Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Chemistry - Higher Level - June 16th***

Options
  • 16-06-2015 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Did anyone else find that tough? Think I did better in the mocks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

That was pretty difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ImRebecca

135083 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find that tough? Think I did better in the mocks!

I thought it was the worst chemistry test I ever did! Kissed my A1 goodbye

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chocolalla

I loved ittttttttti

• Registered Users Posts: 7 12hello345

That was so hard worst exam ever was hoping for A definitely only managed a C , ffs I hate the sec

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dazzadazza

I thought the questions were asked in an awkward way. For example instead of asking for the trends across and down a group they asked for bigger and smaller atoms.

I still felt like I gave everything a decent shot. I'm thinking B1 A2.

• Advertisement

Chocolalla wrote: »
    I loved ittttttttti

Do you reckon you got that A1?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 blue_velvet

Could anyone do the formation of ethanol question?I couldn't get the right equation for combustion of ethanol

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Noire

Pretty hard paper, all the experiment questions were pretty tricky imo

Could anyone do the formation of ethanol question?I couldn't get the right equation for combustion of ethanol

I think it was C2H5OH + 3O2 ---> 2CO2 + 3H2O

dazzadazza wrote: »
    Do you reckon you got that A1?

I hope re , u ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 135083

Hopefully still got the A1, but didn't like the paper at all. Was less of a "throw down everything you know off by heart paper" and moreso one where you had to really work them out IMO. What did you guys do for the equilibrium question, multiply Kc by 10 then solve the quadratic?

I hope re , u ??

Not too sure about an A1 because there were a few parts where I relied on waffle. I'll settle for an A2 B1 though.

135083 wrote: »
    Hopefully still got the A1, but didn't like the paper at all. Was less of a "throw down everything you know off by heart paper" and moreso one where you had to really work them out IMO. What did you guys do for the equilibrium question, multiply Kc by 10 then solve the quadratic?

Yeah, what did you get for 'x'? I think I got like 15.32 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

That was a harder paper than I thought it would be. Was going for an A1 but i would be happy with a A2/B1 on that paper.

Anyone else get 20 for the x value in question 11? Cant remember exactky but was a nice whole number

What talk get for the value oh heat of formation ??

What talk get for the value oh heat of formation ??

Around -270 kJ/mol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

It could have been worse was my first thought. Roughly added up my marks at the end of the exam and I reckon I got a B1/B2. I'm just happy to be finished :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 blue_velvet

dazzadazza wrote: »
    I think it was C2H5OH + 3O2 ---> 2CO2 + 3H2O

I had that! Just couldn't get the question to work out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

Yeah, what did you get for 'x'? I think I got like 15.32 or something

X = 20

Number of gaseous moles = 5 mol/L or 50 mol/10L

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ima_mokster

Worst paper ive seen in terms of wording, was hoping for a definite A1, I'll take an A2 now tbh.. anyone know the initial appearance of phenylmethanol before KMNO4^-1? Paper was much like what I heard about the biology in that it wasn't as accessible as previously imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

Alex Meier wrote: »
    X = 20

Number of gaseous moles = 5 mol/L or 50 mol/10L

Think thats right. I got x to be 2 because I divided by 10, and got 5 overall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

Hard but not cruel.

I know of two calculations I messed up already :(

But sure be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭expiiplus1

Why would you multiply by 10 in the equilibrium problem? I'm really nervous about that part of the paper.
    My reasoning was that the only thing that could affect Kc was temperature and that remained the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

kindof crying, never not gotton an A1 in chemistry and then BAM

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iamtheduchess

No A1, more like a C1. So disappointed!
    Thankfully had gone over catalysts etc!

Can someone do the solution to that equillibrium question?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

The_N4sir wrote: »
    That was a harder paper than I thought it would be. Was going for an A1 but i would be happy with a A2/B1 on that paper.

Anyone else get 20 for the x value in question 11? Cant remember exactky but was a nice whole number

I got about 12ish, i saw how the quadratic would be 20/60 but the equation didn't work out so i had to use the quadratic formula. Is x=20 would you not have gotten a negative figure for A as A was 30 -2x at equil??

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ima_mokster

Im pretty sure x=10?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

Hard exam, the way they asked for stuff was really convoluted sometimes. Did 9 Qs but did them well, still think i'm on track for an A, whether it's an A1 or A2 depends on the marking scheme i think. Glad it's over. The experiments were perfect btw, did all three!

• Advertisement

I got about 12ish, i saw how the quadratic would be 20/60 but the equation didn't work out so i had to use the quadratic formula. Is x=20 would you not have gotten a negative figure for A as A was 30 -2x at equil??

I took A as 30-x so I guess i'll have to see what others got

Advertisement