Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever been gobsmacked by a child?

Options
  • 01-08-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

If easily offended, stop here.

I've just been approached in the street by a very attractive young woman, addressed by name and told that she was happy to see me "after all these years". Being on the verge of senility, I responded politely to this total stranger. However, on the way home, the pieces began to fall into place:

Fado fado, I chaired a local club and, one afternoon, I was collecting minutes from the club secretary. This was a pleasant task because the club secretary was a rather attractive and very pleasant young woman.

The door was opened by a gorgeous little girl - clearly her mother's daughter. Generally, kids are scared of me so I asked, very quietly, her name. Unhesitatingly, she told me her name and that she was nearly five! "Really", I said. "Your dress is lovely". "Thankth", she said, "my gwanny made it on her thewing mathine". "And the bow in your hair is beautiful". "Yeth, it matcheth my dweth and I put it in mythelf."

Well, that about does it for my kids' conversation so I asked her if her Mum was in. "Yeth, theeth in. Theeth upthairth, thkrewing Daddy." There followed what seemed like a long, awkward pause as I gazed into these enormous and innocent eyes. Then came the follow through: "If you want to wait, thee thed thee wouldn't be long".

Thank God that, when approached today by the now adult little girl, I didn't remember the first time we met - I might have recounted this conversation to her!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭roran

BrensBenz wrote: »
    If easily offended, stop here.

I've just been approached in the street by a very attractive young woman, addressed by name and told that she was happy to see me "after all these years". Being on the verge of senility, I responded politely to this total stranger. However, on the way home, the pieces began to fall into place:

Fado fado, I chaired a local club and, one afternoon, I was collecting minutes from the club secretary. This was a pleasant task because the club secretary was a rather attractive and very pleasant young woman.

The door was opened by a gorgeous little girl - clearly her mother's daughter. Generally, kids are scared of me so I asked, very quietly, her name. Unhesitatingly, she told me her name and that she was nearly five! "Really", I said. "Your dress is lovely". "Thankth", she said, "my gwanny made it on her thewing mathine". "And the bow in your hair is beautiful". "Yeth, it matcheth my dweth and I put it in mythelf."

Well, that about does it for my kids' conversation so I asked her if her Mum was in. "Yeth, theeth in. Theeth upthairth, thkrewing Daddy." There followed what seemed like a long, awkward pause as I gazed into these enormous and innocent eyes. Then came the follow through: "If you want to wait, thee thed thee wouldn't be long".

Thank God that, when approached today by the now adult little girl, I didn't remember the first time we met - I might have recounted this conversation to her!

Not easily offended...nor easily duped...:rolleyes:

Advertisement