Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort of 'personalities' do you fill a cr@p radio station.

Options
  • 22-10-2014 8:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

Let's start with the declaration that this radio station has 'something for everybody.':rolleyes:
    Come on boardsies. What sort of cr@ppie programs would this station have. What would the goon presenters say? What kind of ads would go on it? What would be this stations slogan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Isnt there a marketing/surveys forum?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'd bring back all the 252 DJs that have sadly disappeared into obscurity, Sandy Beech, Dusty Rhodes, Robin Banks, Rick O'Shea. I wonder what became of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

gugleguy wrote: »
    Let's start with the declaration that this radio station has 'something for everybody.':rolleyes:
    Come on boardsies. What sort of cr@ppie programs would this station have. What would the goon presenters say? What kind of ads would go on it? What would be this stations slogan?

Are you the MD of 98fm / 104fm and looking for new ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Good suggestion whiskeyman, I'm not but maybe I'd like to be one of those actors employed to ring in as a consultant expert whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I'd bring back all the 252 DJs that have sadly disappeared into obscurity, Sandy Beech, Dusty Rhodes, Robin Banks, Rick O'Shea. I wonder what became of them all.

The last I heard is Sandy Beech is all washed up, Dusty Rhodes went nowhere, Robin Banks is in jail and Rick o'Shea is in a mental home bouncing off the walls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

gramar wrote: »
    The last I heard is Sandy Beech is all washed up, Dusty Rhodes went nowhere, Robin Banks is in jail and Rick o'Shea is in a mental home bouncing off the walls.

Witty AND pertinent, very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Whoever that dickhead they have on 2fm in the morning would be a great start. Anyone on cool fm as they are all terrible. That pick Grimshaw from BBC R1, he has a very appropriate name because his show is fūcking GRIM.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Rick O'Shea is on 2fm, Dusty is trying to push for a DAB launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Hopefully given the Romanov treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

They should all be allowed fondle themselves on airplanes.

Hi Neil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Just hire everyone on 2FM and have them talk gibberish all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

kneemos wrote: »
    Just hire everyone on 2FM and have them talk gibberish all day.

...so tell them to keep doing that they're doing then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭cml387

A two hour program in the morning for housewives, with human interest stories, recipes, a weekly survey of supermarket prices.
    I have a presenter in mind who lives in Howth.

A daily soap opera set in a hotel.

Absolutely no ex member of any boy band to be let within 1 mile of the studio.

cml387 wrote: »

A daily soap opera set in a hotel.
    Pier Palace?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

id prefer no talk just music..who cares about the low level IQ thrash they spout out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

There's always a D.J. for whom every moment is joy, every song is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Birneybau wrote: »
    There's always a D.J. for whom every moment is joy, every song is amazing!

All served with a laugh in their voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Joe Duffy! Especially if it got him off RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

You're tuned to Sh1tbag FM 1 oh 9 and the time now is 3:16am.

For all you truck drivers out there, thanks for listening and this is Bachman Turner Overdrive.

For advertising purposes, hand out a one size fits all grotty green t - shirt saying with manky brown

"This T - Shirt gives me authority to shout down
    anybody who dares to mention any radio station other than
    shyet 1o9

"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Forgot to add Hugo Duncan & Stephen Nolan.

Radio djs really are cretins. One in ten is tolerable

nearly forgot about the Roadcaster vehicle.

This is a dirty, 1990's Leyland Doubledecker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭superglue

Niall Boylan all day long.

Grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WILL NEVER LOG OFF

does anyone else suspect Ruth Scott has no time for that Paddy fella, at all?

Ruth Scott is great, very naturally funny.

I think that 2FM's frequency should be taken over, so you tune into this schtinker instead.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

id rather listen to re-runs of the angelus than to some of the DJs on radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

stoneill wrote: »
    You're tuned to Sh1tbag FM 1 oh 9 and the time now is 3:16am.

For all you truck drivers out there, thanks for listening and this is Bachman Turner Overdrive.

I have my own radio station now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

I dont listen to music Radio stations at all ... but was stuck in a doctor's waiting room yesterday and subjected to that bloke from westlife's show on 2FM for about 45mins.

JESUS ****IN CHRIST.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Someone that can talk ****e for a few mins in between songs and the half hourly news updates.

• Advertisement

I have my own radio station now?

So.....nominate your dj's . And chat show hosts.......why not boardsies that annoy you.
    except me.:P....shouldn't be that difficult. Pirate stations found leccy power easily enough..

Advertisement