Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

From my understanding there is to be a clearance on Games and DVDs, it wont be as big as the previous ones for the reasons above.

Probably more DVDs than games

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Most stores don't do older games anymore that I have been in in Dublin, the larger stores still have a lot of stock left likes of Clearwater, Clarehall have loads of crap that wasn't reduced. Santry also had quite a few, there has been a small buy one get one free sale on non chart games €10 or under for the last few weeks, some gouger on adverts managed to get two Wiis for €50 and is currently selling them at €80 each.

I don't like to post about these deals here as it leads to a wild goose chase for stuff that largely won't be available and last year/the start of this year kind of made me sick to see 25 fire emblem games in CeX in Santry knowing someone had bought them for €5 each and sold them for €30 cash. Or the gougers selling Metroid Prime Trilogy and The Last Story for €80 and €50 each on Adverts after getting them at €5 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

Most stores don't do older games anymore that I have been in in Dublin, the larger stores still have a lot of stock left likes of Clearwater, Clarehall have loads of crap that wasn't reduced. Santry also had quite a few, there has been a small buy one get one free sale on non chart games €10 or under for the last few weeks, some gouger on adverts managed to get two Wiis for €50 and is currently selling them at €80 each.

I don't like to post about these deals here as it leads to a wild goose chase for stuff that largely won't be available and last year/the start of this year kind of made me sick to see 25 fire emblem games in CeX in Santry knowing someone had bought them for €5 each and sold them for €30 cash. Or the gougers selling Metroid Prime Trilogy and The Last Story for €80 and €50 each on Adverts after getting them at €5 each.

There will always be opportunists that are going to pick up bargains with a view to flipping them at a profit but at least with this thread it gave people a chance to check out their local stores with a view to nabbing themselves a few bargains for personal use.

I managed to get two nieces an Ipod Nano for €25 each and two nephews copies of Skyward Sword for the Wii for €5 each. So I was delighted (as were the kids)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gripcasey

Samsung Tab 2 & Samsung note 10.1 Protective Cover's are down to €3.36 In Tesco's Balbriggan. They are the good click in type.
    There also Red Linx Protective Cover's for the same tablet's they are the elasticated corner type. They fit most 10.1 tablets fitted my Ainol Hero 10.1 great and only €1.68 Bargain. Good few left of both types in Tesco's Balbriggan

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gripcasey

Samsung Tab 2 & Samsung note 10.1 Protective Cover's are down to €3.36 In Tesco's Balbriggan. They are the good click in type.
    There also Red Linx Protective Cover's for the same tablet's they are the elasticated corner type. They fit most 10.1 tablets fitted my Ainol Hero 10.1 great and only €1.68 Bargain. Good few left of both types in Tesco's Balbriggan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I don't get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

for those who may have missed the first post in this thread :
    Originally Posted by witnessmenow View Post

So from here on in, unless your post is:

1) A bargain (e.g saw X was €5 in Athlone)

2) Update on the stock/price/location of a bargain (e.g. X was scanning at €10 in Galway, no X in Nenagh, still in Athlone behind the counter)

3) An alternative place to buy (e.g X is only €4 in Argos)

Then no posting, 1 week ban if your post does not meet above criteria. (PM me if you think there is a valid post type I have missed please)

in crescent shopping centre limerick today :

Tesco TV stand (32" wood and chrome, blue box) - €3.43 or thereabouts
    Karcher VW60 window vacuum washer (kit version) - labeled @ €110 and scanning at €66
    Silent Night Fabreze Lavender Mattress protectors were €17.50 now €4.37
    variety of duvets and pillows at half price
    Ricoh black and white laser printer €39

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

EZ-Vac clothes packing bags are priced at €7 and scanning at €5, makes them cheaper than Heatons in volume terms - if you've got a hell of a lot of clothes or bedclothes you need to shove in a small space.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭roxybargains

In Tesco Naas picked up Skylanders swap force single figures for 3 euro and larger type for 6 also got two triple packs at 9 euro each.

Nerf Rebelle bow and arrow set for 9 reduced from 19 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

L1011 wrote: »
    EZ-Vac clothes packing bags are priced at €7 and scanning at €5, makes them cheaper than Heatons in volume terms - if you've got a hell of a lot of clothes or bedclothes you need to shove in a small space.

I'm pretty sure, but the same one's were in L'kenny branch in Spring for €1.27 down from a €5, very handy, although keenly mispriced :D

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Head and shoulders endurance, showing as €3.58 on SEL, scanned through at €1.79. Saw in park pointe, bought the 4 bottles on shelf. Basically 4 bottles for the price of one from boots

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

swampy353 wrote: »
    Head and shoulders endurance, showing as €3.58 on SEL, scanned through at €1.79. Saw in park pointe, bought the 4 bottles on shelf. Basically 4 bottles for the price of one from boots

Thanks swampy, hope your user name is no reflection on your hair condition!

The big one, 500ml is scanning at the 4 euro something mark in balbriggan.

But the small head and shoulders "hair endurance" shampoo 250ml, barcode 5410076498727 is scanning at €1.04, I think it might be old stock as there was only one, possibly for the best as I could currently run a small Boots franchise from my hot press.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Sorry, double post, please delete. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Thanks swampy, hope your user name is no reflection on your hair condition!

The big one, 500ml is scanning at the 4 euro something mark in balbriggan.

But the small head and shoulders "hair endurance" shampoo 250ml, barcode 5410076498727 is scanning at €1.04, I think it might be old stock as there was only one, possibly for the best as I could currently run a small Boots franchise from my hot press.

Could say the same bout your name too 😀
    The ones I picked up were 500ml. Barcode 5410076498963

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I bought a samsung tab 4 the 10" one for 209 euro in Tesco this evening.
    I think the small one was 119

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

iTunes vouchers were 20% off tonight in Drogheda. No signs up saying there was a reduction or saying when it finishes. Only found out when I went to the checkout.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I met Dominic West and got a picture with him. Bargain.

10888900_10204018553358390_6554315851526455272_n.jpg?oh=3547d9c0f2995cce60208d3c36d49076&oe=55391C54&__gda__=1428959233_23e79cbd7dc18a3796d41ef4e7695a17

Very nice guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

^ How much was he reduced by ? Is he in all stores ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Speak Now

MarkR wrote: »
    I met Dominic West and got a picture with him. Bargain.

10888900_10204018553358390_6554315851526455272_n.jpg?oh=3547d9c0f2995cce60208d3c36d49076&oe=55391C54&__gda__=1428959233_23e79cbd7dc18a3796d41ef4e7695a17

Very nice guy.

Who's who :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Who's who :)

Who's Domnic West....does he work in the canning factory for his dad John?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hope you told him off for playing Cromwell, you look like the one being stalked, he looks pleased to be in your photo.

Obligatory bargain post time, 8 pack of Red Bull for €8 in tesco clearwater finglas only full sugar version available, it is an actual 8 pack rather than two 4 packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭cena

That's the guy from the wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

"water for elephants" Blu-ray priced at €3.99 in Drogheda store, there were a few copies there, the DVD version priced at €5.00 so it looks like a good buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Batman Boxset (Includes Batman (1989), Batman Returns (1992), Batman Forever (1995), and Batman & Robin (1997)) for €3 in Ballincollig, only one left on the shelf yesterday. Think it should be in most stores though.

MarkR wrote: »
    I met Dominic West and got a picture with him. Bargain. Very nice guy.

Was that out in Coonagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dvds reduced to €8

Mrs Brown
    Godzilla
    The Other Woman
    Peabody and Sherman
    Lego Movie
    How to train your dragon 2
    X-men days of future past

Probably more I didn't notice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Was that out in Coonagh?

Yep. In Coonagh. I believe he has family in Glin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement