Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 500gb with destiny the taken king €300

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Can confirm it is the newer model. Bought this 7 days from them for 340...
    Wonder if I could get the difference back :P

Edit* Oh and forgot to say this is a fantastic deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

add metal gear solid to the mix and the total comes to €332.99.
    Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Does seem like a great deal, how much of a serious gamer would one have to be to need the 1tb console? I never had much of a memory on my 360 and it was never an issue so should the 500gb be enough for most?

Does seem like a great deal, how much of a serious gamer would one have to be to need the 1tb console? I never had much of a memory on my 360 and it was never an issue so should the 500gb be enough for most?

Each game takes up on average of 50GB, a 500GB hard drive would fill up with 10 games. If you are subscribed to PS plus and download alot on the games the 500gb will fill up very quickly. This is the reason alot of people ahve upgraded their consoles to 2TB.

First thing to know is that every physical copy of a game will/must be installed so that takes up room.
    I have about 200GB free after installing about 4 physical copies of games, downloading another 2-3 free to play ones.
    You can always upgrade the hard drive down the road anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

No stock anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

'Yeah no stock in tallaght, checked the shop and asked just incase.

Was planning on buying the destiny king bundle today so that was a great surprise...but not so much now with the stock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    First thing to know is that every physical copy of a game will/must be installed so that takes up room.
    I have about 200GB free after installing about 4 physical copies of games, downloading another 2-3 free to play ones.
    You can always upgrade the hard drive down the road anyway...

Thats mad, I assumed it would just be saved game data so that you wouldnt use much if you just had physical games. (I live in the country with crap broadband so downloading games is not an option)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Could someone confirm if this model has the matt black hard disk cover and physical power buttons ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Flaccus wrote: »
    Could someone confirm if this model has the matt black hard disk cover and physical power buttons ?

Yup I checked and it should do.
    Look here

I bought one YESTERDAY for 340 in argos Stephens Green. I mistakenly reserved two consoles so the reservation is due to expire today, might be worth checking back whenever the reservation system refreshes. << The reservation was for the Jet Black bundle

Anyone think argos will do anything on the price for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Yup I checked and it should do.
    Look here

I bought one YESTERDAY for 340 in argos Stephens Green. I mistakenly reserved two consoles so the reservation is due to expire today, might be worth checking back whenever the reservation system refreshes. << The reservation was for the Jet Black bundle

Anyone think argos will do anything on the price for me?

Have you used the console yet? If not, return it for a full refund and use the second reservation to buy it again at the reduced price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭superflyninja

tallpaul wrote: »
    Have you used the console yet? If not, return it for a full refund and use the second reservation to buy it again at the reduced price!

problem is i dont have the console with me. Id need to get it from home, return it and buy it again lol. Ill ring them up and see.....

problem is i dont have the console with me. Id need to get it from home, return it and buy it again lol. Ill ring them up and see.....

Let us know, I bought this bundle 7 days ago, wondering if I can get something back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Is there much difference between this and the ps3?
    Thanks

Thanks

TROLL

padair wrote: »
    TROLL

They live under bridges :)

Serious question
    I have a ps3 (still boxed) as my son was a bit young when we got it. I'm looking at taking it out for Christmas but don't know if its worth getting the ps4 and off loading the ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

In ref to earlier post, WTF do you need to install a physical disc to the internal HDD ? Seems ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

dodzy wrote: »
    In ref to earlier post, WTF do you need to install a physical disc to the internal HDD ? Seems ridiculous.

Because it works better, it's been the standard on PC for years and years and both main consoles do it now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

dodzy wrote: »
    Mainly because optical media is terrible by todays standards, but no one is going to change it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Liam O wrote: »
    Because it works better, it's been the standard on PC for years and years and both main consoles do it now too.

I believe its due to the nature of the optical media. Having it on the HDD allows for faster access and consolidation of the information into one place.

Optical media is quite slow at seeking random sectors on a disc, when coupled with the fact that there are many discs. Optical media is really a pain, its just used as a initial game download method now, and is a tradition people will be slow to let go off. It helps with managing games in countries with poor broadband too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    No stock anywhere :(

I reserved one in Arklow,code is available via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Serious question I have a ps3 (still boxed) as my son was a bit young when we got it. I'm looking at taking it out for Christmas but don't know if its worth getting the ps4 and off loading the ps3.

Plenty of cheap and suitable games on ps3 for a young kid. Ps4 would be overkill.

sweetie wrote: »
    Plenty of cheap and suitable games on ps3 for a young kid. Ps4 would be overkill.

thanks

In case youve missed the agos. ps4. Amazon.de are doing the old version PS4 with 1tb for €300.
    HKUD has the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

limerick, monaghan, and sligo left just..

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=448/5016

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Thanks
    Better graphics on PS4 basically as well as it functioning faster I suppose. So if you have a fancy television and care about graphics PS4 > PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

They live under bridges :)

Serious question
    I have a ps3 (still boxed) as my son was a bit young when we got it. I'm looking at taking it out for Christmas but don't know if its worth getting the ps4 and off loading the ps3.

keep the ps3, use the same psn account on both. assuming you play online with ps4, you will get playstation plus with free games every month.

phill106 wrote: »
    keep the ps3, use the same psn account on both. assuming you play online with ps4, you will get playstation plus with free games every month.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

None available now. If anyone comes across similiar deal pls. post

• Advertisement

coxy123 wrote: »
    None available now. If anyone comes across similiar deal pls. post

Why dont you reserve it?

Advertisement