Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 3 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Even though this game is clearly over there's an odd morbid curiosity of just how bad can it get that's keeping me from going to sleep...

I think the Colts went 55 points up on the Titans if I am right a few years back (Manning era) before giving up 2 late TDs. This is fast entering that territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Can't watch anymore of this, I'm out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

kmart6 wrote: »
    Can't watch anymore of this, I'm out!

You could miss the greatest comeback in NFL history....

Refs are taking pity, because it's impossible for that not to be a facepalm penalty.

Jeez, that's a soft fumble from Rainey there - huge hole, no big hit, just a hand dislodging the ball. Sure he'll sit after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

fumblegeddon

How many fumbles can one game have?

Another now from Atlanta, fantastic Denis Rodman impression from Goldson to keep it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,561 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

poldebruin wrote: »
    Jeez, that's a soft fumble from Rainey there - huge hole, no big hit, just a hand dislodging the ball. Sure he'll sit after that.
    And now we know why he is only a backup and not a starter somewhere on big money.

Take out the penalties and Hester has probably double the yards of TB's entire offense just through returns.

Great catch and throw. All on the back of a needless personal foul penalty on Tampa. It's 42-0 and it feels like 60-0.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Are the Bics throwing this on purpose? Their effort is a disgrace

Didn't someone bet on over 52.5 points in the game - we're getting there.

Great catch by Jones.

Meanwhile, TB have one more passing yard gained than penalties given up. And less than half the rushing yards gained than penalty yards given up. In total, 17 more yards earned than penalty yards given up, and I would imagine more turnovers than first downs.

Hazys wrote: »
    Are the Bics throwing this on purpose? Their effort is a disgrace

I was actually thinking something similar. There seems to be absolutely no effort. Fumbles without hits. Crushing penalties. Terrible coverage. No pass rush, awful special teams.

Atlanta have been far from perfect tonight, with 3 of their own turnovers.

....seriously? Told you it was like the Superbowl.

poldebruin wrote: »
    Didn't someone bet on over 52.5 points in the game - we're getting there.

Under. Fecking under. :p

Got 5/2 on it at 21-0,but the hurting never stopped. Was hoping it had slowed down in the second half and the Falcons would run it. They even stopped Jackson for a loss.

Then that clown gave up a clownish roughness penalty like a clown.

Well in fairness Atlanta have tried to slow it down, but Tampa won't let them. Here, have a fumble on our 3 yard line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

All 53 Buccaneers players and coaching staff should be cut tomorrow morning...this is the worst showing i've ever seen in the NFL. Never have i ever seen such a lack of effort.

Holy Jesus.

I came here right after the TD, didn't even wait for the extra point, and made 2 quick posts. Turn game pass back on and the Falcons have the ball on the TB 2 somehow, and waltz it in, Stephen Jackson pretty much spinning the ball on his finger as he crossed over.

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    All 53 Buccaneers players and coaching staff should be cut tomorrow morning...this is the worst showing i've ever seen in the NFL. Never have i ever seen such a lack of effort.
    It really has to be right up there, just makes absolutely no sense.

I really cannot remember a worse performance, been watching since 2002...ironically the season the Bucs won the SB.

yeah commentators letting that td in is the embarrassment

What the hell? Tampa know Atlanta are going to rush the ball and they let it go for a 40 yard score ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

still not as bad a game as vikings giants last year

Is the biggest loss in NFL history possible here - might we be rewarded for staying up and slogging through this by witnessing history? 73-0 is the current record I think.

And now Atlanta's backups continue to make TB look like amateurs.

The record loss in NFL history is 73 - 0, only 17 points away. No guarantee of course, but that record had stood since 1940.

that looks like a fumble to me! The falcons are actually taking pity now. how embarrassing.

push offf not called for mercy td

When all is said and done, I have watched Denver do the very same thing.....in a Super Bowl.....3 times.

• Advertisement

Even mike Carry pretty much admitting the refs feel sorry for the Bucs now, hate how the "push off" is barely ever called but defensive PI is called so often, even at times for getting pushed off of.

Mike Glennon has to be given the starters job. McCown has shown to be nothing more than a good backup these few games, and to be fair Glennon has been ok (not special but nothing terrible) tonight with absolutely nothing going on around him. 16/23, 117 yards and the TD.

Advertisement