Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Finally getting the hang of cooking risotto
    9UQJV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Lamb chops and baked potatoes for us tonight. Washed down with a Meantime Chocolate Porter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Trying to eat cleaner and healthier these days. So tonight we had adzuki bean burgers, roast potato bits done in coconut oil and some steamed broccoli. The bean burgers were fabulous. So tasty. I had every intention of taking a picture but hunger got the better of me.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Having a duvet day - feeling knackered & a bit poorly. Homemade leek & potato soup with croutons was the order of the day. Quick, easy & warming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Hope you feel better soon The Hill Billy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Chicken fillets smothered in Philadelphia and tarragon with roast potato and beetroot, sugar snaps and shredded cabbage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Simple vegetable lasagne.

I had made some batches of tomato sauce last week and stocked the freezer, so all I had to do was fry up veg, add the tomato sauce and make the bechamel.

Fantastic dinner, and we have two slices left for dinner sometime during the week as well :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Feel better soon HB!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Early dinner this evening.
    Sticky Asian style beef short ribs, with coleslaw from the other day. Yum.

IMG_20141110_160801_zpsxvxedpf_edit_1415637196373_zpsmhiokceq.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Spaghetti with meatballs.

qss9hk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I tried to save a little money this week and make a pot of vegetarian korma instead of chicken korma. As it happened, it cost the exact same :o

I just threw in anything I could see: fine beans, red and yellow pepper, chili, scallions, broccoli, mangetout, baby sweetcorn, onion, garlic, butternut squash and chickpeas. On the plus side, I have three portions left and it'll hopefully keep the sniffles away :)

Tonight I am cooking for one so I'll be having baked potatoes with some chorizo and mince mixture with some grated cheddar on top.

Think I might put a few extra chili flakes into the mince mixture for a bit more spice.

Hate cooking for one, can't wait until himself is back home. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Tonight I am cooking for one so I'll be having baked potatoes with some chorizo and mince mixture with some grated cheddar on top.

Think I might put a few extra chili flakes into the mince mixture for a bit more spice.

Hate cooking for one, can't wait until himself is back home. :o

You're doing better than me, I cooked myself a cheese toastie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I had every intention of cooking myself a nice bit of lasagna, book i was far too miserable and lazy too cook one.

I made a lasagna bowl. :o

Basically, i cooked lasagna sheets and chopped them up.

Cooked mushrooms, onions and mince with some left over tomato sauce i made.

Made a cauliflour white sauce and mixed it all up in a bowl.

Look horrible but oh so worth it.

You're doing better than me, I cooked myself a cheese toastie
    I would have loved a ham, cheese and onion toastie but I'm trying not to eat bread because whenever I do I feel ill for ages afterwards. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

herisson wrote: »
    Made a cauliflour white sauce and mixed it all up in a bowl.

How did you make this? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Firing on all cylinders again today. Had fried pork cutlets with onions & mushrooms in a sauce made from cream cheese & beef stock. Served with fried spätzli (aka spaetzle - a thick doughy noodle).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Goulash in the slow cooker right now and, coincidentally, I'll be trying my hand at making spaetzle for the first time later!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 507 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Jalapeño poppers stuffed with cheese and bacon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Bacon and Brocolli (kids don't like cabbage), with mash and parsley sauce.

It looks like a small portion but I had three of them! ;)

CF54A18C-C6BB-4651-A1F6-4F6FC9526356_zpsvupmnhfv.jpg

• Advertisement

Moody_mona wrote: »
    How did you make this? Thanks :)

Roasted garlic, boiled cauliflour, put it into a blender with a small amount of butter, pepper and tiniest bit of milk.

Blended the bejaysus out of it until it was a puree.

Tonight i had thai green curry!

15765367891_f69b50f60c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,855 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm back cooking the occasional meal :-)
    At the weekend we had friends around.
    We started with lightly spiced pork crackling with sangarita and really good tequila.
    Main was peurco pebil with mango salsa and white rice.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochinita_pibil
    Dessert was ginger oat cakes with Greek yoghurt and plum compote.

It was a great comeback!
    No pics.

Minder's Vietnamese Cooking Club recipes http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055926588/1/#post66164241

Chicken and Pak Choi Soup

CD759387-F2EB-40F5-AF6D-689251126AD9_zpswzt6s8ps.jpg

Vietnamese roast chicken with lemongrass
    E4F9A802-AFD6-440D-897B-08559085C005_zpsuct2ytut.jpg

Grilled Aubergine in tomato sauce
    AE63F92C-0C54-40B4-99A5-CC92BB7A62D0_zpsvqhbtqem.jpg

So, so tasty! (Especially the soup)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Endive and ham gratin

Leftover night. Chicken and ham pies with potato cakes. (There is veg in the pies, promise!)

0E1DCABB-6EA9-4349-A16B-D335EA59491B_zpspk8fhhnp.jpg

Last night i roasted mushrooms and cashew news in a bucket of soy sauce and chilli. Had it with basmati rice.

Tonight i made wholewheat pasta with tomato and garlic sauce, broccoli and peas and a truckload of cheese :o

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

I had a KFC Mega Box. :( Too ashamed to photograph it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Tonight I had chicken korma. I steamed some courgette to go on the side... oh god. Don't ever steam a courgette. The green stuff went in the bin, the chicken went in my belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Roast chicken with waffles and a chassseur sauce following a recipe by Thomas Keller on Saturday Kitchen Best Bites. Savoury waffles are my new favourite obsession, need some more recipes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,827 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I had a disappoint Chicken and Brocccoli casserole. I needed brown rice and not quinoa to soak up the stock that I put too much of in and I didn't have enough greek yogurt. I'll definitely try it again another time though.

I only had a small part of it. Then my mam came home with a garlic chicken wrap from Supermac's for me. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement