Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer forum ban.

Options
  • 01-08-2014 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

I posted a quote in the Manchester United thread with no malice meant and just saw it as something funny & decided to share it.Of course with the rivalry between the clubs involved perhaps this wasn't the best course of action.
    It certainly was just meant to be a bit of humour and not intended to troll.Having discussed the issue with the mod who carded me I was advised that the best course of action was to take my case here and they accepted that I didn't intend to troll but my post did drag the thread OT.

I accept that what one man finds funny,another may find offensive and I certainly didn't mean to offend anybody by it.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,544 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry but the Man United superthread is to discuss the club, not have a "laugh" at players from other clubs. It has been made very clear in recent times that this is not acceptable. Taking the opportunity to have a dig at a Liverpool player is going to wind up Liverpool fans, and cross thread baiting/flaming is now specifically mentioned in the charter as unnacceptable

In the circumstances I am seeing no reason to overturn the card, and the ban automatically follows under the forum totting up process

Indeed, looking at your record you have already benefitted from the spoecial arrangements brought in during the World Cup, and in any other season you would have been due a higher ban for the 5 yellows you have accumulated during the season. Of course I am not going to take that into account in connection with this "sanction" but just using it to highlight your overall poor record over the past season, and indeed beyond that with now 13 yellows and numerous consequent bans to your name.

Advertisement