Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish hotel you ever stayed in.

Options
  • 04-10-2014 1:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

I don't get away often, I like to save up a have a decent hotel even if its for one night.
    Myself and the OH are in Killarney, there is a jucuzzi in our bedroom ( in the actual room, not bathroom) with a lovely view if the mountains out the window
    So tell us, your posh get aways....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Doom wrote: »
    I don't get away often, I like to save up a have a decent hotel even if its for one night.
    Myself and the OH are in Killarney, there is a jucuzzi in our bedroom ( in the actual room, not bathroom) with a lovely view if the mountains out the window

And you're posting on Boards :confused: Tut Tut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Had a posh w?nk once. Nice get away from the standard every now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Your obviously having a great time so..Since you have the time to post on here;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Chucken wrote: »
    And you're posting on Boards :confused: Tut Tut

Even stallions need a break....

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

The slive donnard or any of the Hastings group.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

The facilities have been put to good use....I'm a night owl :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Europe hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Id be riding mad in the jacuzzi before i be posting on boards about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

The G in Galway is hard to beat ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Donegal

Lough Eske Castle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Premier inn Dublin airport.

When I stay there it means I'm going somewhere the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Premier inn Dublin airport.

When I stay there it means I'm going somewhere the next day.

If you camped in a tent at knock airport would you give it similar appraisal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

If you camped in a tent at knock airport would you give it similar appraisal?

Charlestown Airport you mean? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The Brehon in Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Hayfield Manor in Cork is easily the nicest hotel we've stayed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Caybar

Ashford castle

Lake Hotel, Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Itd be a toss up between Premier Inn - Hotel St George - The Westin, all incrdable places, lovely rooms, relaxing and plenty of awesome movieage on tv!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

Btw what hotel are you staying in in Kilkenny? Sounds nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

In my experience the 'best' facilities don't always equate to the 'best' hotel.

Best hotel I've stayed in is the Quality in Clonakilty - facilities are so-so (good gym) but the staff are brilliant - consistently the best I've met.

Wineport Lodge was probably the nicest in terms of location and rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

The Twelve in Barna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Killashee in Naas has to be one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

Stayed in it a good few times now, had my wedding reception there also.

Heads up lads.... There's a bath in the middle of the bridal suite. (in case your bride stinks)

Powerscourt House Hotel. Just, wow. The most stunning hotel, room as big as a house, fantastic spa, and beautiful food.

The Four Seasons in dublin would be a close second (though I head it's not what it once was).

Other noteable mentions; Radisson Farnham Estate Cavan, Druids Glen Wicklow, Lyrath Estate in Wicklow for the cinema and breakfast, and brook lodge for the cosines and the food.

(I like food).

Best B&B Desmond House in Kinsale!

I really want to stay in Lough Eske. Have that on my list!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

Has to be either The Westbury in Dublin or Castlemartyer Estate Cork....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I found the G in Galway a great room but the service lacking the night we stayed.

Stayed in the marker in Dublin the night of the AI hurling replay last year and I found it to be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Anno Santo in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

We are working our way thru the Bluebook. Not hotels in the strictest definition of the word, but a massive WOW factor.
    Highly recommended if you have a few quid to burn....or generous family at christmas time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Is it the Lake Hotel? Europe? I'm from Killarney and worked in a few of the hotels when I was in school/college. Only ever stayed in about 3 hotels in Ireland though...all pretty basic! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Castle martyr in cork and the europe in killarney are the two that blew me away. Think they are also rated one and two in the country afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Europe Hotel in Killarney is something special.

Advertisement