Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ourmaris

Bayley1 wrote: »
    Is anyone feeling like crazy person. My poor partner I keep tearing the head off him literally for just being alive! This morning I was crying driving to work, it's just crazy! 😳

I have spent the last week crying for absolutely no reason. Anything happy, cute, sad etc will set me off. I'm not in the slightest bit sad just crying at the drop of a hat 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Definitely feeling movement now .Any one else??

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Yep me too..lots of nudges. Been feeling them for a few weeks now but very strong and frequent this week. Nice and reassuring :)

Mines only started .The other night I was asleep on my belly and woke up to wriggling inside.Probably telling me to get off him lol .

Any cravings yet??

Told my son the other day and he was just over the moon.

No cravings to speak of apart from ocassionlly really wanting salt and vinegar crisps. I never ate crisps really, my vices have always been chocolate and biscuits (that hasn't changed!) I do have low blood pressure and the doctor said to add some salt to my food so maybe that's where the crisp thing is coming from.

I went completely off tea and coffee for the first 12 weeks. Thankfully that's passed cos I love a cuppa!

Any cravings yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

No cravings at all.

Had a stinking head cold this week and would have killed for a lemsip. Honey and lemon just doesn't cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭janus83

Is anyone feeling like crazy person. My poor partner I keep tearing the head off him literally for just being alive! This morning I was crying driving to work, it's just crazy! 😳

i'm also feeling like a crazy person! I'm so cranky sometimes and hear myself barking at my husband for no reason and I cry awful easy now too, not sure how he's putting up with me!
    no cravings I think, though I get a harking for coco pops and icecream now (not at same time!) which I never ate much before I got pregnant, wierd...

I had the coco-pops thing on my last pregnancy! :D I used to land into work with a big box of it in my bag much to everyone's amusement. My non-pregnant breakfast was always porridge or eggs so I've no idea where the coco-pops obsession came from

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Kellogg's cornflakes are my craving! With sugar and cold milk. No idea why, probably haven't had them in more than 10 years but one night I decided just I had to have them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

I don't really think ive had any cravings! I just want a lot of different flavours - plain food does nothing for me but I am not craving any particular type of food! I really hope I don't get the coco pops craving, I know it's silly but I don't like any ceraal that turns the milk a different colour! Ive never tasted coco pops not even as a child!

Ive still no movement - or at least if the baby is moving I don't realise it is, I read it's like butterflies in your tummy but im still feeling nauseous so im not sure if it's the same feeling or not 😳

I am getting restless legs at night, if anyone can help Id appreciate it. It's a horrible feeling always just when I go to bed!

• Advertisement

I don't really think ive had any cravings! I just want a lot of different flavours - plain food does nothing for me but I am not craving any particular type of food! I really hope I don't get the coco pops craving, I know it's silly but I don't like any ceraal that turns the milk a different colour! Ive never tasted coco pops not even as a child!

Ive still no movement - or at least if the baby is moving I don't realise it is, I read it's like butterflies in your tummy but im still feeling nauseous so im not sure if it's the same feeling or not 😳

I am getting restless legs at night, if anyone can help Id appreciate it. It's a horrible feeling always just when I go to bed!

a girl in my pregnancy yoga class has the restless legs and finds a hot bath and lying on her back with feet/lges up against the wall helps. also I think theres a stretch you can do pushing off a wall that the teacher mentioned, might be exact details on google somewhere. it sounds like a really frustrating thing!

anyone any tips on maternity bras and where to get them? I'm afraid to spend too much yet in case size changes again but have to accept defeat on my current ones & bra extenders, too painful! down to one non-wire soft bra that I got to tide me over!

janus83 wrote: »
    a girl in my pregnancy yoga class has the restless legs and finds a hot bath and lying on her back with feet/lges up against the wall helps. also I think theres a stretch you can do pushing off a wall that the teacher mentioned, might be exact details on google somewhere. it sounds like a really frustrating thing!

anyone any tips on maternity bras and where to get them? I'm afraid to spend too much yet in case size changes again but have to accept defeat on my current ones & bra extenders, too painful! down to one non-wire soft bra that I got to tide me over!

Thanks! Im at yoga myself so will ask the instructor on Monday about the stretches! I'll def try the bath and raised legs until then!

Im not sure how the next few weeks are going to go! My partner and I split up! Im moving in with my sister as I had rented my own house when I moved! I'll have to change doctor, hospital etc and now commute to the new job I took when we moved in together! I don't know what to do :(

Sorry to hear that Bayley. Tough to deal with at any time but especially when you're pregnant. Hope you can surround yourself with support

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

I wasn't planning on starting a thread but AARGH I can't wait any longer! :D

Due the 8th of February, 5 days after my daughter's 3rd birthday. Had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in March just gone so keeping the fingers firmly crossed that this one sticks around.

Anyone else??
    Congrats, Typer Monkey, and thanks for starting this thread! I am also due the 8the of February :)

I know exactly what you mean. Especially at the beginning I was getting really emotional all the time. Even just listening to any song with a couple of minor chords on the radio set me off...
    Now it comes and goes in waves. Ok most days, but then something will set me off other days and I get completely irrational and weepy. Thanks, hormones!!

I don't really have any particular cravings but for some reason I have started feeling hungry all the time since last weekend. Anybody else have that problem?
    I will need to start doing a lot more exercise to keep it balanced :/

Im not sure how the next few weeks are going to go! My partner and I split up! Im moving in with my sister as I had rented my own house when I moved! I'll have to change doctor, hospital etc and now commute to the new job I took when we moved in together! I don't know what to do :(

So sorry to hear that Bayley, hope you're doing okay, that sounds really tough. I'm sure your sister is a great support to you also. Hope the restless legs have improved too x

Anybody have their week 20/22 scan yet? Had mine this week and it was very exciting. Baby seems in good form. Hopefully it stays that way 
    We wanted to find out the gender but no joy yet. Baby was being modest with the legs crossed  Even the sonographer couldnt wiggle it around enough for baby to reveal the exciting news 

Anybody else decided they want to know the gender? I know the majority of people prefer not to find out I'd say but I am too curious not to 

Unfortunately I don't get a anomaly scan .Would love to see bub again!
    We got a 90% sure it's a boy at our first scan .But I want to bring my son to the 3d one before we tell him and find out for sure. Ive already picked up a few blue bits tho

How's everyone feeling

Had my 20 week scan 2 weeks ago. We knew it was a boy because we had the harmony genetic testing done at around 11 weeks. As soon as the sonographer put the wand on me tho she said 'oh yeah definitely a boy, there's his meat and two veg! apparently he was lying with his legs wide open. All was good with him too. It's amazing the detail that can be seen in the scan. She was very good too for explaining everything she was doing and checking. Very positive experience.

I'm feeling alright. The heartburn has started up with avengance. I've an achey pelvis by the end of the day too. Working lates and nites is starting to hurt. Even tho I'm only sitting down now, even that hurts my pelvis after a long day.

Hope everyone else is feeling well

I'm the same .I work in a shop on my feet all day and by four o clock my hip and lower abdomen are in bits .
    Have ye started to buy much yet?

• Advertisement

I have all the big things like travel system, cot, bouncer, bath, crib etc from my daughter so have just bought a couple of packs of vests and sleep suits. Will have to get the husband up into the attic to get down all of her newborn clothes and see is anything useable. We knew she was a girl before birth too so I didn't get much unisex clothing or blankets. Nevermind..an excuse to shop some more! :D

I've been looking for cardigans (They're so handy for warmth when they're born I found and cardigans are handiest to get on and off) but all boys cardigans seem to have hoods and I can't imagine they're comfortable to lie in. Must have a look online

We are the same regarding big things. Just need a double buggy and we are half sorted. And same with all the pinks .I don't think I've anything neutral. I've some cardigans from dunnes they are 'girls' but are just plain white they will do for the house! There's some in marks and Spencer's that's neutral enough too .Or guineys .

How's people tiredness levels?? I'm exhausted but we have had a house move, 9 month old not sleeping and a full time job probably doesn't help !

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don't get a anomaly scan. Would love to see bub again! We got a 90% sure it's a boy at our first scan. But I want to bring my son to the 3d one before we tell him and find out for sure. Ive already picked up a few blue bits tho
    How's everyone feeling

I got lucky that I was able to go to the extra anomaly scan since our hospital does not normally give everybody the chance to due to lack of capacity. It was very reassuring, but at the same time the doctor in wk 20 would probably have picked up on anything major as well so not to worry.
    We are doing the 3d scan as well next weekend. So excited! Hoping to finally find out whether its pink or blue this time :)
    Lashes28 wrote:
    How's people tiredness levels?? I'm exhausted but we have had a house move, 9 month old not sleeping and a full time job probably doesn't help !

I totally know where you're coming from. Was really tired all the time too and I am always panned out by the time 11pm comes around which us unusual for me. Since last week, however, I can't get enough sleep :/ Keep waking up at 5.30ish without apparent reason. I think its because bubba is moving around more.
    Like you said re tiredness, a full time job doesnt exactly help.
    And in your case moving house is probably doing the job too. Thats a most stressful experience anyway, never mind when you are pregnant!
    Lashes28 wrote: »
    Have ye started to buy much yet?
    Have not bought loads yet, just bits and bobs when there was offers on in Aldi, for example.
    Going to buy the pram soon though and a cot/crib when we drive up to Dublin to the big Swedish place :D
    I've been looking for cardigans (They're so handy for warmth when they're born I found and cardigans are handiest to get on and off) but all boys cardigans seem to have hoods and I can't imagine they're comfortable to lie in. Must have a look online
    Re cardigans, you could have a look in Mothercare as well. They have lovely cardigans and a half price sale on this weekend :)

By the way, isn't it crazy how expensive prams are?? They call them 'travel systems' these days as well which I find hilarous.
    Has anybody done research on prams or used one they were happy with before? What brand are/were those you'd recommend and what features do/did you find useful?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MommaFitz

Had my 20wk scan yesterday and all is where it should be at this stage. It's another little girl and we'll have some job to do on our daughter who wants a baby brother and is refusing to acknowledge the news that she's getting a sister- so funny!
    It'll be handy having another girl so we can just use everything we have although it'll be hard to resist picking up a few new bits. Hate shopping for myself but looove shopping for baby stuff.
    Roadtrippin we have an Uppababy Vista and it's brilliant. It's the lightest base of the decent sized buggies and has a big basket underneath which others don't. Highly recommend it! Second hand ones on the Internet for a great price too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 louser1

I have all the big things like travel system, cot, bouncer, bath, crib etc from my daughter so have just bought a couple of packs of vests and sleep suits. Will have to get the husband up into the attic to get down all of her newborn clothes and see is anything useable. We knew she was a girl before birth too so I didn't get much unisex clothing or blankets. Nevermind..an excuse to shop some more! :D

Hi I saw some little cardigans in Heatons today - blue pink and white

Hows everyone doing? Had 20 wk scan this morning and all the bits in all the right places. The scan was far more detailed than I thought right down to seeing swallowing movements. Really lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Had my scan yesterday. Finally hit home that there's an actual tiny little person in there!!! Resisted the urge to find out the sex. I also resisted the urge to go mad shopping afterwards though I'm sure I'll start picking up bits from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Due Feb 3rd. All Scans showing a healthy baby boy. Herself has only had 3 emotional episodes out of the ordinary. She hasn't really had any cravings just food aversions. We've got a crib, a stroller, two car seats, loads of clothes, diapers, breast pump etc. etc.

We're all set. A few weeks before the due date. We're going to move to be closer to her parents. Which is a bit of a screw in the plans but it just so happen our lease is up on the 4th of Feb and she wants to be close to her mother for support. The hospital we're scheduled for is over an hour away from there. I think it should be ok. If she happens to pop when at work. She'll be much closer to the Hospital. If not, I'm sure it will still be fine.

Our dog has become extra affectionate towards her in the last 3 weeks.

She only started showing in the last week!

By all accounts she says the time is flying and the pregnancy hasn't been that bad...yet...

She was a bit disappointed to not be having a girl. She has come around to having a boy, though.

Hey mama's to be, how is everyone finding things?
    Some of you are so organised, we've only sorted the travel system & nothing else so far, I feel very unorganised and overwhelmed sometimes to not be making progress, it hubby is completely laid back about getting the other bits sorted! Anyone else find this? Would really like to be ticking things off and not have to organise in last month or two! Is that hormones/nesting or just sensible?!
    So tired some days, though everything going well, having leg cramps at night this week which is new, stretching seems to help though! Feeling like eating a lot of the time too! Anomaly scan was lovely and so reassuring :-)
    Anyone else finding last couple of weeks a lot more clothes don't fit?! Did a big clear out at weekend to pack away my non fitting stuff, so much easier getting dressed now!

• Advertisement

Getting a lot of stuff of my family second hand so very lucky. I've set after Christmas as when I need to have stuff together as it's a late Feb probably March baby.

Feeling OK. Not too much to complain about. Having leaky boobs so that's a bit gross. I wore a nice white jumper to work last week and when I got home realised I looked like a snowman all day.

Hitting 24 wks this week so definitely feel more secure that things will be OK.

Advertisement