Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 3/10/2014

Options
  • 01-10-2014 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams is set to join Ryan Tubridy on Friday night's (October 3) Late Late Show.
    The 17-year-old actress, best known for playing Arya Stark in the HBO fantasy series, will chat about her role in the new Irish comedy film Gold.
    Williams will also talk about auditioning for Game of Thrones, what it's like being part of such a hugely-successful show and her plans for the future.
    Sing hitmaker Ed Sheeran will also be making an appearance, talking to Ryan as well as performing.
    And Ivan Yates will talk about his career, bankruptcy and his media career.
    Watch The Late Late Show at 9.35pm on RTÉ One this Friday.

We're very excited that Maisie_Williams from Game of Thrones will be joining The Late Late Show line-up this week! Our audience is fully booked but we have reserved some special seats for ultimate GOT fans. If you have a unique Game of Thro...nes story to share we want to hear from you! If you like to dress up as Daenerys Targaryen, if you named your dog Tyrion Lannister, got a tattoo of 'The Needle' or are you fluent in Dothraki? We want to hear from you! Email your photos to LateLateExtra@rte.ie, Subject Title: Game of Thrones, please include your name, age, location and tell us a little bit about yourself. #LateLate Game of Thrones Clothing Ireland

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6uVZSifzemQsCBDVadbMONsWrsuRgwy1bMveMFmfbNtXaPdLD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Was looking like a reasonably good show.....
    ghiertal wrote: »
    We're very excited that Maisie_Williams from Game of Thrones will be joining The Late Late Show line-up this week! Our audience is fully booked but we have reserved some special seats for ultimate GOT fans. If you have a unique Game of Thro...nes story to share we want to hear from you! If you like to dress up as Daenerys Targaryen, if you named your dog Tyrion Lannister, got a tattoo of 'The Needle' or are you fluent in Dothraki? We want to hear from you! Email your photos to LateLateExtra@rte.ie, Subject Title: Game of Thrones, please include your name, age, location and tell us a little bit about yourself. #LateLate Game of Thrones Clothing Ireland

.....and then he went and Ryan Tubbsed it all up.

Won't be creepy for the young one at all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,762 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Now you're getting the hang of it, ghiertal!

Kittehs and Puppehs...squee is restored :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,762 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Methinks there may also be an item on Billie Barry (RIP).

• Registered Users Posts: 85,210 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Ed does his cover of the Hozier's song

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Ed Sheeran covering Hozier. There's my least favourite song ever and I've not even heard it. I know a double negative equals a positive but not in that case. ; p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 msfantasticme

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Would love to hear it too! Just got a snippet on the radio earlier. Wonder if the man himself approves?

Jaysus, somebody provide a link, quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 msfantasticme

Birneybau wrote: »

Bit overzealous there, oops!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

Bit of a let down from margo

Methinks there may also be an item on Billie Barry (RIP).

Very doubtful....because it would make sense.

Judging by the dress up request I think the producers are late teens/early twenties, or at least the larger body of work is on them.

Billie Barry kids, (love or loathe) and the toy show, are as much an institution as the LLS itself....with the exception of that time Twink pulled a Fine Gael and got her own crew from the Adele King school in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Birneybau wrote: »
    Bit overzealous there, oops!

Ah, alright then ...

Skid X wrote: »
    Ah, alright then ...

My EARS!*

*didn't actually listen to link.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Maisie Williams is brilliant. A fantastic actress portraying a great character in Game of Thrones. Just a shame Tubridy will be the one asking the questions and I shudder to think how the interaction with the "fans" will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭squonk

"So Maisie, Who do you think Enda Kenny is most like on Game Of Thrones?" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,650 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Will he squeeze in Paul McGinley and Padraig ehhhhh Harrignton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I will only be watching so that I can fire abuse at the guests (and host) on this thread.. thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Delorentos will be performing LIVE in The Late Late Show studio tomorrow night. Would you like to be there? Email LateLateExtra@rte.ie for your chance to win 2 tickets. Don't forget to include your name, age, location & why you love the band...

THE PARENTS OF James Foley, the American journalist beheaded by the Islamic State group, will appear on the Late Late Show this evening.
    John and Diane Foley will sit down with Ryan Tubridy to discuss the kidnap and murder of their eldest son.
    James made international headlines when the Islamic State group, who had kidnapped him two years previously, released a video.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭squonk

THE PARENTS OF James Foley, the American journalist beheaded by the Islamic State group, will appear on the Late Late Show this evening.
    John and Diane Foley will sit down with Ryan Tubridy to discuss the kidnap and murder of their eldest son.
    James made international headlines when the Islamic State group, who had kidnapped him two years previously, released a video.

That's such a sad tragedy. I'm left wondering though, is a Friday night chat show really the best medium for that sort of story? I groaned when I read they were appearing. There's so much crap and things that make you mad, fed up or just disillusioned in the news 7 days a week, is it unreasonable to expect a Friday night show to be a bit of a laugh that you can watch with a glass of wine and kick back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

THE PARENTS OF James Foley, the American journalist beheaded by the Islamic State group, will appear on the Late Late Show this evening. James made international headlines when the Islamic State group, who had kidnapped him two years previously, released a video.

Tubridy will be all over this...

Tubs: "Mr Foley, your son was beheaded by the Islamic State earlier this year... Let's just look at a clip of that....."

• Registered Users Posts: 54,650 ✭✭✭✭walshb

squonk wrote: »
    That's such a sad tragedy. I'm left wondering though, is a Friday night chat show really the best medium for that sort of story? I groaned when I read they were appearing. There's so much crap and things that make you mad, fed up or just disillusioned in the news 7 days a week, is it unreasonable to expect a Friday night show to be a bit of a laugh that you can watch with a glass of wine and kick back?

It's not the best medium, but it hasn't stopped the Late Late from churning out these misery slots for years and years. It's a dead feel show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Late late, get your grubby hands off things I like...........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Tubridy will be all over this...

Tubs: "Mr Foley, your son was beheaded by the Islamic State earlier this year... Let's just look at a clip of that....."

Roll it there Roisin...

Tubs: 'So the son was behended *wink*, sure how was that, it must have been awful *sad face*

Foley's: 'Well yes, we..'

Tubbs: 'Foley, as I'm sure you well know, is an Irish name. Tell me this and tell me no more, did he have a chance to visit Ireland, you know, before Isis start acting the maggot?'

I dread it. The poor people will think it's Candid Camera.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

For Reals wrote: »
    Tubs: 'So the son was behended *wink*, sure how was that, it must have been awful *sad face*

Foley's: 'Well yes, we..'

Tubbs: 'Foley, as I'm sure you well know, is an Irish name. Tell me this and tell me no more, did he have a chance to visit Ireland, you know, before Isis start acting the maggot?'

I dread it. The poor people will think it's Candid Camera.

Don't forget "And if James' killers are watching this tonight, what would you like to say to them?"

ruskin wrote: »
    Don't forget "And if James' killers are watching this tonight, what would you like to say to them?"

Totally, he so might, all joking aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hope Ivan does not have to follow Foley's parents on:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hooray puppehs and kittehs in first post.

Hiccup.

*falls off couch*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

amdublin wrote: »
    Hooray puppehs and kittehs in first post.

Hiccup.

*falls off couch*

:D:D:D

***helps you up and falls behind WM's***

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Nothing wrong with a bit of ambition Simon, Mr. T was a lovely lad.

That is where he excels, he would be a great on a program similar to John Kelly...and he is brilliant with children on the LLS Toy Show on the book slot...:)

Advertisement