Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite foundation?

Options
  • 03-11-2014 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

Mine is Estée Lauder double wear, but I'm always on the lookout for new buys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I don't like DW at all, I find the coverage far too heavy. I'm a fussy bitch about foundation because I don't like full coverage but I have really oily skin so I need something that's not going to just slide off my face an hour later. My go-to in this regard is Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra.

I've heard amazing things about Tom Ford, but there is no way in hell I'm spending €75 on foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I use MAC Studio fix & find it great. I found Double Wear too heavy & tried DW light, my face broke out in little bumps... First & only time I have had a reaction to a foundation. It took about a week to clear.

I did buy a Lancôme foundation on recommendation a while back but never actually got to try it, I dropped the bottle on the tiled bathroom floor and it smashed to pieces! Needless to say I was sick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

i'm a mac studio sculpt fan, i also like clarins skin illusion so toss between the two.
    i liked the coverage of estee lauder double wear but it dried my skin out too much :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Mac studio fix fluid for me, have tried the rest, nothing compares IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I must be the only person in the world who didn't like Studio Fix. I absolutely hated the way it sat on my skin - it seemed to catch really badly around my eyebrows and hairline.

• Advertisement

It took me ages to find a foundation that worked for me, every now and then I'll try something different but I always end out back with Studio fix.

If you return 6 empty MAC containers the give you a free lipstick which is a nice little bonus! I returned my empties yesterday and picked up a bubble gum pink lippie for my sister - Candy yum-yum, My 3 year old niece ate hers a couple of weeks ago so she was delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

It took me ages to find a foundation that worked for me, every now and then I'll try something different but I always end out back with Studio fix.

If you return 6 empty MAC containers the give you a free lipstick which is a nice little bonus! I returned my empties yesterday and picked up a bubble gum pink lippie for my sister - Candy yum-yum, My 3 year old niece ate hers a couple of weeks ago so she was delighted :)

She actually ATE a lipstick?? LOL but feel queasy at the thought of it and your poor sister too - these children have good taste.

Is that for ANY 6 empties that they give a lipstick? So say if I went in and bought 6 single eyeshadows, took them out to put in a custom palette would I then get a free lippie for the empties?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua is my favourite foundation ever but I also really like Laura Mercier Silk Creme and MAC Studio Sculpt.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

Got samples of the Charlotte Tilbury foundation in BT last week - have to say I love it & will purchase. Coverage is medium and it goes on like a dream.

donna35 wrote: »
    She actually ATE a lipstick?? LOL but feel queasy at the thought of it and your poor sister too - these children have good taste.

Is that for ANY 6 empties that they give a lipstick? So say if I went in and bought 6 single eyeshadows, took them out to put in a custom palette would I then get a free lippie for the empties?

What didn't go on her face went in her belly... her teeth were bright pink & there was kissy lips all over the bedroom mirror :eek:

Yep, any six... I had been throwing the out for years till my mate said it to me!

Here is a link to an old boards thread on it :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82816596

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

donna35 wrote: »

Some bt's have stopped using eye shadow empties for this service because people were doing just this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I have a few favourite foundations, because they all do different things but none of them do all of the things I need them to do!

- NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia for the shade match and coverage
    - ELDW for the longevity
    - Chanel Perfection Lumiére Velvet for the finish
    - Clarins Everlasting Foundation for the coverage and finish

Now if only I could find a single one which did all of the above!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I love the Bobbi Brown foundations for the shade..."Sand" matches my skin perfectly. But other than that they are overpriced and not great.

I do like Double Wear, and I am wearing it at the moment. However I use a very very thin layer, and mix it with moisturiser. Otherwise it's a mask. Only foundation that doesn't melt off my face by the end of the day! Shame I can't seem to find a shade that is perfect, but it's close enough!

I hate all Mac foundations. The Mac Studio Fix powder is okay, but I wouldn't use it on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I personally couldn't stand DW, it was like a mask on me and I have oily skin. Tried the light version too and found that to be really heavy as well.

I love the No7 Stay Perfect, its lights-medium coverage, but you can build it ip to full coverage.

The name on the site is wrong though, match made is a different foundation as far as I know.

http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Stay-Perfect-Foundation_1376459/

I love the Rimmel 25hr foundation, its full coverage, doesn't budge, but I only use it for nights out really as its too much for daytime for me.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Rimmel-Lasting-Finish-25hour-Foundation_1150829/

I tried a sample of the Max Factor Skin Luminizer Foundation and really liked it too, medium coverage that's buildable.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Max-Factor-Skin-Luminizer-Foundation_1500684/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I'm using Loreal 24 hour infallible at the moment - its actually quite natural on me and the palest shade is really pale compared to some brands like Maybelline.

I try and save my EA Doublewear light for nights out

• Registered Users Posts: 42 copea2

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I love the Bobbi Brown foundations for the shade..."Sand" matches my skin perfectly. But other than that they are overpriced and not great.

Im the exact same - tried loads of foundations and Bobbi Brown was by far the best shade match. Not too pushed on the actual foundation itself though.

Bobbi Brown Long-wear and skin are my day foundations and ELDW or Mac Studio Fix are if im going out at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

DoubleWear. Don't see how it can be classed as heavy unless you're putting too much on. You only need very little.
    I find it very smoothing and leaves my skin looking flawless.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

YSL Touché Éclat is the best I've used. I keep it for nights out or events, it's got great lasting power and lovely coverage. I use Mac BB cream for my day to day face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

I find Urban decay - Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup quite good - ery easy to apply and good coverage ... I keep going back to it and have tried a lot of foundations over the years !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Another vote for DW as well. I like trying new foundations but I always end up going back to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

ams wrote: »
    I'm using Loreal 24 hour infallible at the moment - its actually quite natural on me and the palest shade is really pale compared to some brands like Maybelline.

I try and save my EA Doublewear light for nights out

I love the loreal foundations. Here I can never get the right shade, when I was in the U.S. I bought a neutral shade where as they only seem to sell warm and cool here?! But I agree, great for pale skin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I've been using Lancome Teint Miracle for nearly 7 years now and early last year I bought the Lancome Miracle Air de Teint and I love them both. The Miracle Air de Teint is a very fluid foundation and has a lovely airbrushing effect. I use that for nights out.
    I prefer a light coverage though so not sure if it would be suitable for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I am very fussy and have tried so many foundations but the one i have stayed with the longest is ... Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, it is amazing. I have tried from Chantecaille down and the Healthy Mix Serum is the best i have used - so natural looking yet can give adequate coverage. Also its so cheap! I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Revlon colourstay is my favourite. Can't afford it at the moment so I've just been using my garnier bb cream.

My favourite foundation of all time was Mac studio stick in NC27 and the range was discontinued a few years ago. It was perfect for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I must be the only person in the world who didn't like Studio Fix. I absolutely hated the way it sat on my skin - it seemed to catch really badly around my eyebrows and hairline.

I found that too, not a mac fan at all.

I love L'Oréal True match. I've tried MANY others but always come back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 shaz90ish

My favourite one is the estee lauder double wear too. can anyone suggest me a Foundation that is good for photos, good meaning, ur face in photos doesn't look whitish.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lilydonoghue

I use Clinique. have done for years and I'm happy with it but always open to change. lots of ideas here (too many really, I ended up confused after reading the posts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

shaz90ish wrote: »
    My favourite one is the estee lauder double wear too. can anyone suggest me a Foundation that is good for photos, good meaning, ur face in photos doesn't look whitish.

NARS Sheer Glow is the first that springs to mind; the coverage isn't as heavy as DW but it's still pretty good, and it has no SPF so no ghost-face!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭MissNomer

I'm using Rimmel Perfect Match and I really like it. One of the only foundations that doesn't bring me out in spots, yet stays on all day and looks fairly natural. The expensive ones like MAC and Doublewear just break me out.

Advertisement