Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy kicked out of college for having sex with a woman!!!

Options
  • 25-09-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Among the key pieces of evidence that John and his legal team are relying on are two text messages that Jane had sent before going to John's room, one to him asking if he had a condom and another to a friend from her hometown saying "I'mgoingtohave sex now" (sic).

"The thing is I have no clue what I was thinking," Jane later told investigators. "I would never have done that if I had been sober … I don't know what was going through my head."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/occidental-sexual-assault-2014-9#ixzz3EMKV1J30

Two drunk people have consensual sex. The man is blamed for this and gets kicked out of college while the woman is treated like a victim.

I think this trivialises rape and damages actual victims of sexual assault.

Is this what extreme 'liberalism' and a certain type of feminism has brought to the world?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Your username is longer than the thread title. This trivialises usernames and actual people with normal length usernames.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Your username is longer than the thread title. This trivialises usernames and actual people with normal length usernames.

:D

Mocha (moth), a European moth of the Geometridae family; its scientific name is Cyclophora annularia.

Joe (magazine), periodical developed originally for Kenyan youth.

To be fair I would never trivialise your username.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

They got drunk. She texted him to ask if he had a condom then called to his and accused him of sexual assault after because she couldnt remember?

If you replace it with cake.

Hey, do you have cake? Texts her friend, i am going to johns to have cake. Goes to Johns to have cake and the next day blames John for her having cake.

This woman needs to learn some personal responsibility.

I think that this guy doesnt deserve this permanent stigma

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Two drunk people have consensual sex. The man is blamed for this and gets kicked out of college while the woman is treated like a victim.

I think this trivialises rape and damages actual victims of sexual assault.

Is this what extreme 'liberalism' and a certain type of feminism has brought to the world?

A drunk person cannot give consent. Legally; a woman can not rape a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

TheZohan wrote: »

Does that mean a drunk woman shouldn't be allowed have sex for her own protection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

That's what needs to change.

He was drunk too, surely this is "unconsented" consentual sex.

People need to just cop on, they chose to drink, if they wanted to be in control of their choices, they need to drink less.

both are at fault, here.
    __
    @OP, I also agree, this trivialises rape.
    This was not rape. It was 2 drunk people, doing something they now regret. This is stupidity and both knew they were likely to do something stupid, by getting p!ssed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

So if I have a few bottles of wine with my girlfriend and we mess around she cannot consent to anything we then do?

I'm at the mercy of her 'goodwill' that I won't be publicly accused of being a rapist!

Is that the logic here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

They can with an object.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

So if I have a few bottles of wine with my girlfriend and we mess around she cannot consent to anything we then do?

I'm at the mercy of her 'goodwill' that I won't be publicly accused of being a rapist!

Is that the logic here?

Pretty much. Its not the first time a girl gets drunk and regrets having sex or doesn't remember it so claims she was raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

All I see is a woman who had sex with a guy and the morning after, she was ultimately embarrassed so she decided to call it sexual assault to alleviate her embarrassment....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

I find it offensive that this stuff even makes it to trial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Yeah but it's not a legal issue till one or more persons choose to make it one. A drunk person can give consent to have sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 karl99

That's just ridiculous, a real case of blame the man for the mistake of both parties !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I don't know that the idea of the woman as always the victim is due to liberalism/feminism. Could be wrong though. I know some feminism certainly perpetuates it, but not sure that it created it. If anything, it's a conservative/traditional notion.
    A drunk person cannot give consent.
    Surely there's a scale? Drunk can mean giggly and slurry and goofy all the way to passed out and crumped in a heap. The latter is obviously the state of a person who cannot give consent, but I don't know about the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

A drunk person cannot give consent. Legally; a woman can not rape a man .

They can physically though. You can bet your ass on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I've had women turn up knowing I've got a girlfriend turn up with a bottle of Jack and after the bottle was drank we did the bad thing

All in all I regretted it but I'm pretty sure at some point I sorta consented
    Now it turns out I was raped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

They can with an object.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

K4t wrote: »
    Yeah but it's not a legal issue till one or more persons choose to make it one. A drunk person can give consent to have sex.

Apparently, legally you can't give consent. Totally ridiculous, but there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Thats pretty ridiculous. I feel sorry for the guy. Its quite obvious it was consensual and she must know the effect it would have on his life if she decides to call it rape. Nasty bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

woodoo wrote: »
    Thats pretty ridiculous. I feel sorry for the guy. Its quite obvious it was consensual and she must know the effect it would have on his life if she decides to call it rape. Nasty bitch.

It's a shitty situation alright, she was too drunk to remember giving consent but he was equally drunk so it's a big grey area. It's never a good idea to get it on with someone paralytic drunk but if you're that bad as well then your judgement is equally as impaired as hers. If it was a case of she was pissed and he was sober then ok that's clear cut taking advantage, but both people bladdered to the point of nearly blacking out? big can of worms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭alias no.9

How far can this incapacity to consent be extended? For example if a drunk driver agrees to blow into a breathalyser and registers a positive reading, should that automatically be inadmissible as evidence since it was, by default, taken without their consent?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

They got drunk. She texted him to ask if he had a condom then called to his and accused him of sexual assault after because she couldnt remember?

If you replace it with cake.

Hey, do you have cake? Texts her friend, i am going to johns to have cake. Goes to Johns to have cake and the next day blames John for her having cake.

This woman needs to learn some personal responsibility.

I think that this guy doesnt deserve this permanent stigma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SligoQueries

Recently a woman was arrested for raping herself. Apparently, she got real drunk, felt lonely, and fooled around with a couple of dildos. In the backdoor, dp, the lot. In the morning, she realised she couldn't possibly have gave herself consent to do that, and called the cops. She's on the Self-offending Sex Offenders list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Some of the 'jokes' are very unfunny.

People are saying that a woman cannot legally give consent if drunk.

It's not quite so clear cut. Under the influence of alcohol, you CAN give consent. So if you're having a few bottles of wine or beer with your OH, and do the deed after, it's not rape.

It's rape (under current laws), if the woman cannot give informed consent. So, if she's paralytic, blacks out, puking, can't remember the next day - they're all clear signs she can't/couldn't give informed consent.

However, I agree that the law is totally unfair to men. If the man in question was sober, then yah, he ttook advantage. But it seems that he was equally drunk, so considering his own intellect was impacted upon by alcohol consumption, how the hell was he to know that the woman wasn't giving informed consent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Shouldbekickedoutofcollege for not using spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It's cases exactly like this one which make me automatically question rape stats, especially as they pertain to colleges. If this kind of bollocks is routinely included in such statistics, they are a complete waste and prove nothing except that some people love to blame everyone else for their own mistakes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Apparently, legally you can't give consent. Totally ridiculous, but there you go.
    Which does open up the question of personal responsibility in other areas. IE if you're drunk and someone suggests you drive a car could you be exonerated because you were drunk and therefore couldn't give real consent? Like hell you would be. And rightly.

In this case I'd say GTFO you silly cow and the environment she operates in that takes this guff seriously.

He was drunk too apparently so why doesn't he call "rape"? Apparenty he couldn't give consent either. But oh wait... the man is always at fault and the woman is always a victim.

That's the beaut in these scenarios, the man not only has to take responsibility for his actions, he also has to take responsibility for hers. Basically she's absolved because she's got internal gonads and therefore apparently has no responsibility or agency over her actions. Nice one you daft third wave feminists with your BS, you've just stuck women back in the 19th century. You've made them children who can't have responsibility, or that is diminished because of their gender. Ironic and moronic in equal measure.

Thank christ the majority of women don't buy into this bullshít, but too much of the mainstream is.

The tragedy and joke is this poor bastard has been kicked out of university. Even though she went to him and fcuked him willingly(and her texts prove this), but because she has a change of heart and can blame diminished responsibility(because of her gender), he loses out and his life is potentially if not actually ruined. He can kiss goodbye to another US college looking at him for a start.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

That's the part that needs to be changed. Legally, rape should be having sex with someone without their consent. The law should be 100% gender neutral - as indeed should the entire statute book.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cork2

Definitely a law made by a woman!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

It's cases exactly like this one which make me automatically question rape stats, especially as they pertain to colleges. If this kind of bollocks is routinely included in such statistics, they are a complete waste and prove nothing except that some people love to blame everyone else for their own mistakes.

With regards to colleges, can't comment.

In general, rape stats in Ireland aren't really impacted by this kind of rape case. They're few and far between, as far as convictions go.

Advertisement