Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Heists - Now Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does anyone know if these have to be done in 1 run. These sound amazing but not sure of i could put aside 3 hours for a heist during the week or even weekend. I wonder could you, for example, do 3 of the set ups and log back in the following day to finish off the set ups and heist or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

I'd love to be GtaDev whatever number right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ronan, just the heist host puts up the entry cost, can make up for it by giving himself a higher cut. Plus host only gets money when heist is finished where everyone else gets their payout in segments after each setup mission.

Deselby, yeah i was hoping the same but it looks like you have to do it in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Tuesday log:
    06:00 wake up
    06:05 turn on ps4 update gta
    06:10 breakfast
    06:25 update complete
    06:28 unknown error
    06:29 retry
    06:30 unknown error please go back to gta v and try again later
    06:33 garda been called For man going crazy breaking up a ps4 and shouting obscenities and throwing punches into the air at a guy called rockstar...

06:36 man arrested
    06:40 Davey starts a Heist and every member of brd's crew get online no network error
    06:50 everyone happy
    07:00 bubbles gets word he overreacted
    07:10 ooooooh noooooooooooo
    07:11 utility
    07:15 shaddupp

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have a few friends with billions from the countless glitchs, heists will on them for the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

These heists sound class.

Im on XBOX One, GT: The Batman IRL

Level 49 only...

Was going to take the 11th off and play the heists, but will wait and hopefully play them all day long on Paddys day (when the initial bugs and server issues are gone hopefully).

How Heists Work:

Will add this to the 1st post as well.

When you are rank 12 or higher and own a high end apartment with Heist Room, Lester will give you a call to say you can set one up.

Once you accept you want to start a heist from that call, you get put into a lobby where you can invite friends, crew, randomers into the lobby with you.

The 1st heist is a tutorial for just 2 people. Then you unlock the heists in order as they have an intertwining story. Once you have all 5 heists completed, you can choose to play through anyone you like.

Heist Leader (HL) funds the heist (eg. 3rd heist costs 60k to start).

Each heist contains about 5 'Setup Jobs' where your team has to perform missions like Buy key codes, Secure vehicles, etc. The HL gets no money after any of these missions but they do get RP. The other team members get about 20k after each setup mission.

For the final mission in the Heist aka the actual heist, the HL can change the cut percentage. eg. if someone was playing crap or acting the fool, the HL can change their cut all the way down to 0% :O. They can also move their own cut up as far as 55% if they think they are super awesome.
    MpGCRquh.jpg

During the heist, if you have to stop playing for whatever reason, Only the HL's progress is saved. They can then jump back on at anytime and continue the heist where left off but need to invite same/different people into the point they left off at. Other team members progress will not be saved.

You can get bonuses like playing through a full heist in First Person, hard mode, etc. Playing through all 5 heists (about 8-10 hours long) on Hard Mode with no extra lives using the same 4 crew members gets you 10 million dollars as a bonus!

That's what we know so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    These heists sound class.

Im on XBOX One, GT: The Batman IRL

Level 49 only...

Was going to take the 11th off and play the heists, but will wait and hopefully play them all day long on Paddys day (when the initial bugs and server issues are gone hopefully).

I'll be online at some stage so we can team up with PeePee, you should get him to join the Boards Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

How pissed off would you be going for the 10 million and die after 7 hours haha.

Lads does anyone have that blue print map??? Remember I got one wit the original ps3 version wondering is there anything hidden on it???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It does save the progress under the leader so no worrying about not saving the progress after a few hours etc.

I think we could use this thread to establish teams or would it better to start them with whoever is online and then keep it to those four members for all the heists? That way we could all get the extra monies

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Any idea what time the update itself is released? I read that previous updates come out around 1 or 2 am GMT. It's reasonable to assume this update will be friggin' massive (a couple of GBs imo) and could take the guts of 2 hours to download, so I might just stay up till it gets released, kick it off and go to bed.

It would be quite annoying to wake up Tuesday excited for heists, then having to wait 2 hours or so before you can play them, like when you originally install the game on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

BONUS ROUND
    For the financially ambitious there are a few ways to increase the income from Heists in a major way. First off, each Heist has its own Elite Challenge which, upon completion, will yield a substantial cash bonus. These can be completed multiple times, but be warned: they're no cakewalk.

On top of that, there are Special Heist Completion bonuses that can only be achieved once per person, but will add some serious zeros to your bank balance. They are as follows:

First Time – Completing each Heist Finale for the first time, will net you a bonus cash reward
    All In Order Challenge – Complete all Heists in order, including Setups, to receive a $1,000,000 cash bonus
    Loyalty Challenge – Complete all Heists, including Setups, with the same team of players to receive an additional $1,000,000 bonus
    Criminal Mastermind Challenge – Complete all Heists, in order, with the same group of players, without losing any lives, to receive a massive $10,000,000 bonus
    The one-off bonus challenges are linked to in game awards. You can monitor your award progress via the Stats > Awards tab in the Pause Menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

So what would people's best and worst skill in the game be? Might be a handy index for picking crew members for heists.

I'm personally pretty good as a pilot, and funnily enough a terrible driver of all other vehicles. I'm grand in slower cars but stick me in any super car and it turns into a game of bumper cars. I'm good at low flying and very rarely get shot down so I'll be taking advantage of those skills. Decent with guns too, fan of the assault rifle and sniper. Almost at level 90 so I'll have the heavy sniper by the time the update drops.

Good at driving and flying choppers and big aul planes, not great in fighter jets mind you! Not too bad at the aul shooting but could be better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I'm a fairly poor driver. I tend to win races against other folks but normally mess up against the crew members I regularly see online.

I'm a pretty good pilot but not in a jet. I'm really poor parachuting.
    I'm handy enough with a gun and I'm a very clever chap. My Mammy told me I was a very handsome young man too if that counts for anything.

I own a Tank and a Buzzard, the Buzzard always comes in handy on missions.

Trophies achievements released.

Ek5RMuO.png

I could feel a lil dribble in my pants... Can't wait...

Can't really say what I'm good at to be honest, I don't take compare myself really. I just play the game and all the rest happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

JDM Jack wrote:
    Can't really say what I'm good at to be honest, I don't take compare myself really. I just play the game and all the rest happens.

I'm not sticking you on my team so. I'd be afraid of what rest would happen.

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I'm not sticking you on my team so. I'd be afraid of what rest would happen.

You'll be the one missing out then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

From my research, us 360 users are going to struggle to get boards only heists....

Yaaaaay heists are coming
    Noooooo I've nobody to do heists with
    :):):)

djflawless wrote: »
    From my research, us 360 users are going to struggle to get boards only heists....

Yaaaaay heists are coming
    Noooooo I've nobody to do heists with
    :):):)

It's just difficult getting people all on at the same time. Two hours fly by in the game as well so once everybody's in it should be fine, without disconnections that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Yeah its fare award with these frequent disconnects
    Defo agreed with 2 hours flying by...anyone know if there's a pit stop like system or intermission in the heists for piss/smoke/refueling of alcohol issues??

After each setup mission, there's a cooldown period of about 10 minutes where the leader waits for a call about the next mission. Also, the leader can delay it and start whenever everyone is ready or can arrange to continue a different time.

Someone on gta forums posted a pic showing the heist update was live for them and its 4.8gb to download. Not sure if real or not but it is an extra 15-18 hours of content so maybe true.

and my internet speeds are shocking even when wired to the extender :(

• Advertisement

It's a great day to have wired 120MB broadband. :D

Advertisement