Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game-week 17 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

O so many changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

spock. wrote: »
    Need to get Downing in. A blank from Siggy tomorrow and he's gone.

Chelsea and Arsenal in two of their next three games. Then they have Everton and Swansea away. Tough few weeks ahead for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hazard in. Not sure who's out but Hazard is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Need to get Dzeko out

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Interesting that not a single game went over 2.5 goals so far today. Wonder what the odds were an an under 2.5 goal acca on all 3 o'clock kick offs.

May or may not be related to the busy schedule coming up.

Oops, wrong thread.

Dzeko for Jovetic it looks like, that will free up some funds to bolster the back line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Okay so I can afford pretty much anyone in for Chadli. Downing is an option but apart from that no one is really jumping out at me. My front 8 is currently:
    Boyd, Siggy, Chadli, Sanchez, Hazard,
    Costa, Bony, Austin.

Anyone got any suggestions? I was looking at Yaya but I dunno if he's worth 10.8m.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Arbitrary wrote: »
    Interesting that not a single game went over 2.5 goals so far today. Wonder what the odds were an an under 2.5 goal acca on all 3 o'clock kick offs.

May or may not be related to the busy schedule coming up.

Oops, wrong thread.

Dzeko for Jovetic it looks like, that will free up some funds to bolster the back line.

Would have been pretty big I was looking at Chelsea and City matches before hand and that worked out bigger than 9/2 for both to be <2.5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Jovetic might turn into a serious option if Dzeko is out for a few weeks. He seems to have been rested today as a precaution so should be fine for next weekend.

Pelegrini mentioned that his 3 strikers could be out for a month. I guess it is too early to tell, but if that is the case then City look a lot less attractive.
    With Edin Dzeko, it's very unlucky. We must see. Maybe we are going to be without the three strikers for at least one month.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Pelegrini mentioned that his 3 strikers could be out for a month. I guess it is too early to tell, but if that is the case then City look a lot less attractive.

Yaya or Silva will be pushed up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Lemlin wrote: »
    Yaya or Silva will be pushed up though.

On current form I could see Lampard played in a lone striker role. Game changer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Super Georgie Boyd is on 4 yellows now I think. Not ideal to be balancing with all the games coming up now

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

As long as nothing unexpected happens I'll be ditching tadic. Apart from that 23 pointer when they won 8-0, he's done little of note and today is the last straw!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,504 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Full quote from MP http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/December/Leicester-v-City-Manuel-Pellegrini-reaction

"We are without Dzeko, Aguero and Jovetic , for maybe more than a couple of weeks. We must see how long it takes Jovetic to recover. It is a difficult situation but we will see what is the best way for us to play.

“Lampard scored again which is one of the reasons he played today, because he can score and we needed a goal.

“David Silva, Samir Nasri and the rest of the midfielders can all score so we must see during the week which is the best way to play in the future until we recover our strikers."

Hasn't Silva played as a false 9 for Spain before? That could be one option.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Right that's it.
    Costa -> Giroud
    Boyd -> Hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Might bank this transfer, but lampard is tempting with city's injuries, a possible double up on city midfielders with him and yaya.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭G1032

I've no City players. Who is best attacking cover now? Yaya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Easy -4 for me this week. Mata and Tadic out for Sanchez and Downing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

G1032 wrote: »
    I've no City players. Who is best attacking cover now? Yaya?

Would of taught so, but lampard seems to be cock blocking him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Dzeko out anyway but who for I don't
    know. May also need to take a hit in defense as iv Hutton out and Chambers and Duff at risk of not starting next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Bertrand to Mangala or Demichelis I think. I'm tempted by Clichy/Zab but feel they're more likely to be rotated than the other two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Kolo a 'permanent' starter now for Liverpool? They have easy fixtures coming up, need to offload Liam Moore big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Plan was to get a city attacker in but Kompany getting injured means need to decide if a hit is worth it or not. Any word on how bad his injury is?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,499 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

El festino wrote: »
    Plan was to get a city attacker in but Kompany getting injured means need to decide if a hit is worth it or not. Any word on how bad his injury is?

Won't play again in 2014 apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 32,886 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would of taught so, but lampard seems to be cock blocking him.
    Wouldn't say Lampard is too big a factor. From the updates I read Toure had a tonne of chances, just missed them.

With a bit of luck and home advantage he'll be tucking them away next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,133 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    Wouldn't say Lampard is too big a factor. From the updates I read Toure had a tonne of chances, just missed them.

With a bit of luck and home advantage he'll be tucking them away next weekend.

he will be my captain when I buy him so hope he does!
    most of my team is away as they were home this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭skippy15

Whats up with dzeko anyone know?
    Either dzeko to giroud who's looking sharp-
    Or chambers- for chelsea cover

Lampard is quite tempting now but already have Yaya so it would probably be a bad idea to double up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

After tripling up on Chelsea and it serving me well this week, I'll likely ditch Costa for Giroud barring any other major problems arising. Will wait and see until after the Everton game on Monday night as I have Mirallas in the mix on a one week punt.

Can't budge until Monday night and I don't like it one bit :D

That Villa double cleansheet cost me hard Mr. Richardson. I've tried it twice and missed it on another occasion, ho hum!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Still going with the plan of Aguero to Austin unless RvP or Rooney really impress me tomorrow

• Advertisement

Still going with the plan of Aguero to Austin unless RvP or Rooney really impress me tomorrow

Austin is captaincy material next weekend too, there's no other candidates jumping out at me apart from Yaya maybe.

Advertisement