Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help received final demand from revenue for Ltd company which is dissolved

• 02-08-2014 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi hope there is someone out there that can give advice
    Received a final demand from revenue today for paye due for 2011 for my limited company .
    The company dissolved in 2o12 and I ceased trading as a ltd company in dec 2011.
    I have never received any letters from revenue about this until today and it gives me 7 days to pay up or they send the sheriff or take me to court.
    This is the first time I've ever been notified about it and the company has closed.
    I am now a sole trader.
    Am I still liable personally for debts of a company which has been dissolved.
    I'm worried sick :-(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Did you file a notice of dissolution or did you merely stop trading?

The company may still be active

You cant be liable personally. The company is liable for the companies taxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Did you file a notice of dissolution or did you merely stop trading?

The company may still be active

You cant be liable personally. The company is liable for the companies taxes

The company is liable for its taxes, but to the extent that the liability relates to unpaid PAYE deducted from the director's salary, then the director can effectively be made liable by the operation of S997A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

The company is liable for its taxes, but to the extent that the liability relates to unpaid PAYE deducted from the director's salary, then the director can effectively be made liable by the operation of S997A.

Aye I remember we had this debate a year back or so and there is a thread around here somewhere where I linked the order from the Revenue Statement of Practice.

They go after the company first, then the employee and only in exceptional circumstances.

We are jumping ahead to a presumption that he was paid a salary which may not be the case as most small companies don't pay the owners a salary.

First question however is was the company legally dissolved or merely ceased trading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The most important part is to talk to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

OP have you considered paying the bill you owe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

srsly78 wrote: »
    OP have you considered paying the bill you owe?

Why do you assume he owes it? If the company never deregistered properly then the demand may well be in relation to estimates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Then just file a zero return, no problems.

Alternatively - talk to an accountant \o/

Advertisement