Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odeon: 5 cinema tickets for €20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Lunaarli wrote: »
    Did that work this morn for you?
    I installed the groupon app but it would only recognise english destinations!

Yeah I purchased the tickets around 10am. Maybe turn on your location services for the app

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I got two tickets for €9 something I put SPRING15 in as a promotional code and the price came up happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

casio4 wrote: »
    I got two tickets for €9 something I put SPRING15 in as a promotional code and the price came up happy days :)

Spoofer. Them there codes are/were not working as of early AM today. Either via phone app or web.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I bought two five-ticket bundles before Christmas and the staff at my local Odeon had absolutely no idea how to process them. It took 10 minutes every single time, and I always had to wait for a more senior member of staff to come and try figure it out. A total pain in the arse. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I bought two five-ticket bundles before Christmas and the staff at my local Odeon had absolutely no idea how to process them. It took 10 minutes every single time, and I always had to wait for a more senior member of staff to come and try figure it out. A total pain in the arse. Never again.

Did someone ask/tell you you used them before?

• Advertisement

jeffk wrote: »
    Did someone ask/tell you you used them before?

Yes, one girl was absolutely adamant that the voucher was 'empty', when in fact there was four tickets left on it.

Yes, one girl was absolutely adamant that the voucher was 'empty', when in fact there was four tickets left on it.

Same as me,while there was a queue forming behind me as I tried to convince people they where vaild

Same as me,while there was a queue forming behind me as I tried to convince people they where vaild

Yeah it's a joke. I gave my final four tickets to my sister for her and her family. Management tried to get rid of her by saying they weren't valid. I was at a wedding that day. I had to leave the meal in order to speak to the manager over the phone. They eventually let her in, but I don't think they believed her or me. I was just so bloody angry I think they just gave in. She was mortified in front of everyone. Ridiculous carry on.

Yeah it's a joke. I gave my final four tickets to my sister for her and her family. Management tried to get rid of her by saying they weren't valid. I was at a wedding that day. I had to leave the meal in order to speak to the manager over the phone. They eventually let her in, but I don't think they believed her or me. I was just so bloody angry I think they just gave in. She was mortified in front of everyone. Ridiculous carry on.

I was talking to a staff member and he said that Groupon dont say they are getting them and said the same with the ones in the paper. But then they have a piece of paper they eventually scan, unless thats a general barcode for free passes.

But the hassle they put people through over tickets they paid good money for is madness. The issue lies between odeon and groupon having as good as no system in place,not the customer.

There should be a code or bardcore(even the new qr ones) for each ticket you get and this is scanned in. No activation, nothing, a personal barcode only you have for each ticket. Then most people have smart phones, up to counter and scan them like a subway/topaz etc card

dodzy wrote: »
    Spoofer. Them there codes are/were not working as of early AM today. Either via phone app or web.

I'm not spoofing I was charged €9.35 for two tickets and when I printed the groupon voucher it says €11 but my bank card was charged €9.35. I tried the code to get 5 tickets but it wouldn't work on that one

• Advertisement

I was talking to a staff member and he said that Groupon dont say they are getting them and said the same with the ones in the paper. But then they have a piece of paper they eventually scan, unless thats a general barcode for free passes.

But the hassle they put people through over tickets they paid good money for is madness. The issue lies between odeon and groupon having as good as no system in place,not the customer.

There should be a code or bardcore(even the new qr ones) for each ticket you get and this is scanned in. No activation, nothing, a personal barcode only you have for each ticket. Then most people have smart phones, up to counter and scan them like a subway/topaz etc card
    this is the first groupon voucher I have got that doesn't have a bar code usually there is one on it so i'm thinking this is going to be hassle when I get to the till

casio4 wrote: »
    this is the first groupon voucher I have got that doesn't have a bar code usually there is one on it so i'm thinking this is going to be hassle when I get to the till

Yeah you usually get a PDF with what you got with a bardcode

The time I used these

You got a code
    Click on some uk link and enter code to activate them
    You then got another email to show it’s activated and use that code
    You then can print or show that email on your phone to a staff member

Then in my experience
    Wait a number of minutes
    Other member/s comes over
    Then a manager
    Someone asks/tells did you not use them before
    Half the cinema queues behind you pissed off
    You get embarrassed/fed up,think why and maybe ill just pay
    You can use them

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

snubbleste wrote: »
    That code should work. Groupon keeps crashing on me though.

Anyone know what happened to O2 Priority €5 cinema tickets? Is O2 priority gone with the Three merge?

O2 Priority is now 3Plus. And the €5 IMC/Odeon ticket offer is now two people for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

I got one of the 5 for €25 vouchers a few weeks ago and I have used them all. I had no trouble with using them at all in the Odeon Coolock. I just gave them the codes and they gave me the tickets.

Not sure if it's just that they know what they are doing in the Odeon Coolock or if they have ironed out the initial teething problems but I had no issues with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I had used 10 in Blanchardstown last time and never an issue. They seem to look at the code on the coupon and if it matches a range of numbers they have on another sheet with barcodes on it. They scan them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

MB05 wrote: »
    I got one of the 5 for €25 vouchers a few weeks ago and I have used them all. I had no trouble with using them at all in the Odeon Coolock. I just gave them the codes and they gave me the tickets.

Not sure if it's just that they know what they are doing in the Odeon Coolock or if they have ironed out the initial teething problems but I had no issues with it at all.

me too Odean in coolock were able to youe the 2 and the 5 vouchers easily and fairly quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I have 5 vouchers at face value if anyone wants them.
    I wont get a chance to use them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Has anyone used these in Point Village and been okay?
    Can you go in earlier in the day to get tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

If you're on three, install 3 plus app and get two for ten

Or do above and send the screenshot on and let someone use it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

If you're on three, install 3 plus app and get two for ten

Or do above and send the screenshot on and let someone use it

Annoying thing about the three plus codes is its only valid sun-thurs whereas the groupon ones are valid all the time. Handy for fri & sat nights :)

Lunaarli wrote:
    Annoying thing about the three plus codes is its only valid sun-thurs whereas the groupon ones are valid all the time. Handy for fri & sat nights

Ooh yeah forgot that

Suppose if you go a lot, use odeon points for a free ticket and half the cost of the paid one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Ooh yeah forgot that

Suppose if you go a lot, use odeon points for a free ticket and half the cost of the paid one

I go to the Odeon a lot.

So, Sunday evening to Thursday - ThreePlus gets me two for ten euro.

When you buy them, you're given 33% off vouchers, meaning two tickets during peak times will be 13.40.

Then use Odeon points about once a month for free tickets.

When you buy them, you're given 33% off vouchers, meaning two tickets during peak times will be 13.40.

Only issue with this is its usually excluding two of the latest films, say mad max for example

Only issue with this is its usually excluding two of the latest films, say mad max for example

Yep, that's true.

The Groupon tickets tend to exclude certain films too. And on bargain Wednesday (where tickets are a fiver), they add a euro to the cost of specific films each week.

So I use the 3plus codes for 'blockbuster' films, as they can only charge ten euro for two tickets, no extra euro charge for a new release, then the 33% off vouchers for non-blockbuster films.

So I use the 3plus codes for 'blockbuster' films, as they can only charge ten euro for two tickets, no extra euro charge for a new release, then the 33% off vouchers for non-blockbuster films.

The Groupon tickets tend to exclude certain films too. And on bargain Wednesday (where tickets are a fiver), they add a euro to the cost of specific films each week.

Yep, that's true.

Then hit dealz for munchies

Then hit dealz for munchies

Nah, I don't eat in the cinema :D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

thanks for posting this and all the tips - great help!!!
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Is the Three App deal reusable? I've never used it, but I see it says Codes Remaining: 1. Will this renew?

• Advertisement

podge018 wrote:
    Is the Three App deal reusable? I've never used it, but I see it says Codes Remaining: 1. Will this renew?

Says unlimited on mine

Did you use any?

Advertisement