Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Panel Battery Fault

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So is this happening when the system is disarmed?
    If it is there may be a tamper problem also.
    Is the old battery still connected? If so disconnect it. It may be drawing the DC power on the panel down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It's only when the system is armed. I'm not sure whether it's the opening the internal door or switching on the lights (as we tend to do both within seconds of the other) that's doing it. It doesn't happen every time. Twice in the past week if I've set the alarm and opened the kitchen door shortly after it has done this. This morning it was when we got up.

Actually I suspect it was switching on the lights as the first night it went off the door was wedged open as I'd washed the kitchen floor...

Old battery is still connected - I'm worried about the insurance situation regarding this battery situation. Whether the old one is connected or not, would our insurance be valid while the panel reads battery fault?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It sounds like a faulty sensor or contact on zone 3.
    I can help you find the problem if you have a multi meter
    How long has battery been showing on the screen?
    If you turn the mains power off does the battery still hold the system up?
    If it does leave it connected. If it does not , disconnect it, its doing no good anyway.

Thanks for all your help. Battery error almost 2 weeks since a major powercut...was away last weekend and didn't get to replace battery. Went to do it today and realised battery was non-rechargeable - should have bought it myself :D Battery is not holding alarm up, when I arrived home mid powercut the system was dead.

Number of the last guy to service it is written on the panel..will give him a call in the morning.

The battery you require is 7amp 12volt DC rechargeable.
    03294155.jpg

If you need any help you know where we are...

• Advertisement

Would rather give the business to either of the boards guys who've helped in this thread tbh. Am Dublin 15 based...if either of you are interested please pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

athtrasna wrote: »
    Would rather give the business to either of the boards guys who've helped in this thread tbh. Am Dublin 15 based...if either of you are interested please pm.

We are all listed here in the suppliers list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Good afternoon

As per the OP alarm panel battery fault. i haven't opened the panel yet if this is the battery i need 12v 7.0 AH any recommendations where i could get one in cork city?

Thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

kooga wrote: »
    Good afternoon

As per the OP alarm panel battery fault. i haven't opened the panel yet if this is the battery i need 12v 7.0 AH any recommendations where i could get one in cork city?

Thank you in advance

Hi Kooga, just to be sure, what panel have you got?

Let us know that please, other than that go to Aes on Kinsale Road 021 4964777 and they will sort you out.
    But just let us know again what panel you have.

kub wrote: »
    Hi Kooga, just to be sure, what panel have you got?

Let us know that please, other than that go to Aes on Kinsale Road 021 4964777 and they will sort you out.
    But just let us know again what panel you have.

Tks kub when you say panel is that the keypad panel or the big control box? can get a pic of them and post later

again thank you for the reply

• Advertisement

Tks kub when you say panel is that the keypad panel or the big control box? can get a pic of them and post later

again thank you for the reply

The keypad ie. The pad that you put your code into, that should do fine.

Kooga just to save you the hassle, does the keypad speak while you are arming/ disarming it and is there HKC in blue writing to the right of the 9 button?

The keypad ie. The pad that you put your code into, that should do fine.

Kooga just to save you the hassle, does the keypad speak while you are arming/ disarming it and is there HKC in blue writing to the right of the 9 button?

yes the keypad speaks and hkc to the right here are the pics

again thanks for the reply

yes the keypad speaks and hkc to the right here are the pics

again thanks for the reply

So off to AES and get yourself a 12 volt 7 amp battery, if you want to also bring your existing one and they will dispose it for you.

So off to AES and get yourself a 12 volt 7 amp battery, if you want to also bring your existing one and they will dispose it for you.

kub

thank you

kub

thank you

Not at all, if you have any problems with it please come back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭SeanF

Hi,

I have the very same issue with the same HKC alarm as displayed in the attached imagine by Kooga above. I'm based in Newbridge/Dublin. Anyone know where I can get a replacement battery in this part of the country?

Thanks in advance.

SeanF wrote: »
    Hi,

I have the very same issue with the same HKC alarm as displayed in the attached imagine by Kooga above. I'm based in Newbridge/Dublin. Anyone know where I can get a replacement battery in this part of the country?

Thanks in advance.

Have a look on the suppliers list here for local suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bunglemark2

Hi folks. Getting error message and beeping every 30 mins "DTC FTC", called alarm monitoring company and they see no issue. Phone line working also ok. Need to disable this beeping as its midnight and kids awake. Please help.

What happens or displays if you enter your user code?

KoolKid wrote: »
    What happens or displays if you enter your user code?

Beeping stops. Get a DMC FTC error. 30 mins later it beeps again. Then I do the same thing.

• Advertisement

Beeping stops. Get a DMC FTC error. 30 mins later it beeps again. Then I do the same thing.

Panel Batt Flt message. Prob needs a service which I've booked but have to stop this going off all night. Keeping kids awake 😢

The battery may be bringing the power down.
    Disconnect the battery and clear the message again.

The battery may be bringing the power down.
    Disconnect the battery and clear the message again.
    Do I need to knock off the mains switch at the fuseboard to the whole house, open the alarm panel, disconnect the battery and away we go? Not 100% sure what I'm at here. Want to be sure its the battery in the nation alarm box or is there one in the alarm panel itself?

The battery is in the main control panel not the keypad. Turn off the mains if you are unsure. If you are not comfortable doing any of this you would be better getting a professional in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sgcookie

Hi, we have one of these alarms and it keeps going off when we're out and randomly when we're at home. We don't set it because of this problem and it still goes off. The power light is on and fault light on permanently on control pad. It drives the neighbours mad. Any advice?Thanks

sgcookie wrote: »
    Hi, we have one of these alarms and it keeps going off when we're out and randomly when we're at home. We don't set it because of this problem and it still goes off. The power light is on and fault light on permanently on control pad. It drives the neighbours mad. Any advice?Thanks

When you enter your user code does the keypad display what the fault is?

You more than likely have a faulty or faulty devices on the system, only testing with a multimeter will find these devices.

If the fault light is on what fault is it showing on the keypad?
    It sounds like you have a couple of issues. The fault may indicate a low battery or some other permanent fault. What's displayed after you turn it off after will tell you what the other problem is. Possibly a tamper or panic alarm activation.

altor wrote: »
    When you enter your user code does the keypad display what the fault is?

You more than likely have a faulty or faulty devices on the system, only testing with a multimeter will find these devices.

It's saying battery fault then factory link off.

If the fault light is on what fault is it showing on the keypad?
    It sounds like you have a couple of issues. The fault may indicate a low battery or some other permanent fault. What's displayed after you turn it off after will tell you what the other problem is. Possibly a tamper or panic alarm activation.
    How do I turn it off? Sorry I'm not sure if it can be turned off in mains box or the keypad.
    It's saying battery fault then factory link off.

• Advertisement

The factory link is in the center of the board.
    When this is removed and down powered your system if not engineer locked will default to factory defaults.
    If you dont have the link then a piece of cable wrapped around it will stop this happening.
    The back up battery is located in the control panel, not the keypad.
    Its a 7 Amp Battery.

Advertisement