Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite mascara?

Options
  • 08-05-2015 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

What's your favourite mascara?

Mine used to be Avon SuperFull (it was AMAZING at giving you endlessly long eyelashes and you could apply as many coats as you liked and it'd never clump. It also had one of those thin nobbly wands).

When they discontinued it, I had to go and find my replacement mascara, and after trying a few, I've settled on Maybelline Illegal Lengths.
    It is just superb at giving you volume and length.

I like applying a lot of mascara but it's never clumpy; everyone always asks me if my lashes are real.

So what's your favourite?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That mascara sounds good, might give it a try, I use benefit bad girl mascara, i like it, didn't like benefit they're real mascara and Im using maybelline colossal at the moment, its good enough

My friend gave me this because she was so delighted with it herself.

seventeen_400x250.jpg

It is AMAZING. Better than any mascara I've ever used before. I like length and definition rather than thickness, if you go for thicker lashes it might not be for you. The wand is kind of two sided with longer prongs layered with shorter ones for the top and bottom lashes and it really combs it through without clumping and it defines every last tiny lash. Well worth the -10 euro price tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I was given the CoverGirl No Clump Mascara recently and I love it! My lashes are long enough but I like having a bit of volume and this is really good for that. I also really like the L'Oreal Volume Millions Mascara but I find the wand a little harder to work with.

I used to use the Seventeen Mascara above; it's great for lengthening but not so much for volumising IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I have long curly eyelashes but they're not full so my new one is: Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara Very Black. This makes them look very full. It's more a night time mascara for me. I use the normal Maybelline great lash one for daytime. That said i do buy a new mascara every payday just to try the new ones on the market.

Mascara to me is like what shoes are for some gals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Candie wrote: »
    My friend gave me this because she was so delighted with it herself.

seventeen_400x250.jpg

It is AMAZING. Better than any mascara I've ever used before. I like length and definition rather than thickness, if you go for thicker lashes it might not be for you. The wand is kind of two sided with longer prongs layered with shorter ones for the top and bottom lashes and it really combs it through without clumping and it defines every last tiny lash. Well worth the -10 euro price tag.

That looks great. The eyelashes in the right picture there reminds me of how my lashes looked after using SuperFull.
    May have to check this mascara out; thanks for posting it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Tilly wrote: »
    I have long curly eyelashes but they're not full so my new one is: Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara Very Black. This makes them look very full. It's more a night time mascara for me. I use the normal Maybelline great lash one for daytime. That said i do buy a new mascara every payday just to try the new ones on the market.

Mascara to me is like what shoes are for some gals :)

Yeah I'm a bit of a make-up fiend myself, but I'm majorly into eyeshadows at the moment.
    Love a good rummage through Essence and Barry M!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Dior Iconic Overcurl is amazing

I also love Bourjois push up glamour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I like the Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex mascara, it's more for volume than length. It has a nice formula, I can apply a few layers without it feeling crispy. Only problem is that I've found when it starts to dry out (in the tube), it tends to flake off a bit towards the end of the day.

Still on the lookout for my HG mascara, but I'm making notes of the ones mentioned here!

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »

I used to use the Seventeen Mascara above; it's great for lengthening but not so much for volumising IMO.

Yes I agree, its for fans of length and definition more than volume.

If you like Masterpiece or Telescopic, it's a good choice, but if you prefer the likes of They're Real! then it's not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Too Faced, better than sex. I love it! It definitely wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I love the thick long jet black look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I try new ones out all the time but I keep going back to L'Oréal- Lash Architect. It just suits my lashes perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Without a doubt Max Factor Masterpiece Max. Have tried a million mascaras, all the Lancôme ones but always come back to this. It's just the bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

No.7 Exquisite Curl was (and is) my absolute favourite, it gave length, volume and curled my lashes and it lasted so so well. Unfortunately it was discontinued however I kept my tube of it and I do clean the wand and use it in other mascaras.

I've tried the volume million lashes so couture, Catrice lashes to kill, Maybelline colossal, L'oreal butterfly lashes and a few others and while they were alright, I wouldn't repurchase them. The L'oreal and Catrice ones in particular I find take off my own natural lashes with them.

I picked up one in Dealz the other day for 1.49 and its grand, nice and black give definition, no volume/length, but it flakes off, apart from that its OK.

I use the No.7 exceptional definition and its lovely, not lengthening or volumising but it makes my lashes look nice, it lasts for ages, doesn't clump or flake etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I have they're real and while I like it, I didn't think it was oh so amazing as some would have you believe. But then I was complimented on it by my friend, she said it made my eyes look really ~open. So maybe it is better than I think! But the wand! So easy to poke yourself with it!

I have the catrice all-round in waterproof, I really like it for everyday use, my sister isn't impressed with it though.

Max factor false lash effect is nice too!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love Max Factor Masterpiece Transform, it's really, really black! I also like Dior Show Blackout, but haven't bought recently because the MF is so good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I use Benefit Bad Gal and I get a lot of compliments on it.

I'm allergic to a lot of brands so limited in my choices. Have tried They're Real and Roller Lash from Benefit but don't like them.

My all time favourite was Clinique Long Pretty Lashes which was discontinued. Nothing I have found since measures up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Too Faced Better Than Sex.
    Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes.
    Smashbox Eye Brightening.
    Smashbox Full Exposure.
    Loreal Volume Million Lashes Excess.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Urban Decay Perversion, love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Has anyone tried any Tarte mascaras? I've heard that Lights, Camera, Flashes is a nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I gonna be broke come payday cause i HAVE to try ALL the mascaras in this thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

_35.jpg

This is my favourite, I love how I can get two different looks from one mascara brush. I have suggested it to all the girls and converted a few of them.. for the price it is worth a try, €1.36 on ebay!!! Make sure it is the Yanqina brand one as there are others that look identical and are absolute rubbish.

I was also brought back some Misscha 4D mascara from Korea which I am liking but not as much as the above, it really is my holy grail.

For anyone interested, ASOS have up to 30% off beauty, loads of mascaras reduced..........:D

http://www.asos.com/50-Under-50/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=14371&CTARef=GlobalBanner1|WW

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I am currently using and love Urban Decay mascara, can't remember the name but comes with a white primer thingey. The only down side is it is very difficult to take off and leaves panda eyes sometimes. I used to love a Bourjois one but it was discontinued. I have a Lancome one that came with a set that I'll try next. I've never been impressed with Bad Gal or Maybelline mascaras at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ballinasloex

Loreal couture million lashes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KMoon09

Have been using L'Oreal Miss Manga for a while and love it...a very decent product and well worth its €13/€14 price tag.

Have heard great things about the Seventeen mascara that Candie mentioned, looking forward to trying it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Rimmel mascara. I have so many of them. I always seem to lose my favourite ones though. :(

I haven't found any other mascara brands that I've liked, besides Rimmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

I have tried a lot of mascaras, but the only one that doesn't give me panda eyes is Clinique High Impact Curling mascara. Very annoying as it's pricey, would like a cheaper daily alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I love the all eyes on m waterproof mascara from essence. It is one of the rare ones that doesn't flake on me. Recently bought the lash mania reloaded from essence and it is shockingly bad! Goes to show how two from the same make are so different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

For anyone interested, ASOS have up to 30% off beauty, loads of mascaras reduced..........:D

http://www.asos.com/50-Under-50/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=14371&CTARef=GlobalBanner1|WW

Hi, is there a code for this? I tried adding products to basket but its not discounting it :( Or is it already discounted?

• Advertisement

Hi, is there a code for this? I tried adding products to basket but its not discounting it :( Or is it already discounted?
    Hi

No unfortunately it ended at 8am Tuesday. I only realised that myself this morning. Raging. :(

Sorry guys! :(

Advertisement