas on dresses would be hugely appreciated because I honestly haven't a clue what I'll wear. Was so much easier when I was thinner.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Off the top of my head I'd advocate a 50's style tea dress, maybe with a petticoat. It always looks fab, particularly with your shape. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Off the top of my head I'd advocate a 50's style tea dress, maybe with a petticoat. It always looks fab, particularly with your shape. :)

Just googled the above. Gorgeous but quite swishy was hoping for something a bit more streamlined. It's a lovely style though I won't rule it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Maybe a layered shift dress like this one from new look?

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/black-sleeveless-layered-shift-dress_317181201

Or a skater dress? They are are very forgiving on stomachs and hips but are usually quite short so maybe not what you are looking for.

ceadaoin. wrote: »

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/black-sleeveless-layered-shift-dress_317181201

Or a skater dress? They are are very forgiving on stomachs and hips but are usually quite short so maybe not what you are looking for.

Hmmm liking that shift dress, could maybe jazz it up with a pink corsage? Must go in and have a look for it

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shaca

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/berkertex-soft-monochrome-dress/1330958547.prd

I think this could be very flattering and has good reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

ceadaoin. wrote: »

Oh I love that dress!damn I need to stop visiting this form!

Can you shop online lukesmom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Closet always have nice dressy dresses and I think some Pamela Scott and New look shops stock them. What about something like this one or this one?
    I love this dress from RI but it would depend on how booby you are :D

A wrap dress could be the style to keep an eye out for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Would you wear shapewear under whatever dress you're going to wear? They really work wonders in smoothing everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cossiem0d0

This dress could be super cute - the waist should be high enough to cover your tummy a bit and it's really flattering on boobs - I have it and it's so comfortable on and the midi length is perfect.

Plus you can return it with asos if you don't like it.

Ok I can't attach links bc I'm new but if you search 'ASOS Debutant Full Midi Dress' on ASOS it should come right up (it's €56.34)

Would you wear shapewear under whatever dress you're going to wear? They really work wonders in smoothing everything!

Yes I have great spanx!

• Advertisement

gg2 wrote: »
    Oh I love that dress!damn I need to stop visiting this form!

Can you shop online lukesmom?

Yes I can!

miss-p wrote: »
    Closet always have nice dressy dresses and I think some Pamela Scott and New look shops stock them. What about something like this one or this one?

I'm very booby! The only thing that I'm enjoying about the extra 2 stone weight :)

miss-p wrote: »

Loving all these!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Whats your budget?

Ps, I ordered that New Look dress in the dusty pink :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Lukesmom if you like that River Island prom dress, ASOS have it in a variety of colours. Just pay in sterling to get a better price.

http://www.asos.com/search/River-island-prom-dress?q=River+island+prom+dress

I have the black and white one which I wore to a birthday party with raspberry suede heels (recent buy from Penneys) and got loads of compliments on it. The full skirt is very flattering IMO and I've big enough hips.

Advertisement