Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 193 - Rousey v Holm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Not only do I not believe that Holm can beat Rousey, but I genuinely don't believe that Holm thinks she can beat Rousey. Her interviews just don't inspire any confidence, she looks like she doesn't want to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shave A Bullock

Rousey via Decision
    Holm is good at managing distance and I could see her clipping Rousey but I don't think she has the power to put her away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

She has absolutely nothing to prove imo

Oh I agree completely, but she might have that mindset herself; prove she can outbox a boxer etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nuthugger3

Her headkicks are overrated (Holms).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Holm via Submission
    Nuthugger3 wrote: »
    Her headkicks are overrated (Holms).

I dunno if they are or aren't but has any of Ronda's opponents before been able to do them?

A quick flick through Ronda's past opponents and they look like they mostly have had wrestling backgrounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Taken down and subbed the second they engage. The 'lucky punch' line doesn't hold as much weight with 135 lb women. Ronda will eat a few punches if it means she gets the TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rousey via Decision
    Holm has less than no chance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Holm via Submission
    Can you imagine if Holm won though, Ronda's Mam will arm bar Edmund in the octogan lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Holm via Submission
    Anyone else really hoping for a Holm headkick to leave Ronda twitching on the canvas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Rousey via Decision
    Depp wrote: »
    Anyone else really hoping for a Holm headkick to leave Ronda twitching on the canvas?

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Holm via Submission
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    Nope.

Oh right didnt realise i was the only one in the world up for Holm...feck it anyway! ah well cant go back on it now!

Rousey via Decision
    Depp wrote: »
    Oh right didnt realise i was the only one in the world up for Holm...feck it anyway! ah well cant go back on it now!

Haha. Nothing wrong with being up for Holm. I can't dislike Rhonda though for what she has brought to the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I see Ronda standing and beating holms on their feet. The thing is Ronda can and stand with Holms with no fear of holly shooting for a takedown or clinching up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Rousey via Decision
    I used to train in the same gym as a champion rower early 90's
    looking back he was doing all this conditioning and functional stuff and only did three lifts (dead, oh press and squat)
    point is it simply didn't rub off i can't row for sh1t

I'd assume there will be a flurry of hits and then some Japanese words and then an arm bar, i believe the only way Rousey loses is if she decides to bet on herself.
    In my opinion women don't have enough single punch or kick power to stop her before she gets her hands on them and unless a world class judoka or some form of grappler steps up she's champ till she retires

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Tigger wrote: »
    I used to train in the same gym as a champion rower early 90's
    looking back he was doing all this conditioning and functional stuff and only did three lifts (dead, oh press and squat)
    point is it simply didn't rub off i can't row for sh1t

I'd assume there will be a flurry of hits and then some Japanese words and then an arm bar, i believe the only way Rousey loses is if she decides to bet on herself.
    In my opinion women don't have enough single punch or kick power to stop her before she gets her hands on them and unless a world class judoka or some form of grappler steps up she's champ till she retires

Cyborg at catchweight could knock her out. At the moment it's literally the only interesting fight that could be made.

Rousey via Decision
    Cyborg at catchweight could knock her out. At the moment it's literally the only interesting fight that could be made.
    its true but funny i just watched this week's kingdom (its great its a soap about mma)
    and its made very very clear (its half the story) how hard 10lbs affects everything
    at 135lbs cyborg will be weak, and if you can tell me why RR would bother to come up (back up maybe but she's happy at that) to mc greggors weight or do a catch weight just so she might lose i'm all ears
    also that 10lbs is muscle she (CC) used drugs to put on so let here lose it and come down

as for a catch weight its like the fight would be fun but it would be all for show
    RR looks great at weigh ins and much less defined at fight weight while cc looks like death at weigh ins and like she's still cut at fight weight.

let them make a Ufc 145 and let CC become champ then let them fight for RR to get the double division or For CC to show she's a monster

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rousey via Submission
    Have Ronda winning tko/ko in rd 1. I think she will rush Holly, take down and ground and pound. Only way Holly wins this is through dirty boxing in the clinch and hoping she can hurt Ronday. I'm really rooting for Holm, would make the 135 very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

califano wrote: »

She talks alot of shoite alright. The difference between ronda and JJ in the embedded ep 2 is interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭weemcd

Rousey via Decision

That article is really, really reaching there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

She's just not being very PC, actually something I like about her.
    She doesn't seem to be afraid to say what she's thinking, good or bad. The world has gotten far too PC lately so she's refreshing in that sense.

I also agree with the above, that article is reaching fairly far.

Rousey via Decision
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    She's just not being very PC, actually something I like about her.
    She doesn't seem to be afraid to say what she's thinking, good or bad. The world has gotten far too PC lately so she's refreshing in that sense.

I also agree with the above, that article is reaching fairly far.

I hate that someone can make a throw away comment when asked a question and it is then open for analysis and interpretation from every conceivable angle for people to pick and poke holes in to find the nagatives. 'Reaching' is an understatement when it comes to that article.

Holm via Submission
    weemcd wrote: »
    That article is really, really reaching there

It really is, though when she says she drinks cider beer it really irritates me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Rousey via Decision
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Only way Holly wins this is through dirty boxing in the clinch and hoping she can hurt Ronday.

Clinch & dirty boxing is a lotto win to a Judoka, this would happen;

[from Mellor]
    My Prediction.
    Ronda will clinch, eating two strikes on the way in and smash her with a harai goshi.

There's not a chance a striker would want to clinch & dirty box with a Judoka.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Holm via Submission
    Clinch & dirty boxing is a lotto win to a Judoka, this would happen;

[from Mellor]

There's not a chance a striker would want to clinch & dirty box with a Judoka.

Unless your fighting Norman 'The Tout' Parke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Rousey via Decision
    ASOT wrote: »
    Unless your fighting Norman 'The Tout' Parke

But the thread is about Rousey -V- Holm's, Einstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Tigger wrote: »
    its true but funny i just watched this week's kingdom (its great its a soap about mma)
    and its made very very clear (its half the story) how hard 10lbs affects everything
    at 135lbs cyborg will be weak, and if you can tell me why RR would bother to come up (back up maybe but she's happy at that) to mc greggors weight or do a catch weight just so she might lose i'm all ears
    also that 10lbs is muscle she (CC) used drugs to put on so let here lose it and come down

as for a catch weight its like the fight would be fun but it would be all for show
    RR looks great at weigh ins and much less defined at fight weight while cc looks like death at weigh ins and like she's still cut at fight weight.

let them make a Ufc 145 and let CC become champ then let them fight for RR to get the double division or For CC to show she's a monster

I'm not saying she should, I just said it's the only potential fight that's interesting. I still think Ronda would win, but Cyborg at least poses a threat. I agree though she's too big to fight at 135, she looks malnourished at 145.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,060 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rousey via Decision

Top notch journalism there, digging out comments from Bridgette and Tim. :rolleyes:

Also, the comments from people referring to Kim Kardasian as a business women, and how the sex tape was released without her knowledge, highlights the demographic you are appealing to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Rousey via Decision
    I didn't read the article above, was it anything like the salon article last month in how Ronda was not a good female role model?

• Advertisement

Rousey via Decision
    But the thread is about Rousey -V- Holm's, Einstein.

my moneys on the Judoka in the Reed Enough Comedy-v-Einstein

Advertisement