Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 29th Jul 19:00 BEN2 The Full Irish

Options
  • 25-07-2014 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Need 3 points, and these lads always give us a good game

Cathal - in
    Ciaran
    Cillian - in
    Conor
    Damo - in
    Darren - in
    Derek
    Derek McL
    Ed - in
    Jules
    Keith - in
    Kings
    SteK - in
    SteMcd
    Julius

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

In

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Big Game on a Big Pitch... Big performance needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

In

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

In, still a good chance we can win this, ballalley playing the full irish and cork, both teams will give them a good good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

out. sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Cathal - in
    Ciaran
    Cillian - in
    Conor - in
    Damo - in
    Darren - in
    Derek - out
    Derek McL - in
    Ed - in
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Kings - in
    SteK - in
    SteMcd - sick
    Julius - in
    Dave - in

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CaesersSon

In

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Massive game here lads, we must get 3 points, nothing else will do.

if were gonna use the next few games as something to play around with can we try playing 442? preferably somebody quick that will take the pressure off me even things a bit more up there

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Samba Beat

Howdy fellas. I'm looking to join a new team for next season. I've watched a couple of teams in this league and seems you guys are by far the best, the ball alley have asked me to sign but who wants to play with a load of scumbags every week. Is it possible to get a trial game before next year and show you guys what I've got.

• Advertisement

Samba Beat wrote: »
    Howdy fellas. I'm looking to join a new team for next season. I've watched a couple of teams in this league and seems you guys are by far the best, the ball alley have asked me to sign but who wants to play with a load of scumbags every week. Is it possible to get a trial game before next year and show you guys what I've got.

Anyone who knows what bally are like gets my vote.

What position do you play Samba?

Anyone who knows what bally are like gets my vote.

I've seen enough of that bunch of scoundrels anyway. Do you lads train?? I play right wing or up front, I have to say I'd love to play alongside the chap up front......his finishing is sublime paired with his exquisite touches not normally associated with big guys.

Added to the fact you guys seem a great bunch my search for a new club may need to go no further if you will have me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

2\10

Must try harder.

I have to say I'd love to play alongside the chap up front......his finishing is sublime paired with his exquisite touches not normally associated with big guys.
    Ah here, are you Derek's mother or something? :pac:

Mousewar wrote: »
    Ah here, are you Derek's mother or something? :pac:

Derek that's the one. I just know a good ball player when I see one........I played against you earlier in the season and his touch around the edge of the box is devastating. You can't argue with that, can you?????

Lol....I wonder who the wum is

mrDerek wrote: »
    Lol....I wonder who the wum is

Wum???

Wind up merchant :O

mrDerek wrote: »
    Wind up merchant :O

Well Derek ya big blouse I'd have to say the wum is a member of the champions who have enjoyed your complete and utter retarded thread each week bitchin about being wendys. There's only one team in this league. THE ANGELS PLAY TO THE SAMBA BEAT.

Champions champions.

I'd love to laugh at your big bald whingebag manager when we lift the trophy.

Ball alley legends. The untouchables.

• Advertisement

Well done on the league (even though you haven't even won it yet).
    Stay classy.

Well Derek ya big blouse I'd have to say the wum is a member of the champions who have enjoyed your complete and utter retarded thread each week bitchin about being wendys. There's only one team in this league. THE ANGELS PLAY TO THE SAMBA BEAT.

Champions champions.

Classy guy have fun

Champions champions.

facepalm.png

classy guy..
    maybe we should limit match threads to boards.ie team members only stop riff raff like this gobshíte nosing in, and i bet its prob one of they're fat centre halves who posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DeviantD

What was the score last night?

0-1
    It was an unfortunate game. They scored early and held their own in the first half. But we absolutely battered them in the 2nd half but they defended well and we just couldn't get the ball in the net. Their keeper was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

0-1
    It was an unfortunate game. They scored early and held their own in the first half. But we absolutely battered them in the 2nd half but they defended well and we just couldn't get the ball in the net. Their keeper was excellent.

they played with 10 men behind the ball for alot of the game, i think we are giving their keeper alot more credit than he deserves -while he was very good, we only really tested him once, maybe twice in the entire game. the rest was just crossed up into the air that he won un challenged. i am not exaggerating when i say we put 20 crossed into the box and we must have failed to hit the target with at least 15 shots/failed crosses.

we must have had 80% possession last night we just didnt really do it in the final 3rd.

my point remains that ive been making last few weeks, when a team sets up in a system that is not 4-4-2, we struggle to break them down - thats 1 win from 7 games now against the teams around us and normally, they play a 4-5-1 against us. we played really well last night and last week, but if teams have extra bodies in their own half, its hard to break them down or more to the point get space and its killing us this season.

Maybe we should be looking at going 4 3 3 or something in games where we are dominating ball but not creating much.

Although that said I think honest to god last night was just one if those games, yea we crossed a lot, but 2 of those crosses resulted in kings heading narrowly over and KIRAN having a ball cleared off the line, we hit the post twice one of which was a great finger tip save from me to the post.

There were some cut backs that didn't work and some off target shots but there were some nice through balls that almost came off also.

Well we're playing Monks in Benildus for the last game. Our first game against them was on the same pitch and almost a carbon copy of last night (except we did manage to score one goal).
    That would be a great chance to test out any of these ideas and if we can turn possession against a well organised team on that pitch into goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Well we're playing Monks in Benildus for the last game. Our first game against them was on the same pitch and almost a carbon copy of last night (except we did manage to score one goal).
    That would be a great chance to test out any of these ideas and if we can turn possession against a well organised team on that pitch into goals.

on that pitch this year our results are as follows -

2-3 loss
    1-4 loss
    1-5 loss
    0-1 loss
    1-1 draw

and to think lads think we are better on that pitch?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

so we need to address this issue - we are focusing too much perhaps on width in this games and it doesnt work.

• Advertisement

on that pitch this year our results are as follows -

2-3 loss
    1-4 loss
    1-5 loss
    0-1 loss
    1-1 draw

We won that one 5-1 against Brown Bag I believe.

We certainly don't play badly on the pitch - but yes the results are poor.
    Of course this might be academic - right now our winter league is scheduled for Wesley.

Advertisement