Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend [Back March 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

aldi.ie/en/about-aldi/information/voucher-terms-and-conditions/

Pick up your papers and save €10 at Aldi
    Irish Independent every Thursday and Friday
    Irish Sun every Saturday
    Irish Examiner every Saturday

Terms and Conditions

*See back of voucher for dates of use. Voucher must be presented before purchasing items at the till. Voucher valid for €10 off your shopping when you spend €50 in a single transaction. One voucher per single transaction. Copied, damaged or defaced vouchers will not be accepted - only original vouchers are valid. Excludes infant Formula Milk. This voucher has no cash value, is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. This voucher remains the property of Aldi stores Ltd and is not for resale or publication.

So I can get to avoid #redacted

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

snubbleste wrote: »
    If I go to Spar and hand this over, will it be accepted?
    No.

Only Tesco accepts rival vouchers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

jwwb wrote: »
    aldi.ie/en/about-aldi/information/voucher-terms-and-conditions/
    Pick up your papers and save €10 at Aldi
    Irish Independent every Thursday and Friday
    Irish Sun every Saturday
    Irish Examiner every Saturday
    Is this indefinite?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,701 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

snubbleste wrote: »
    Is this indefinite?

Hopefully, I'm finding it hard to keep a straight face at the checkouts in Tesco such is the discount on already discounted items :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The Sun is a euro

The Examiner on Saturday is 2.20

Just in case you only want the papers for the vouchers. I'll buy the sun and light the fire with it after !!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

vicwatson wrote: »
    The Sun is a euro

The Examiner on Saturday is 2.20

Just in case you only want the papers for the vouchers. I'll buy the sun and light the fire with it after !!

Thank you!

Now all I need to do is get a paper.

Niemoj wrote: »
    Thank you!

Now all I need to do is get a paper.

Indo, today and tomorrow also !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

snubbleste one month ban for trolling, this is the 3rd ban from BA, next one will be a permaban, absolutely sick of getting reported posts about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

For anyone near a college with a students union shop, newspapers are usually half price or less everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Tesco no longer take them for gift cards. Groceries only, for those planning on using them in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Tesco no longer take them for gift cards. Groceries only, for those planning on using them in Tesco.

Had a similar experience yesterday in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

ohh great - missed todays.. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

pa990 wrote: »
    Had a similar experience yesterday in tesco

They were never supposed to be in the first place, but in saying that, I think it depends on the store and the assistant.
    No particular logic in not allowing them for Tesco Gift card, if they've the correct profit margins on all their goods, it shouldn't affect them?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    They were never supposed to be in the first place, but in saying that, I think it depends on the store and the assistant.
    No particular logic in not allowing them for Tesco Gift card, if they've the correct profit margins on all their goods, it shouldn't affect them?

It makes absolute sense (from Tesco's perspective) not to allow them to be used when buying Tesco gift cards as they obviously accept them when you're buying goods and paying the balance with a gift card.

If you were to use a voucher to buy a €50 Tesco gift card and then use €40 from this gift card with another voucher to buy fifty quid's worth of groceries, you're basically getting the groceries for €32 which is a discount of 36%.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Haven't been in aldi in awhile, I know aldi stock a dolce gusto compatible pod, just wondering if anyone knows if the have tassimo pods, of not I'll probably use the voucher in tesco,

Sorry mods if it's a little off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Quackster wrote: »
    It makes absolute sense (from Tesco's perspective) not to allow them to be used when buying Tesco gift cards as they obviously accept them when you're buying goods and paying the balance with a gift card.

If you were to use a voucher to buy a €50 Tesco gift card and then use €40 from this gift card with another voucher to buy fifty quid's worth of groceries, you're basically getting the groceries for €32 which is a discount of 36%.
    I was more of spend 20 and buy 30 gift card type of guy, never wanted to appear too blatant!
    I hear you, but it might make more sense to simply disallow the discount when gift cards are used in payment. They make the rules of how to accept competitors vouchers, so that wouldn't present any issues.
    Anyway, I suppose we should just be thankful that the Germans have stepped up their attacks on Tesco margins once again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

If I was to use this for Tesco. Is it just spend over €50 in Tesco and use it or can you spend less than €50?!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

rustyzip wrote: »
    If I was to use this for Tesco. Is it just spend over €50 in Tesco and use it or can you spend less than €50?!

Have to spend 50 or over

The voucher is 10€ off 50€ spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Is there anywhere you can get a list of Aldi drink prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

vicwatson wrote: »
    The voucher is 10€ off 50€ spend.
    yes and if you have 2 vouchers and split your shop you can get 20 euro off 100:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rustyzip wrote: »
    I use my phone calculator to tot up my stuff as I would not usually spend over €50 and do not want to overspend. One smart poster was buying his paper in tesco as part of his €50 spend, put it through first and cut it out at the checkout and hand it over.

I don't think my tesco sells papers though.

I have been checking tesco online for bargains, esp. more expensive compact stuff as I am usually walking home with the shopping. So washing powders, cleaning stuff, toiletries, spirits are all good to get and not perishable.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

So are Tesco definitely taking the Aldi vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

So are Tesco definitely taking the Aldi vouchers?
    YES

• Registered Users Posts: 81,701 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm loaded up with vouchers now, I'm hoping for some Tesco deals next week, has dried up at the minute.

Lots of sun cream is BOGOF in tesco, if looking for something expensive and compact.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Been waiting for Aldi to do this for a long time! Cheers OP.

On the subject of Tesco. I seem to be missing out. Are Aldi and Lidl not on par with the likes of Tesco these days, save for a few name brand items that you go out of your way there to get?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Been waiting for Aldi to do this for a long time! Cheers OP.

On the subject of Tesco. I seem to be missing out. Are Aldi and Lidl not on par with the likes of Tesco these days, save for a few name brand items that you go out of your way there to get?

That's true but the only issue is the limited range they stock. Using vouchers in Tesco makes particular sense when buying stuff like phone credit or from their extensive hardware and electrical departments.

And their own-brand range too is much more extensive than the other supermarkets.

• Advertisement

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Are Aldi and Lidl not on par with the likes of Tesco these days
    It's doubling up on offers that can help. e.g. heineken & coors were €26 for 24 cans in tesco a week or so ago and lidl vouchers were about. So 2 trays at €21 each (€52-€10)

If lidl/aldi were selling heineken that cheap there is no way in hell they would have been also releasing vouchers that week.

tesco online is great as you can search just current offers by department, it also says when offers start and end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement