Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to buy GTA V PS4?

Options
  • 14-11-2014 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭

Where are most of you going to pick this up?

Any bricks and Mortar price's?

Will Argos or SuperValu be the cheapest?

I heard SV had COD and Fifa cheap, will they do same with GTA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I searched about 4 SuperValu shops around me and couldnt find a copy of FIFA for the PS4, they were all sold out so its a risk if ya want it on day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Smyths = €65 (online price, not sure if same in shop) - 1 mil preorder bonus
    Xtravision = €70 - No preorder bonus
    Gamestop = €75 - 1 mil preorder bonus

Irish PSN store - 70 euro - 1 mil preorder bonus - extra 150k for GTA Online bonus when preordered

US PSN store - If you follow some online guides, you can buy it for 48 euro but preorder bonus may not work and there may be problems transferring your existing GTA Online character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

wowhd.com is where I normally get my games, they seem to have it cheaper than most places. I got GTA V on the PS3 for €39.98 a week after it was released

For anyone thats interested its €52.79 and free shipping

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/grand-theft-auto-v-playstation-4/dp/40157045/68806277

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

think my missus will be getting me the PS4 for xmas, will there be any deals coming up? Or where would the best place to pick one up?

• Advertisement

I would say there will be a few bundle deals, I was having a look at some last night.
    Argos has a deal for the console and a game for something like €380 I think it was.
    I have asked Santa for a PS 4, if I get one, well and good, if not, no big deal but I am still not fond on the idea of paying an extra fee to be able to play games online :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I searched about 4 SuperValu shops around me and couldnt find a copy of FIFA for the PS4, they were all sold out so its a risk if ya want it on day one.

I know my one had COD and Fifa recently, so I think I may go up there early on launch morning and see have they got it, failing that I'll possibly get it in Xtra/HMV....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Amazon just emailed me to tell me my order has shipped, getting it sent by parcel motel so might have it on Monday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

For anyone thats interested its €52.79 and free shipping

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/grand-theft-auto-v-playstation-4/dp/40157045/68806277

Would ya think I'd get this on release day?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Would ya think I'd get this on release day?

Not a chance!
    I ordered Fifa 15 2 days before the release date and didnt get until 2 weeks later, orders are sent out on a first come first served basis!

• Advertisement

Not a chance!
    I ordered Fifa 15 2 days before the release date and didnt get until 2 weeks later, orders are sent out on a first come first served basis!

Ahh feck it so, Smyths I'd say for me, unless SV have an offer on on the day.

Anyone know did SV announce the COD deal before hand or just a spur the moment thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Ahh feck it so, Smyths I'd say for me, unless SV have an offer on on the day.

Anyone know did SV announce the COD deal before hand or just a spur the moment thing?

I noticed that smyths stopped taking preorders on their site a couple of days ago. I should have ordered earlier. Will probably pick it up in argos with the €5 voucher offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Apparently Supervalu are getting it but not at launch day

Sarn wrote: »
    I noticed that smyths stopped taking preorders on their site a couple of days ago. I should have ordered earlier. Will probably pick it up in argos with the €5 voucher offer.

Really? D'ya think they'll be sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

Any good prices on trading in a 360 version to get PS4 one?

Might upgrade if its only about 20 quid or so.

It's available again for home delivery on Smyths (€64.99). No option for click and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Wanted to pre order GTA on the PSN store today, so I could get the pre order bonus. Came home to learn PSN is down grr, hopefully I get time to pre order it tonight before 12 o clock.

Try buy it from the psn store website. You might be able to purchase it on the website and then download it when maintenance finishes, scheduled to finish at 11pm

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/

Site wont load for me at all, will it work for u ?

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Site wont load for me at all, will it work for u ?

Nope not loading :(

Just check around 11. Will post here if i see it back before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Meggylom

Is HMV grafton street doing a midnight release tonight?

Well it seems like my old friends in the Royal Mail are still as poor as ever. Got an email from Amazon on Saturday saying it had been dispatched, tracking number on the Royal Mail site just says the following - "Status: It's on its way. Item arrived at National Distribution Centre on the 2014-11-15 and we are currently processing it." What a bunch of useless goons. Assuming it gets into my Parcel Motel tomorrow the earliest I will get it is tomorrow night ;-(

Arciphel wrote: »
    Well it seems like my old friends in the Royal Mail are still as poor as ever. Got an email from Amazon on Saturday saying it had been dispatched, tracking number on the Royal Mail site just says the following - "Status: It's on its way. Item arrived at National Distribution Centre on the 2014-11-15 and we are currently processing it." What a bunch of useless goons. Assuming it gets into my Parcel Motel tomorrow the earliest I will get it is tomorrow night ;-(

Same issue, mine was dispatched and sent to the Royal Mail centre on Sunday morning, 16th.:o

Got it sorted, plugged my ps4 in via wired instead of wireless and was able to sign into PSN.

€58.99 in argos. No preorder bonus but picking it up for €53.99 is worth it (using €5 coupon).

€58.99 in argos. No preorder bonus but picking it up for €53.99 is worth it (using €5 coupon).

How you get the coupon?

Edit - according to Argos, most won't have it until Friday or Saturday, I dunno if I can wait that long....

Fieldog wrote: »
    How you get the coupon?

Edit - according to Argos, most won't have it until Friday or Saturday, I dunno if I can wait that long....

It's available now. When I placed my order it updated to today (at least in Stephens green in Dublin).

But €50 of PSN credit or something else for €50 and you get a €5 coupon.

Royal mail says mine was delivered to parcel motel this morning at half five, but of course my parcel motel account shows nothing. Hopefully have it tonight ;-)

It's available now. When I placed my order it updated to today (at least in Stephens green in Dublin).

But €50 of PSN credit or something else for €50 and you get a €5 coupon.

So did mine on checkout but on the text it tells me that they will text me when it comes into stock.... :(

Edit : Swords branch

• Advertisement

Arciphel wrote: »
    Royal mail says mine was delivered to parcel motel this morning at half five, but of course my parcel motel account shows nothing. Hopefully have it tonight ;-)

I've still got this
    arrived at Princess Royal Distribution Centre on the 2014-11-16 and we are currently processing it.
    Last update: 16 November 2014, 02:10am

:(

Advertisement