Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site behind Tesco in Oranmore (Aldi)

Options
  • 08-08-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if it's true that Aldi are going there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

gifted wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's true that Aldi are going there?

Heard the same alright. Might be worth checking the planning website in the morning to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Yeah they are supposedly.

Also in a month or two an Evergreen healthfood shop will be opening up in the unit beside Tescos main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭finlma

They're working on the site at the moment but not sure what's going in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

finlma wrote: »
    They're working on the site at the moment but not sure what's going in there.

It's an Aldi. Finally

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/cutprice-aldi-pays-topnotch-salaries-30294690.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭gifted

D Trent wrote: »

Great news, at last, thanks for posting .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Curious, anyone know if this ever went ahead in Oranmore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

lampsie wrote: »
    Curious, anyone know if this ever went ahead in Oranmore?

Yes its being built

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭finlma

Almost finished. In the space of 5 years Oranmore will have gone from 1 supermarket (Supervalu) to 4 (Supervalu, Tesco, Lidl and Aldi)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's opening this month, the building is pretty much completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Yes it's definitely aldi, looking forward to there ale selection, far better than lidl IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

cant wait to pass by tesco,they are far to pricey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

was only in oranmore once. must say was a nice town. would be nice to retire in id say. near the sea as well

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭diarmo06

By any chance, does anybody know anything about jobs going there?

diarmo06 wrote: »
    By any chance, does anybody know anything about jobs going there?

dont have a clue but going by the state of the country youd have a better chance of winning the lotto.

they will probably have 4000 applications id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

Roquentin wrote: »
    dont have a clue but going by the state of the country youd have a better chance of winning the lotto.

they will probably have 4000 applications id say

??

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    ??

??.......................................?.......??

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Dell2009

Any idea when Aldi in Oranmore is opening? I heard it was supposed to open in November but that never happened. They appear to be landscaping entrance at the moment so I assume it will be soon. Any one know anything more?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

Yo,

I was just @ Tesco in Oranmore today and I did not see any signs of any Aldi there (perhaps I did not look well 'nuff) - it there really an Aldi being opened there and is it as close as I read with entrance landscaping etc.
    E.g where is this entrance etc. ??

Cheers,
    Stone

Stone wrote: »
    Yo,

I was just @ Tesco in Oranmore today and I did not see any signs of any Aldi there (perhaps I did not look well 'nuff) - it there really an Aldi being opened there and is it as close as I read with entrance landscaping etc.
    E.g where is this entrance etc. ??

Cheers,
    Stone
    Yeah it's 95% per cent complete there will be access from near the castle/subway as well as existing tesco entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 20 3rdforum

Anybody know the actual date of opening. I think it was originally meant to be in November.

• Advertisement

Tesco may aswell shut their doors and keep them shut when Aldi opens..lidl might get hit too cos its not to far away from there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

blond45 wrote: »
    Tesco may aswell shut their doors and keep them shut when Aldi opens..lidl might get hit too cos its not to far away from there..

I think Lidl will take the biggest hit. I'm more likely to shop in Tesco when Aldi opens (and never shop in Lidl). I'll park outside Aldi and do my "main" shop at Aldi. Whatever branded stuff I can't get it Aldi, I'll nip into Tesco for it.

I think Lidl will take the biggest hit. I'm more likely to shop in Tesco when Aldi opens (and never shop in Lidl). I'll park outside Aldi and do my "main" shop at Aldi. Whatever branded stuff I can't get it Aldi, I'll nip into Tesco for it.
    and you,ll nip into tesco with an ALDI bag:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 3rdforum

Think it will be another 3 or 4 weeks yet. Saw some flooring contractors go in this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Why, Tesco on Headford Road is opposite an ALDI and still trading?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

and you,ll nip into tesco with an ALDI bag:D

Other way around, Tesco bags are more durable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    Somebody should make 'Boards.ie'® canvas bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mightymarty

Been sending out emails to Aldi asking where to apply for the job and all they tell me is to look it up on their website but there's nothing there...

Been sending out emails to Aldi asking where to apply for the job and all they tell me is to look it up on their website but there's nothing there...
    It's a separate website;
    http://www.careers.aldirecruitment.ie/how-to-apply/index.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Opening at the end of March, apparently (source: my neighbour who works in Aldi Headford road) :)

Advertisement