Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 13 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Ffs why another little dunk to forte when you have eighteen yards to make up? All year we've seen that kind of play calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

You carve the sh*t outa that turkey Cecil!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,783 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

MEGATRON on fire!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Lions tearing it up early this week. Impressive drive so far. Booming up the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Lobbed pass to Megatron.

It was always going to be.

• Advertisement

After an uncharacteristically inventive, tough start, trest and Tucker have clearly decided to return to their usual game plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

funny-transformers-megatron-washington-dc-lincoln-memorial.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Missed the first half, another sterling effort by our defense I see, held them to 24.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Missed the first half, another sterling effort by our defense I see, held them to 24.

They started ok actually and got agood turnover. Johnson, basically, is the problem. Fuller is sticking to him but what can you do, a rookie against him?

They started ok actually and got agood turnover. Johnson, basically, is the problem. Fuller is sticking to him but what can you do, a rookie against him?

Oh and conte is injured *again* so vereen is in, so it's all rookie coverage.

• Advertisement

Alright bears, change some things up. They figured us out after a couple of drives in the last half and the fear I'd have, from experience, is that we have no other plan. That's how it's looking.

Alright bears, change some things up. They figured us out after a couple of drives in the last half and the fear I'd have, from experience, is that we have no other plan. That's how it's looking.
    Another ****ING SCREEN!!! what a shock!!!

Was ok from Cutler. Seems like Bushrod is having trouble at LT there.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Was ok from Cutler. Seems like Bushrod is having trouble at LT there.

Yeah that was a pretty good drive in fairness, maybe ishould calm down, but the second quarter had melt down written all over it. Funny enough a short pass on third and three there would have gotten a first down that would have put us in a dangerous position.

So that's what a defensive 3-and-out looks like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Another ****ING SCREEN!!! what a shock!!!

As someone has pointed out, Cutler can't (probably) throw and INT on a screen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Awful call.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,783 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tight call there and with it being the end of the quarter the Lions have plenty of time to review it. It was very close if not a td. I wouldn't criticise the official there, looked like it didn't get across on the first effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    Chicago Bears @ Detroit Lions
    Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys
    Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers
    Cleveland Browns @ Buffalo Bills
    Cincinnati Bengals @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Indianapolis Colts
    New York Giants @ Jacksonville Jaguars
    Oakland Raiders @ St Louis Rams
    Baltimore Ravens
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans
    Carolina Panthers @ Minnesota Vikings
    Arizona Cardinals @ Atlanta Falcons
    New England Patriots @ Green Bay Packers I hope Im wrong on that
    Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets

Thats mine for today, will come back to the others, think the Cowboys might win though against my better judgement so may alter it by the time kick off arrives! :)

I am in fact changing to the Cowboys, its not quite December yet.

Just quoting to show I have now finished my picks for the week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

That should be that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Love those 90+ yard TD drives:)

Has to be a TD here. Think I'd even start going for it on 4th down.

kryogen wrote: »
    As someone has pointed out, Cutler can't (probably) throw and INT on a screen

Nearly managed it just there.

Christ we suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Christ we suck.

What's worse than suckin?cause that's us

kennyb3 wrote: »
    What's worse than suckin?cause that's us

I dunno what's worse than sucking but we have thirteen minutes to find out. God almighty how horribly predictable our defence is, the sheer lack of ingenuity is startling.

And more DeCamillis magic on special teams, because why wouldn't there be? My guess here is a first down followed by a penalty for ten yards followed by two screens for a couple of yards and a punt.

Q: Have you noticed that every Jay Cutler touchdown and interception looks the same? Chucks it up into coverage, either the receiver makes a play or it gets picked. I came up with a nickname for it: “Jay and Pray.”
    —Brian D, San Diego

BS: Shouldn’t “Jay-and-Pray” just be 50 percent of their offense? Lean on Matt Forte for runs and screens, send the big receivers over the middle every so often, then spend the rest of the time unleashing Jay-and-Prays? I fully support Chicago embracing San Francisco’s early-1990s Tecmo Bowl offense.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-week-13-mailbag-giving-thanks-making-picks/

And more DeCamillis magic on special teams, because why wouldn't there be? My guess here is a first down followed by a penalty for ten yards followed by two screens for a couple of yards and a punt.

Wow, that actually managed to be far too optimistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I dunno what's worse than sucking but we have thirteen minutes to find out. God almighty how horribly predictable our defence is, the sheer lack of ingenuity is startling.

Like a bunch of fairies out there prancing around the receivers. Then congratulating each other when they eventually make a tackle after a 15 yard gain.

Pure embarrassing.

Advertisement