Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gameweek 9 captain poll

Options
  • 21-10-2014 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

So whos getting the armband for the weekend, tempted to put it on tadic

Who will be your captain for gw 9? 182 votes

aguero
    0%
    pelle
    69%
    TacTSkySterthe whole year innFastFullBacksionnachNichololasPWEIdave13Sooner or Later[Deleted User][Deleted User]DadesPOKERKINGrock whoreWombatmanLemlinRikandbillymitchellpatmacArmaniJeanss 127 votes
    tadic
    6%
    Shaque attackmailburnerres ipsaFlecktarnMR NINEbut1erunkymotmc86Cantona's Collarsstubapaulocon2 11 votes
    di-maria
    1%
    How Soon Is Nowshadowcomplex 2 votes
    costa
    1%
    fifthWestern Pomise 2 votes
    sterling
    9%
    AdMMMuRbaN[Deleted User]Ice87AnonoBoycremeeggSpannerMonkeythegreengoblinrikaisermmouseargentumJR6kmcattackthunderdogstonemanicDietsquirtwilliewallaceauldgranny 18 votes
    welbeck
    2%
    callaway92Tipsy McSwaggerbodkingRosco79 4 votes
    sanchez
    3%
    WoollyRedHatHococopTimeToShinetheRBThe Wild BunchBlondeBomb 6 votes
    berahino
    0%
    Tony_Montana 1 vote
    sigurdsson
    1%
    RojiblancosWalter White 2 votes
    hazard
    2%
    who_rukevohmsfordMocha Joekieran.Fenson 5 votes
    fabregas
    0%
    SureYWouldntYa 1 vote
    erikson
    0%
    County rebel 1 vote
    rvp
    0%
    falcao
    0%
    baines
    0%
    Invincible 1 vote
    other
    0%
    Gaillimh1976 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Needs more poll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

pelle
    Gotta be Kun

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

pelle
    manual_man wrote: »
    Gotta be Kun

In the form of his life it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

pelle
    Aguero. VC is a toss up between Siggy and Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Costa if fit.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

pelle
    Lemlin wrote: »
    In the form of his life it appears.

Yes. If he can stay 100% fit as he is right now he could be on for a last year Suarez ike season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭G1032

pelle
    So whos getting the armband for the weekend, tempted to put it on tadic

Not in a million years would I do that when the likes of Costa and Aguero are in top form. Top top form! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭G1032

pelle
    Aguero got 2 goals and an assist away to West Ham last season. Horses for courses and all that.........

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Probably the same as last weekend:

Aguero (c) Pelle (vc)

Much can happen between now and Friday/Sat morning. A fit Costa would be worth considering I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

sanchez
    After seeing how Sunderland performed at Southampton, you'd have to fancy Welbeck or Sanchez to do some damage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

pelle
    dont think sunderland would/could be that bad 2 games in a row.

Aguero (C) + Pelle (VC) for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

pelle
    It has always been tight game for Arsenal up at Sunderland, wouldn't touch any of their players for captaincy

pelle
    After seeing how Sunderland performed at Southampton, you'd have to fancy Welbeck or Sanchez to do some damage

The opposite could happen though. Sunderland are going to have huge motivation to dig their heels in and at least get a draw.

As a Blackburn fan, I remember a few years back when West Ham got a 7-0 battering in the first round of the cup. Later that week they came up to Ewood and gave the performance of their lives and won 2-1 in the League.

Also, if you look at Sunderland's results pre the Saints drubbing, they weren't bad. 3-1 win against Stoke being the result immediately before.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lemlin wrote: »
    The opposite could happen though. Sunderland are going to have huge motivation to dig their heels in and at least get a draw.

As a Blackburn fan, I remember a few years back when West Ham got a 7-0 battering in the first round of the cup. Later that week they came up to Ewood and gave the performance of their lives and won 2-1 in the League.

Also, if you look at Sunderland's results pre the Saints drubbing, they weren't bad. 3-1 win against Stoke being the result immediately before.

I think I'm going to play PVA ahead of Wilson this weekend actually for this reason.
    not sure if poyet will though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

pelle
    I have Welbeck but agree with Lemlin. If you ship 8 goals in a game then in the next game you are quite happy to try and shut up shop and just not take an absolute hammering. Sunderland have only conceded 4 goals in 4 games at home this year which is not too bad. Interestingly Ramsey scored twice against them last year in the Stadium of Light, watch this space!

Aguero all day. Even if he doesn't get a big haul you have to play the percentages until the latter end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

sanchez
    Welbeck just about paid off last week but as people have mentioned Sunderland will be looking for redemption my only other options are lukaku (away to burnley) who scored last week as well or yaya toure but they are playing away to west ham who are in good form

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

pelle
    Aguero C Tadic VC

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

pelle
    I'm happy to go with the poll this week, Aguero (c) it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

will Aguero play 90mins? might be rested.

Anyone else considering Siggy home to Leicster?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

pelle
    Chesty08 wrote: »

Can't see him being rested as they've no champions league fixture til 5th November and need to keep chasing Chelsea. He got the full 90 last Saturday, I was surprised he wasn't pulled off after they went 3-1 up.

Think I'll do Siggy VC.

• Advertisement

pelle
    Chesty08 wrote: »

Doubt it. City only have League Cup next week so he can have a week's break.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Tempted by Siggy this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

tom_k wrote: »
    Can't see him being rested as they've no champions league fixture til 5th November and need to keep chasing Chelsea. He got the full 90 last Saturday, I was surprised he wasn't pulled off after they went 3-1 up.

Think I'll do Siggy VC.

Really tempted to go with Siggy. I do agree that they don't want to get too far behind.

My current overall position is inside top 1k.

Safety head is saying Aguero, my feeling of who will do better this week is Siggy!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Abihsot

Anyone else tempted by Lukaku?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

pelle
    Has to be Aguero for me.

Gambled by dropping Costa for him (so that a direct swap was possible) so have to go to the end of the gamble and captain him I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

pelle
    Abihsot wrote: »
    Anyone else tempted by Lukaku?

Never. Captain. Lukaku.

It'll be heartbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

pelle
    1 from 3 for me

Augero - #1 choice at the moment for me. In great form. But will he get 2-3 goals this week. Could be good for assists also Tough away game.

Also tempted by Pelle.Had him captain last week and it paid off well. Will Southampton get another win. Flying high at the moment. Will he get another deuce v a tough Stoke defence

And finally Siggy - Gets the odd goal and is an assist machine. Captain him and he has a good wkend, could make up points on others. Big risk imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

pelle
    Dubliner28 wrote: »
    1 from 3 for me

Augero - #1 choice at the moment for me. In great form. But will he get 2-3 goals this week. Could be good for assists also Tough away game.

Also tempted by Pelle.Had him captain last week and it paid off well. Will Southampton get another win. Flying high at the moment. Will he get another deuce v a tough Stoke defence

And finally Siggy - Gets the odd goal and is an assist machine. Captain him and he has a good wkend, could make up points on others. Big risk imo

How can you contemplate capitaining siggy when he has 4 blanks in 5 and you have aguero in your team

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Aguero seems to be the obvious choice. If I was sure Costa was starting I might consider him, but don't want to risk it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

pelle
    jive wrote: »
    How can you contemplate capitaining siggy when he has 4 blanks in 5 and you have aguero in your team

He's a bit of a flat track bully at home in fairness.

Advertisement