Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

With the last regular season games set to play out tomorrow and Monday (and my boredom) figured I'd do a playoff picture.

New Ireland Patriots

All but guaranteed first seed. With a massive total points scored I'd would take more than a minor miracle for New Ireland Patriots to be toppled. Any of the current 3 8-4 teams can finish with the same record if PATS were to lose this game week, however, the minimum points swing would need to be 177 points.

Dublin Jets

Win

The U lose

A win with 10.5 or more points less than a winning Aille Cows guarantees them 4th seed

A win with 10.5 or more points less than a winning Aille Cows but scoring 1.5 points more than a winning Bear down sees them getting 3rd seed.

A loss (and The U win) but scoring no fewer than 10 points than a loosing Aille Cows or scoring 1.5 more than Bear Down will guarantee them 4th seed.

Bear Down
    A win scoring no fewer than 12 points than a winning Aille Cows guarantees 3rd seed

The U lose

A loss scoring fewer than 12 points of a loosing Aille Cows or 1 point than a loosing Dublin Jets (if COWS or The U win) will guarantee playoffs

Aille Cows

A win scoring 10.5 more points than Dublin Jets guarantees 2nd seed.

A win guarantees playoffs

A loss and The U win but outscoring Beardown by 12.5 or Dublin Jets by 10 points

The U
    A win and either Aille Cows, Bear Down or Dublin Jets lose

A win and both Aille Cows and Dublin Jets lose secures 2nd seed

If I made any errors let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Good summary there. Will be watching it closesly over the evening in the hope I sneak in but I think I may just miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Luck isn't on Aille Cows side it seems.

Ha scoring 140+ points shoulda done it but your D in particular had a great game.

Not giving up hope yet. Dublin Jets are loosing (by 4) at the moment and I guess Ba Baas have an outside chance of getting there so all is not quite lost yet. I have put up the points at least.

Yeah, was not expecting points like that from them. We are facing off in Div 4 relegation battle too :D

• Advertisement

bottom 4 go down right? pretty sure I'm safe anyway so wasn't paying attention but I think a similar thing happened there did it? your guys just showed up on the day

Yeah, I think so. It's late so I might be wrong but it looks like 7 teams will finish with 6-7 records if scores stay as now? Not sure how that gets sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

gufc21 wrote: »
    bottom 4 go down right?

huh ? :confused:

on for my best scoring week of the season but may not win. Would have been nice to get back to back wins for the first time all year but will be tight.

Tristram wrote: »
    Yeah, I think so. It's late so I might be wrong but it looks like 7 teams will finish with 6-7 records if scores stay as now? Not sure how that gets sorted out.

Ah shoot, didn't bank on all 4 5-7 teams winning. I could be going down so on points.
    D3PO wrote: »
    huh ? :confused:

on for my best scoring week of the season but may not win. Would have been nice to get back to back wins for the first time all year but will be tight.

The boards fantasy league, 4 teams relegated.

Ah shoot, didn't bank on all 4 5-7 teams winning. I could be going down so on points.

The boards fantasy league, 4 teams relegated.

I hope you get them too :)

you confused me talking about relegation in a thread about dynasty where there is no relegation ;)

• Advertisement

ha ya, was responding to a post by tristram... god keep up :p

ha ya, was responding to a post by tristram... god keep up :p

my eyes are square from too much football watching :P

Ha tell me about it... this week has been insane!! I love Thanksgiving week nearly as much as clocks change week. Hopefully Jets can make a game of it tomorrow so we have a week full of good games

Ha tell me about it... this week has been insane!! I love Thanksgiving week nearly as much as clocks change week. Hopefully Jets can make a game of it tomorrow so we have a week full of good games

throw in Friday and yesterdays college ball ive hardly got off the Sofa since 5pm Thursday !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Good work gufc.

Must say am surprised at my own good fortune this year, thought this would be a rebuilding year and couldn't turn it around this quickly in Dynasty. I was awful last year.

A few things went in my favour this year (so far anyway, touch wood).
    Couple of pre-season trades really improved my team, getting Matt Forte and Jeremy Maclin. Forte staying healthy was massive for me as am still shallow at RB
    Antonio Gates bounced back.
    Andrew Luck's evolution into the no.1 fantasy QB and the connection with TY Hilton

My DP's have been pretty solid all year too thankfully.

Just goes to show how quickly things can turn in this game. Even after good regular season, I could be out on my ear in the playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Playoff picture still undecided going into the last game tonight

New Ireland Patriots won and wrapped up the number one seed

The U also won and by virtue of Aille Cows loss jump ahead of them and grab a playoff spot.

Aille Cows lost but put up a lot of points so are still in the mix to grab a playoff spot if either Bear Down or Dublin Jets lose

Bear Down are currently 18pts up against Baa Baas with David Harris and Sheldon Richardson to play for the Baa Baas. A win for Bear Down will put them in the playoffs. A loss and they will be reliant on Dublin Jets losing and not exceeding 123.5pts

Dublin Jets are currently losing 106-111 to Eagle Eye. The Jets have Cameron Wake and Caleb Sturgis to play while Eagle Eye have Mike Wallace. A win for the Jets and they are in. A loss and they will need to get higher than 123.5pts and also need Bear Down to lose.

Lots to play for. I think i just lost out on the Keeper league playoffs on points scored, i do not want to lose out on these playoffs on points scored too.

Good luck everyone

Feeling a lot better about my chances in the playoffs now with my RB's fit and Brees firing this weekend on the road. He has the Panther and Bears next and both are pretty terrible at stopping the pass.

Will be interesting to see who fills the seeds after tonight's games.

Playoffs are set

#1 New Ireland Patriots v #4 The U
    #2 Dublin Jets v #3 Bear Down

Games are over 2 weeks (wk14/15)

Good luck all

There is a consolation ladder but that will have no bearing on draft position

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Playoffs are set

#1 New Ireland Patriots v #4 The U

Dammit Drew Brees will come back to haunt me!

There is a consolation ladder but that will have no bearing on draft position

Nice to finish the season with back to back wins to go to 5-8.

Was always going to be a struggle having taken over a 1-12 team so have to see that as decent progress.

Spongey assume draft position for those in the consolation bracket is based on record and where same record tie breaker is head to head ?

• Advertisement

Dammit Drew Brees will come back to haunt me!

Lets hope so! :pac:

Just to clarify that means the New Ireland Patriots receive my first round pick in 2015.

D3PO wrote: »
    Nice to finish the season with back to back wins to go to 5-8.

Was always going to be a struggle having taken over a 1-12 team so have to see that as decent progress.

Spongey assume draft position for those in the consolation bracket is based on record and where same record tie breaker is head to head ?

I have always used the reverse order of the seeds in the consolation ladder which is based on record first and tiebreaker used is total points

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vivab13

Was a great matchup and delighted to get the win and into the playoffs - my opposition had much more consistent team but DeAndre Hopkins and Rodgers saved me with huge performances (Gore, Graham, Ellington all close to 0 )

:(

Sorry gufc. My team waited til the last few weeks to come alive it seems.

Tristram wrote: »
    Sorry gufc. My team waited til the last few weeks to come alive it seems.

Ah not to worry. Revenge was gotten (some how) in boards league.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,556 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hard to believe that the winner of the east scored a grand total of 1605 points with 1554.5 against and is 9-4 while I scored 1614 points and have 1589 against and end up 5-8. Its a very tight league overall which is good and makes it more interesting.

Looking forward to next year and hopefully all the players I gambled on holding onto become starters.

Tonight has been an absolute disaster for me in my matchup. Brees hasn't even got a point on the board yet, Foster has a ton of yards but they give it to Alfred Blue on the 1 yard line for a TD, Steve Smith and Charles Johnson putting up big scores.. but they're on my bench.

So all I need is Drew Brees to score 65 points and Matt Forte to injure himself running onto the field and I'm sorted.

Basically.. til next year lads! :pac:

• Advertisement

Obviously the season ends on sunday. What do people want to do with waivers between the end of the season and the rookie draft. Not sure when ESPN will shut down the 2014 site and reopen the 2015 site. We usually keep waivers open til the 2014 site shuts down but not sure how many people actually use them.

Also if people have any suggestions for rule changes lets get them posted so we can discuss them

Advertisement