Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Quick question -

Was it Tesco I saw the ham pots for €20 - €25 ?
    €25. This item:
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=285980670

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

hoodwinked wrote: »
    scanning at the same price (€12) in Wilton!

got a huge box of thornton's chocolates for €6.49 (half price), the smaller box was next to them on the shelf for €7.

Got a few of those last year, went for the Dairy Box €9.49 this year, they look the biz, bought a fair few of them for clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Lads regarding the aldi/lidl voucher can you Defo use them for buying a tesco voucher or does it depend on the cashier

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I got a receipt with my shopping . 5 cent per litre off Tesco fuel at Tesco filling stations up to 100 litres. Is this any good compared to the cheapest deal elsewhere ?

Depends entirely on where you buy your diesel.
    I used a Tesco 10c a litre off voucher in Esso in Palmerstown yesterday evening- and got 58 litres at 116.9c a litre- which I consider to be quite remarkable (its 126.9c/litre otherwise). It really is the case that you need to shop around and plan ahead. Tesco Maynooth (where I got the 10c a litre voucher in the first instance)- is currently charging 134.9c/litre for diesel- which has to be up there with the crappest price for diesel in the country). If you know you're going to Dublin (or elsewhere)- use pumps.ie to price the fuel on your route- and you will save a few shekels. I saved over a fiver on the discounted Tesco price- for a journey I had to take anyway- so happy days. If you're deliberately driving out of your way to get cheaper fuel- it may not be worth it though.........

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I used a Tesco 10c a litre off voucher in Esso in Palmerstown yesterday evening- and got 58 litres at 116.9c a litre- which I consider to be quite remarkable (its 126.9c/litre otherwise). It really is the case that you need to shop around and plan ahead. Tesco Maynooth (where I got the 10c a litre voucher in the first instance)- is currently charging 134.9c/litre for diesel- which has to be up there with the crappest price for diesel in the country). If you know you're going to Dublin (or elsewhere)- use pumps.ie to price the fuel on your route- and you will save a few shekels. I saved over a fiver on the discounted Tesco price- for a journey I had to take anyway- so happy days. If you're deliberately driving out of your way to get cheaper fuel- it may not be worth it though.........
    I'd change that buying fuel based on just price alone may not be worth it. Make sure to buy from a trustworthy garage as a trip to mechanic with engine trouble will cost much more than saving cents on a fill up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

adam88 wrote: »
    Lads regarding the aldi/lidl voucher can you Defo use them for buying a tesco voucher or does it depend on the cashier

One member here posted that he purchased tesco voucher and got the aldi/lidl coupon honoured. But, for me, I was not allowed for the same; I also mention that the person in the counter was a senior member and well aware of these things (at least I guess by the way I judged).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I just went to my local tesco, got 15euro worth of groceries I needed.

Before the young fella at the checkout started to scan, I asked him for two 50euro vouchers.

He put them thru first and then scanned the rest of my shop.

So when it came to 115 I gave him my aldi voucher. Accepted no problem.

I don't really like shopping in tesco but I end up spending around 20 a week there, I do the rest in aldi.

Thanks to whoever posted about getting gift vouchers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

My 5 cent of per litre voucher doesnt seem worth it for me . My city centre starting point might not be that relevant but Tesco stations seem to be much more than 5 cent dearer than the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Aldi should give out some 50c off, per litre of petrol in their petrol stations, and then sit back and watch as Tesco collapses from accepting the vouchers :D

Quazzie wrote: »
    Aldi should give out some 50c off, per litre of petrol in their petrol stations, and then sit back and watch as Tesco collapses from accepting the vouchers :D

A) Tesco do not accept competitor's vouchers for fuel purchases.
    B) Aldi (and Lidl) don't have any petrol stations- so its moot.
    C) The lot of them would end up in court with the ASA and the Competition Authority- if they tried this lark- purely on the basis of unavailability (as in- complete and utter unavailability- you cannot advertise something that is unavailable).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

C) The lot of them would end up in court with the ASA and the Competition Authority- if they tried this lark- purely on the basis of unavailability (as in- complete and utter unavailability- you cannot advertise something that is unavailable).
    No way sherlock

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

A Jazuz man, he was only pulling the p1$$

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

Lavazza Qualita Rossa Ground Coffee 250G .. €3.00

864%5C8000070036864%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I just bought 12 bottles of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc for €91.60. They are €14 each but available on the 6 bottles for €50 offer. Then you also get 5% off the full price for buying 6 bottles or more.

So it was €14 x 12 bottles = €168. Less €9.40 = €91.60.:D

slave1 wrote: »
    A Jazuz man, he was only pulling the p1$$

You'd be seriously pissed off if you worked in the petrol station and had 10-15 people an hour trying to use competitor tokens, and a queue of customers out the door, trying to pay....... This afternoon- one of the staff in Maynooth was actually in tears over the aggressive confrontation with one customer because she wasn't able to take the coupons. It really isn't funny. Its spelt out clearly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 niamhdeego

Got Buzz Brain of the world for Psp in Tesco extra naas for €1.00 also it's not marked but on bottom of receipt says bogof.... So 2 games for €1

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

McVities Victoria 700g double sized box of biscuits reduced from 12 euro to 5 euro 95,tesco omni park shopping centre.Bought a box for some munchies on christmas evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Esso are accepting tesco vouchers on price per litre off? only palmerstown? or esso everywhere? as esso seems to be the cheapest and I use them and have tesco per litre money off vouchers, this could come in handy.
    Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I just went to my local tesco, got 15euro worth of groceries I needed.

Before the young fella at the checkout started to scan, I asked him for two 50euro vouchers.

He put them thru first and then scanned the rest of my shop.

So when it came to 115 I gave him my aldi voucher. Accepted no problem.

I don't really like shopping in tesco but I end up spending around 20 a week there, I do the rest in aldi.

Thanks to whoever posted about getting gift vouchers :)

you mean 115?
    how did you get two 50 euro vouchers? on what basis? they just giving them out if you spend more than a certain value? what do you have to do/spend to get them, Lucan probably wont be doing that, although they seem to be upping their game on the customer service, I think something happened here as I saw someone doing a survey about it and the staff seem to have done an about face on being helpful, which they werrent very before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭guil

Quick question -

Was it Tesco I saw the ham pots for €20 - €25 ?
    Dunnes have them for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I think he means he bought two gift vouchers/gift cards. The list of essos that accept them is on the tesco website. There's a small few non tesco stations that take them. They can be funny about taking the vouchers you get from online shopping

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

cerastes wrote: »
    Esso are accepting tesco vouchers on price per litre off? only palmerstown? or esso everywhere? as esso seems to be the cheapest and I use them and have tesco per litre money off vouchers, this could come in handy.

you mean 115?
    how did you get two 50 euro vouchers? on what basis? they just giving them out if you spend more than a certain value? what do you have to do/spend to get them, Lucan probably wont be doing that, although they seem to be upping their game on the customer service, I think something happened here as I saw someone doing a survey about it and the staff seem to have done an about face on being helpful, which they werrent very before.

I bought €15 worth of groceries + €50 tesco gift voucher + €50 tesco gift voucher =€115

Used my €20 off a €100 shop aldi coupon, so total to pay was €95.

Sorry if I didnt explain it right :)

You never get discount off when buying gift vouchers anywhere, so I was lucky they accepted my aldi money off coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

There are other stations as not everywhere has got tesco stations
    http://www.tesco.ie/petrol/

I just realised you said you used the 10c off per litre voucher in Esso.

I thought you could only use them at Tesco branded filing stations ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 niamhdeego

I bought iTunes gift cards in Tesco today. No problem using my Aldi voucher

Its not all Essos- its selected service stations where Tesco don't have their own. You are right about their prices- they tend to be very competitive on a local basis- with a few outstanding examples- such as the Esso on the South Quays on the way out of Dublin- which can be up to 5-6c a litre cheaper than competitors. Most Tescos that don't have their own filling stations- will have banners outside them, advising which of the local stations take their fuel vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

guil wrote: »
    Dunnes have them for €20.

And Heatons have them for €15 :)

http://www.heatonsstores.com/home-living/kitchen/pots-pans?p=2

I just realised you said you used the 10c off per litre voucher in Esso.

I thought you could only use them at Tesco branded filing stations ?

Sorry just reading this again- absolutely no issue using the 10c a litre off vouchers in Esso stations that are accepting Tesco fuel vouchers.

Wish they'd give the volume of the pot- as well as the diameter of it- what good is knowing its a 28cm diameter- if its only 10cm deep........?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Sorry just reading this again- absolutely no issue using the 10c a litre off vouchers in Esso stations that are accepting Tesco fuel vouchers.

All esso or just the ones listed?

• Advertisement

by voucher , I mean the ''receipt'' printed out during other purchases. I can use these in Esso ? I never knew. it hasnt been publicised on the voucher or receipt itself...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement