Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Thatch v Henderson

Options
  • 13-02-2015 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

Main Card
    Brandon Thatch v Benson Henderson
    Max Holloway v Cole Miller
    Neil Magney v Kiichi Kunimoto
    Dan Kelly v Patrick Walsh
    Michael Prazeres v Kevin Lee
    Ray Borg v Chris Kelades

Prelims
    Nik Lentz v Levan Makashvili
    Efrain Escudero v Rodrigo De Lima
    Chas Skelly v Jim Alers
    Zach Makovsky v Tim Elliot

Fightpass Prelim

James Moontasri v Cody Pfister
    Fairly weak card but a few good fights to look forward too. I'm keen to see Chris Kelades again after he beat Paddy Holohan and think he'll do better then the odds suggest, huge underdog but think it has the potential to be a great fight. Max Holloway is a huge talent and I can see him getting an early finish against Cole Miller.

I love watching Brandon Thatch, Really has the potential to be a Champion at 170. His first round finish streak may finish on Saturday night but I think he'll beat Henderson with a late finish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Weigh Ins tonight (13th Feb) at 11pm our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Nik Lentz out with the flu. Fight is scrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Plenty of weight issues tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Did that Brazilian fella drop nearly two pounds just by dropping his jocks? :D

Patrick Walsh was pissed off at Dan Kelly for not making weight! Couple of intense staredowns aswell, potential to be a great night of fights tbh. Really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Just seen the weigh ins, the size difference between Thatch and Henderson is waaaay too big for it not to be significant. It looks like what it is - 2 guys in different weight classes fighting. Bendo better defend that body kick better than he did against Pettis.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,138 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Patrick Walsh was pissed off at Dan Kelly for not making weight.
    Other way around. Patrick Walsh missed by 5lbs and waived his option to try and lose it in 2hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Henderson is going to sleep in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Slightly better drug testing (and not close to good enough), Nick Lentz got the flu on the day of weigh in hmm. The flu is pretty rough, usually feel it coming on hmmm again

I enjoy a cycle on a Sunday but miss timed my last one hmm. Anyone else cycle the canals, I've to do with the bow river at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 39,138 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Fromvert wrote: »
    Slightly better drug testing (and not close to good enough), Nick Lentz got the flu on the day of weigh in hmm. The flu is pretty rough, usually feel it coming on hmmm again

I enjoy a cycle on a Sunday but miss timed my last one hmm. Anyone else cycle the canals, I've to do with the bow river at the moment
    Cutting weight is pretty harsh on your body. It's not really outrageous to imagine it running his immune system down.

You "suggestion" is obviously not impossible. But I'd think he'd have known earlier if he mis-timed something. But maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Bit silly to suggest he pulled out due to fear of positive test. He always knew he wouod be tested fight night and afaik they havent upped the fight night tests its just they are catching guys out of competition which they didn't test in the past. Also im sure an independent doctor pulled him and he would have seen a high temp symptoms of the flu not just going on the fighters word.

The prefight show with Bisping and Cruz was enjoyable. Bisping is funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Impressive performance from Moontasri, Fond the flying knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

That was a pretty rough illegal knee!

That was a pretty rough illegal knee!

Ref said he was going to stop it anyway. Def illegal though, but in fairness he wasn't grounded when he started to throw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

1 minute into the fight and it has become crystal clear that De Lima's striking is absolutely horrible. . . .

Ref said he was going to stop it anyway. Def illegal though, but in fairness he wasn't grounded when he started to throw it.

Seems like a bit of a cop out from the ref tho. He was done before the knee but it's the refs job to be on top of it.

callaway92 wrote: »
    1 minute into the fight and it has become crystal clear that De Lima's striking is absolutely horrible. . . .

Escudero crushing him here. 20-18 so far

Making efrain look like marquez

• Advertisement

Ya Escudero is genuinely one of the worst 155lbers on the roster and is making minced meat of him. Awful fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SeanFrank

Borg looked very good. Awesome top game.

SeanFrank wrote: »
    Borg looked very good. Awesome top game.

Agreed looked very very good. Would love to see him against either Uncle Creepy or Joesph Benividez

Love how they use the UFC Dublin crowd going nuts after McGregor won in the UFC184 promo. Good times

Not sure if anyone noticed, and my word it's a weird one, but the scream that "Cat Zingano" does in the ad promos for her upcoming fight with Ronda Rousey are actually soundbites from Paige the WWE Wrestler.

nerd_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

darced wrote: »

haha I know.

It's just one of those things I notice straight away.

Not sure if anyone noticed, and my word it's a weird one, but the scream that "Cat Zingano" does in the ad promos for her upcoming fight with Ronda Rousey are actually soundbites from Paige the WWE Wrestler.

nerd_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

How do you know?

How do you know?

I just do.

• Advertisement

Advertisement