Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird one - I want to bake!

Options
  • 21-04-2014 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi all,

Bit of a weird question but I recently found out my local church is having a cake sale to raise money so I'm baking a cake for that. It's such a fun, easy way for me to help out that I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that you'd find out about other things like that, I've been wanting to get involved in volunteering for a while but amn't sure I can give the necessary time to it, but I'd be more than happy to bake a cake regularly for things like this...... bit of a specific way to want to volunteer I know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I suggest you contact a charity, tell them you want to run a bake sale from your home, invite all your friends and neighbours, and bake like the divil for days beforehand. Give all the proceeds to the charity. As you mention your church you would be aware that the majority of churches also are in financial difficulties so just offer to run a bake sale, get other bakers involved and donate all the monies to the church/charity or whatever. Lots of people have done this whether its baking or coffee mornings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Baking is a terrific 'super power' and putting it to use in your community is wonderful. To tap into cake sales in your area you could check out
    a) Parish News letter
    b) Local school website
    c) Scouts group (there is a national website to check ones' in your area)
    4) Does your village/town etc. have a webpage?
    5) Is there a residents assoc. in your area?
    6) Maybe you're the one who'll start a baking group that does a few fundraisers for local causes, say twice or three times a year?
    7) The county Show/Agricultural show in your area usually does baking contests and that could be a good place to network.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The Irish Hospice Foundation usually have national coffee morning in September I think. There's usually one in my staffroom and in other places in the town I work in. I'm sure if there's one locally to you they would appreciate cake to go with coffee.

Advertisement