Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭out da lough

Hogzy wrote: »
    Id rather have a cup of gold blend tbh.
    Im not big into my coffee, but i know what i like. Subway coffee is awful IMO.

I tend to have a different opinion to you in this regard.

It's a good deal, seeing as the centra next door charges €1.50 for just a coffee. Both come from the same type of machine. You know, the one with the beans that grinds them and then dispenses the coffee.

But if you rather Gold Blend, then I'm afraid I am unaware of anywhere that serves that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

how are they doing out in Mahon? plenty of business by the looks of the cars constantly parked in the Loading Bay!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Was up in Dublin at the weekend and the city is overwhelmed with Starbucks. There seemed to be a Starbucks outlet in your eyeline no matter which way you turned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

kcb wrote: »
    how are they doing out in Mahon? plenty of business by the looks of the cars constantly parked in the Loading Bay!

it's a bit mad at times, some drivers don't give a crap and just abandon their car in the loading bay for their coffee fix, jesus you'd swear the Virgin Mary is appearing in there such is the level of interest in the place..sheep the lot of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭TheChizler

it's a bit mad at times, some drivers don't give a crap and just abandon their car in the loading bay for their coffee fix, jesus you'd swear the Virgin Mary is appearing in there such is the level of interest in the place..sheep the lot of em.

How do you get in there and where do you park? Gave up the other day after circling a few times.

• Advertisement

TheChizler wrote: »
    How do you get in there and where do you park? Gave up the other day after circling a few times.

There is an underground car park and lifts inside to bring you up to the office plaza. You wouldn't be bothered doing that for a quick take-away though... hence the constant parking in the loading bay.

It will come to a head soon I'd say... I passed earlier and there was a DFS artic trying to squeeze in... not too pleased with the SUVs and soft-tops in his way I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,645 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Park in Mahon Point

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭TheChizler

There is an underground car park and lifts inside to bring you up to the office plaza. You wouldn't be bothered doing that for a quick take-away though... hence the constant parking in the loading bay.
    Ventured in there but looked like it was Dell parking only. Security guard was glaring at us and we got scared and left :D. Without dedicated ground level parking I'd say they're missing out on a lot of business from the yummy mummies going for chats who wouldn't want to be dragging a car-full of kids across a busy road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ventured in there but looked like it was Dell parking only. Security guard was glaring at us and we got scared and left :D. Without dedicated ground level parking I'd say they're missing out on a lot of business from the yummy mummies going for chats who wouldn't want to be dragging a car-full of kids across a busy road.

I've parked there a few times. No problem.

across a busy road.

As I say there is underground parking open to the public!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭beer enigma

As I say there is underground parking open to the public!

I always park underneath, good clean secure parking with stairs and a lift & as you say, its public. Not sure if starbucks have ans assigned spots, but I just park anywhere that doesnt have a Dell or DFS marking on it.

I understand the Gardai were involved a couple of weeks ago as the parking on the waiting/loading (whatever it is) bay outside was backed up onto the first lane of the entry into MP - cause jams right back to the Skehard Road, so they paid a visit. If it get really busy, I can see it being 'policed' by MP security & quite rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Is it supposed to be pay parking in the underground place? Seems strange to have those barriers when anyone can drive in or out but I've never seen a pay station for the place.

JohnK wrote: »
    Is it supposed to be pay parking in the underground place? Seems strange to have those barriers when anyone can drive in or out but I've never seen a pay station for the place.

Will be when the majority of units in the retail/office in City Gate have been filled but until then they are leaving it free (my wife rents a virtual office out there)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Does anyone know if the wifi is a good connection there?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

Kazbah wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the wifi is a good connection there?

Been there once, it's quite good, no lag when surfing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Not sure if this is just a rumour but someone posted on Twitter this week that 2 more Starbucks are opening in Cork, one in Mahon Point (in the shopping centre itself) in the next two weeks and Douglas shortly after. The poster seemed fairly certain about it. Anyone else hear about these openings?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

I doubt they would open up in the centre, there's already two bbs and an obriens, and with the other one so close, Douglas is also another one I wouldn't be sure about

• Registered Users Posts: 85,645 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ongarboy wrote: »
    Not sure if this is just a rumour but someone posted on Twitter this week that 2 more Starbucks are opening in Cork, one in Mahon Point (in the shopping centre itself) in the next two weeks and Douglas shortly after. The poster seemed fairly certain about it. Anyone else hear about these openings?

Ballincollig was rumoured too for one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭mikeecho

calnand wrote: »
    I doubt they would open up in the centre, there's already two bbs and an obriens, and with the other one so close, Douglas is also another one I wouldn't be sure about

The bbs at the tesco end is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

BailMeOut wrote: »
    You are right. Closed in October. No more Starbucks in Munster. Cork has great coffee shops most of which are better than Starbucks anyway IMO.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/kfgbsngbkfsn/rss2/

And they pay their fair share of tax to the state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,359 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know in kilkenny BB's closed and Starbuck's opened in the same unit in the Shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

ongarboy wrote: »

Looks like the one in Mahon Point is definitely going ahead - the store locator on the Starbucks site is showing one in Citygate and another on the first floor (kiosk 7) of Mahon Point Shopping Centre http://www.starbucks.ie/store/1010436/ie/mahon-point/first-floor-kiosk-7-mahon-point-sc-cork-c-1

I heard some talk about Douglas today as well and they were saying the Village Shopping Centre but no mention of which unit. Going to be quite busy with coffee shops in there if its true with Gloria Jeans, Quigleys, Puccinos, and M&S. And you could probably group O'Briens with that lot too.

JohnK wrote: »
    Looks like the one in Mahon Point is definitely going ahead - the store locator on the Starbucks site is showing one in Citygate and another on the first floor (kiosk 7) of Mahon Point Shopping Centre http://www.starbucks.ie/store/1010436/ie/mahon-point/first-floor-kiosk-7-mahon-point-sc-cork-c-1

I heard some talk about Douglas today as well and they were saying the Village Shopping Centre but no mention of which unit. Going to be quite busy with coffee shops in there if its true with Gloria Jeans, Quigleys, Puccinos, and M&S. And you could probably group O'Briens with that lot too.

The area in Mahon Point is now boarded off with a 'Starbucks' coming soon poster on it. Amazed that BBs would let a competitor in an any cost

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Andip wrote: »
    The area in Mahon Point is now boarded off with a 'Starbucks' coming soon poster on it. Amazed that BBs would let a competitor in an any cost

??

BBs is just a tenant in a massive development. They couldn't stop a competitor coming in, even if they wanted to.

Roar wrote: »
    ??

BBs is just a tenant in a massive development. They couldn't stop a competitor coming in, even if they wanted to.

Yes I appreciate they are only a tenant, BUT, the exact location that Starbucks are going into was a BBs up until a few weeks ago & one that had fairly recently been revamped.

Whether BBs didnt renew the lease or closed it for financial reasons, my point is that they surely must have know the risk that someone such as Starbucks would jump at the opportunity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ballincollig was rumoured too for one

Would love to see one out here, I doubt it will happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

surprised there isn't one in Patricks St

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

Is it worth mentioning that their coffee is mucky and nasty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

mire wrote: »
    Is it worth mentioning that their coffee is mucky and nasty?

Most humans love a good popular brand name, regardless of the quality of the product.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Whats so great about starbucks? Just another coffee shop I think

Advertisement