Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a load of Red Bull!

Options
  • 10-10-2014 7:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭

It's difficult to work out whether the Yanks are very stupid or very clever. How gob****ey do you have to be to think that it would make you grow wings?

Red Bull doesn't give you wings. No really. It doesn't!
    Bought a can of Red Bull in the past 12 years? Claim a $10 cash refund! Soft drink firm forced to pay out $13million because drink 'doesn't really give you wings'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pidgeoneyes

'murica, and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

It's difficult to work out whether the Yanks are very stupid or very clever. How gob****ey do you have to be to think that it would make you grow wings?

Red Bull doesn't give you wings. No really. It doesn't!

Despite the sensationalist title of that rag article. The american who claimed against them did so because red bull did not actually improve performance, not because he didn't sprout angel wings out his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I won't ask what kind of performance! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Despite the sensationalist title of that rag article. The american who claimed against them did so because red bull did not actually improve performance, not because he didn't sprout angel wings out his back.

Red bull is full of sugar, all it does is give you a sugar rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭893bet

jamesbere wrote: »
    Red bull is full of sugar, all it does is give you a sugar rush.

What about diet redbull?

It is caffeine and taurine and glucuronalactone that gives increased perforamance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

893bet wrote: »
    What about diet redbull?

It is caffeine and taurine and glucuronalactone that gives increased perforamance.

That only gives you feathers....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

What about diet redbull?

The point is there is no proof it enhances performance at all and they claimed it did. If it was true they could prove it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

What about diet redbull?

Of course put diet in front of it and it's so much healthier. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It definately keeps you up all night!! I used to only drink it around exam time when I had to study all night. You can get it in those little shots too. I drank about 6 shots and had a few cans and it made me so sick I had to defer my exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭preston johnny

A spokesman for Red Bull said 'We couldn't give a flying fcuk about the courts decision'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

In general, ****e like that just gives you a lift because you are having a crash because you drink ****e like that.

Drinking caffeine just gives you a 'high' in relation to the withdrawals you are suffering because you are addicted to it.

If you don't take caffeine regularly however, you will feel a genuine rush. A bit like a non-smoker having a smoke...woah...this feels funky! But take up smoking full-time and those rushes disappear. You smoke to get rid of the withdrawals.

jamesbere wrote: »
    Of course put diet in front of it and it's so much healthier. :rolleyes:

You miss my point. You say it's just the sugar rush.....I said so what about the diet redbull... Sugar free
    ( insert sarcastic smily here)

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    The point is there is no proof it enhances performance at all and they claimed it did. If it was true they could prove it

There are 100s of papers backing up those three ingredients.

Don't think there is any specifically on just redbull though. It def works. Same as coffee works.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

What about the people who did sprout wings? Do you know what kind of medical expenses there are with sprouting wings, wreaked back, infections due to poor circulation, can't get clothes that fit. Wings on a human aren't a good thing at all, I can't even fly it just hurts my spine when I move them.

Advertisement