Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11 Road Works

Options
  • 02-03-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when the work on the M11 for the jack white bypass will be done?

How long will it take then from say the start of the m50 to Gorey?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

ezra_ wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the work on the M11 for the jack white bypass will be done?

How long will it take then from say the start of the m50 to Gorey?

Spoke to a lad working on it and they've been told they have to be finished by August, as it is to open then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭ezra_

Spoke to a lad working on it and they've been told they have to be finished by August, as it is to open then

THanks.

Will be great when it is done!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

Anyone know who to approach about jobs in the new services

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

bido wrote: »

I'd say they will be advertised soon looks almost done it would be whoever is running it I suppose topaz or apple green maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

bido wrote: »
    applegreen have the contracts for motorway services so contact them

so after putting up with years of tailbacks and putting up with the stress of the construction the road is finally finished and set to open to the public from next monday woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

so after putting up with years of tailbacks and putting up with the stress of the construction the road is finally finished and set to open to the public from next monday woohoo
    Starting a new job in bray next week so just in time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

An hour and twenty minutes from River chapel to the Beehive this morning, thank fcuk that's all over.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    An hour and twenty minutes from River chapel to the Beehive this morning, thank fcuk that's all over.
    jaysus i could get to wicklow in 2hrs from waterford and i drive a truck restricted to 89kph and thats when the road works were happening, how fast rya driving

• Advertisement

You wouldn't have done it on Monday at 8am. Jam started just after the first Arklow exit off the M11 and it was stop start the whole way to the Beehive, average speed couldn't have been more than 10mph. I kept expecting to come across a reason for it such as a stop/go system but there was nothing, it was down to sheer volume and foul weather.

Took just over 20 mins from loughlinstown to arklow (junction 20) in Tuesday.
    Took about 3or 4 minutes from beehive to jack whites (you can see both from the motor way)

mackeire wrote: »
    Took just over 20 mins from loughlinstown to arklow (junction 20) in Tuesday.
    Took about 3or 4 minutes from beehive to jack whites (you can see both from the motor way)

Nope, no you didn't

Nope, no you didn't
    Yeah I lied. We were actually in a helicopter!

mackeire wrote: »
    Yeah I lied. We were actually in a helicopter!

Well the new section between Jack Whites and the Beehive is 16km. Doing it in 4 minutes would have you doing an average speed of 240kph. Loughlinstown to the Arklow turn is approx 50km, which has you doing an average speed of 150kph

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

Well the new section between Jack Whites and the Beehive is 16km.
    Jack White and Beehive is 9km or 5.5 miles!
    https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/52.8826475,-6.0991933/N11,+Co.+Wicklow/@52.8561624,-6.1437883,12z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x4867b9c07542c4fd:0x9eb9beea91dae9a7!2m2!1d-6.0959721!2d52.9528727!3e0?hl=en

There was more to the scheme than between those two points

You wouldn't have done it on Monday at 8am. Jam started just after the first Arklow exit off the M11 and it was stop start the whole way to the Beehive, average speed couldn't have been more than 10mph. I kept expecting to come across a reason for it such as a stop/go system but there was nothing, it was down to sheer volume and foul weather.
    that would explain it so, i go up that direction and pass junction 23 at 6am

Do you have drops en route, cookie? As a former trucker myself, I would have thought Waterford/Dublin via the N11 was unnecessary hardship.

Do you have drops en route, cookie? As a former trucker myself, I would have thought Waterford/Dublin via the N11 was unnecessary hardship.
    ah i only go up as far as wicklow, yeah i work for kerry foods direct sales to shops

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

An hour from Leopardstown to Enniscorthy this evening,that would have been impossible on the old road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Are plans in existence to further extend the road southwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Yes, all the way to Rosslare Harbour, bypassing Enniscorthy and Oylegate. But they're on the long finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

New Ross by pass will start before Enniscorthy by pass apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Yes, all the way to Rosslare Harbour, bypassing Enniscorthy and Oylegate. But they're on the long finger.
    vicwatson wrote: »
    New Ross by pass will start before Enniscorthy by pass apparently

Thanks lads, Ross is crying out for a bypass alright. Always was.
    My biggest moan is the unholy trinity of Enniscorthy, Camolin and Ferns before getting back on decent road again.
    Here's to the hopefully not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

Enniscorthy will start early in the New Year. BAM are the preferred tenderer and the usual negotiations are going on prior to signing of the contracts.
    http://www.wexfordpeople.ie/news/start-date-on-new-ross-and-enniscorthy-bypasses-delayed-31289478.html

Roen wrote: »
    Are plans in existence to further extend the road southwards?
    yes land was purchased and all, the plan is also to build second bridge down river from new ross and link up with lower end of motorway before wexford town apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

Is there another toll bridge on this road ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Gride wrote: »
    Is there another toll bridge on this road ?

No toll.

Well the new section between Jack Whites and the Beehive is 16km. Doing it in 4 minutes would have you doing an average speed of 240kph. Loughlinstown to the Arklow turn is approx 50km, which has you doing an average speed of 150kph
    Again today, beehive to jack whites in 4 minutes. Going at the speed limit!

• Advertisement

Just in passing I noticed hand painted signs for Jack Whites and the Tap. Surely these are illegal and the actual act of placing them there was illegal. Pay for your signage like everyone else.

Advertisement