Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert 2015 predictions

Options
  • 25-01-2015 8:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

As the papers are all made I think the predicting game showed start.
    If anybody has any predictions for any subject and at any level please post it to this thread, and validate your reasons as to why you think it would come up and at what level.The more predictions the better.
    let the predictions begin 😀

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm always tempted to re-name these threads "throwing darts at a dartboard blindfold!"

Sure, sometimes the dart will hit the board, once in a blue moon you might even hit the bullseye ... but it's pot luck, and do you really want to be betting big on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Don't put yourself in a corner by studying based only on "opinions" or "guesses"

I did that last year in Biology by learning the main chapters like human reproduction ect perfectly, and they were ALL left off the paper, and I really had to guess. I still passed, which is all I wanted, but I spent all summer fretting over biology.

So my advice is to learn everything you can, do all the exam papers, but don't try too guess topics based on previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kcull

Chemistry
    - water definitely due to the water charges
    - henry mosely (he was killed 100 years ago this year i believe?)
    - oil refining on Q6 (hasn't come up in 3 years and was answered v badly on OL paper last year)
    - thank the good lord the washing crystals titre came up last year so we won't get it this year! It's awful

English
    - literary genre for comparative (been yonks)
    - Ní Chuilleanáin (irish, woman, first time on course)

Irish
    - sceimhleitheoireacht/cogadh (syria, paris, ukraine, endless examples)
    - daoine bochta/neamhairde ón Rialtais (water charges etc)
    - daoine gan dídine (John Corrie)

Maths
    - inferential stats seeing as it's the first time they are examinable
    - one of the theorems hasn't come up, so whichever one that is, I can't remember

Music
    - Berlioz for the listening, there's a reasonably clear pattern (Moz, Ber, Sgt Pep, Deane) not Mozart anyway

Physics
    - Monochromatic light/resistivity of a wire Sect A (two of the big three exps and haven't come up in a good while esp the latter!!)
    - Heat exp? It's been a while

All conjecture, I know someone who writes the exams and the general guidelines for "predictions" is don't do them obviously, but if you're going to, don't look so much at "patterns" but at 1. what was answered terribly at OL, they then ask it at HL because they suspect the teachers aren't teaching it well (same for what was answered badly last year on HL) and 2. have a gander at the chief examiner's report if you were lucky enough to do a subject that got one last year, they're usually pretty indicative of what they'll ask again

Again, all conjecture, have a bit of cop on and don't leave yourself bare anywhere! best of luck to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 cookiecutter99

French (Hl & Ol)
    -something about terrorism. I think because of paris attack
    English(Hl)
    -john montague
    -thomas hardy
    Other subjects (Hl & Ol)
    i think they can ask about water charges in the oral and most subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Business: mergers/takeovers, the Consumer Protection Act

History: The Treaty? Surely..?

English: Theme/Issue. I'm thinking a P1 theme of equality/prejudice etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 cookiecutter99

hopefully everyones mocks will be done by now :) ...we can start predicting whats coming up now from the mocks paper but is this safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

hafsa_28 wrote: »
    hopefully everyones mocks will be done by now :) ...we can start predicting whats coming up now from the mocks paper but is this safe?

The mock papers don't have any relation to the actual papers. The companies that write the mocks often try to include topics that they feel are likely to come up on the real thing, but their predictions are as unreliable as anyone else's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Amortisation schedule for maths
    Hardy, Donne, Montague and ENC for English
    Viruses for Biology

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Classics
    Topic 2 - Gaugamela, Tyre, Gedrosian Desert,(HL)
    Topic 7 - Virgil, Ovid, Propertius (HL)
    Topic 9 - Simile of the Sea Captain, (HL) Education of the philosopher Ruler,

• Registered Users Posts: 1 beaniex3

English (HL): im thinking Ni C will come up and from what ive heard possibly john Montague and robert frost.
    Irish (OL): for prós im thinking dís and cáca milis as they always pair and last year saw Hurlamaboc and Oisín i dTír na nÓg, for poetry the only thing i know is that we will not get Géibheann because it appears to come up evrey second year and it was in the 2014 paper.
    thats all i know so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 litlcookie1997

Any predictions for LCVP exam wednesday? Desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

Chemistry: That clove oil experiment, but the benzoic acid preparation might be put on because it's new this year. But then again it might not be put on because it's new this year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Pacman96

Any geography and biology predictions? Thanks

Mod: see the threads for those subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Codswapple

Eoghan Jackson on youtube who predicts every yesr just put up an english one, biology, home ec and geography on his channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FoxScientist

Music: Berlioz probably for long question. As for the rest no idea :(
    Irish (OL): Dis, maybe Caca Milis but Gnathrud has never come up so I'd watch out for that!! An Tearrach Thiar is probably going to appear too...

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY 'Studying'

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Patsy6546

anyone buy anything from leavingcertpredictions.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

Patsy6546 wrote: »

My friend bought a biology one and it was just a few questions and them answered in very bad hand writing that she could barely read

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Patsy6546

gracew wrote: »
    My friend bought a biology one and it was just a few questions and them answered in very bad hand writing that she could barely read

So no actual predictions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

They more so have sample questions not really predictions, but i suppose the questions are hints to topics that will come up

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Pacman96

Its awfulj

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

For heaven's sake don't PAY for predictions, it's just a quick way of making money out of students' stress and fear. Whoever is running that site has no more idea than your teacher or anyone else what's coming up; less probably.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Those sort of sites are really low.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 leahdalton111

any predictions for higher level irish

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hulk_buster

anybody have anything for economics and DCG???

Advertisement