Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

beauf wrote: »
    The vast majority are UK cars.
    Well UK registered... There's always a few dealers who haven't VRT'd the cars and take them on the trip. I saw a 430 being towed away by customs a few years ago because it was on 'garage plates'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I don't see how they could have Irish tax or NCT in that case either.

beauf wrote: »
    I don't see how they could have Irish tax or NCT in that case either.
    Because they've been exported to Ireland and are being driven on Irish roads. The cops were just acting the bollox.

They could fine them and make them pay the VRT. Even impound the car. But legally could they fine them for not having a NCT? or Irish tax? Anyway there enough cops around if they wanted to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

I drove down to the M3 toll booth on my lunch. On route I joined a convoy of cars including some old American yoke and a C63 AMG. Amazing sound from the merc. Think I missed most of the cars but did get to hear a white Lamborghini Aventador? gun it out of the booth :-)
    Edit: I did see a Garda Traffic Corps car drive by shortly after the last of them but no way was it going to catch them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Thats mad, I drove past the point last night at 23:30 and didnt see any cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Anyone have pics/vids from this morning? Have to say my interest in the event has seriously waned recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Greg81

Photos later tonight.

As for the teaser...

15216370605_18c5a2cfc6_b.jpgReally nice rims :) by kurzew, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Start was delayed for about one hour or maybe a little bit more. One car (english reg, white GTR) was stoped by Garda but no action was taken. Russel Hotel was a nice place to take a photo. Cannonball shoould be in Sligo now. Btw i thoought they may drive a bit faster :)

Few shots from the morning.

DSC_0004_zps85f39cac.jpg DSC_0268_zps3cc36f29.jpg DSC_0533_zpsb711d63e.jpg DSC_0248_zps574a76ec.jpg DSC_0232_zps528e6426.jpg DSC_0012_zpsce36f340.jpg DSC_0119_zpsb09a3c80.jpg DSC_0005_zpscc6791dc.jpg DSC_0164_zps12080fbe.jpg DSC_0217_zpsa0afca02.jpg

• Advertisement

Not liking the Huracan at all to be honest..I'd much prefer the Aventador and Superleggera's. Great selection of cars but the F40 is noticeably absent this year :(

Nice shots as always Greg, I was expecting tons of pics and vids but there seems to be very few online :confused:

Lots of Lambo's this year and a handful of new M4's :cool: :

When i saw photos from O2 Arena yesterday i knew it's gonna be very hard to take some photos there. When i came there at 7:30am today it was hard to take photos because cars were parked very close. Not much space between them what's make ot very hard. I wasn't happy with the way they parked at all...
    Tu2fYkF.jpg
    WVOPXIb.jpg
    iOJEHV4.jpg
    Zw4Kdjr.jpg
    5L6h37g.jpg
    KmYr8jZ.jpg
    L0Is7Ug.jpg
    SVuHL1O.jpg
    ttmu0Ky.jpg
    wbOsU83.jpg
    jmBiiCP.jpg
    afW01dH.jpg

GfpuLRX.jpg
    JBhXILo.jpg
    azThTkD.jpg

I wasn't happy at all with this year Cannonball. Not even one good photo taken until i got this shot:
    EGOvikX.jpg

Then i decide to go to Cavan where they had a lunch. I left Dublin after whole start was finish and i still get to Russel Slieve Hotel before some of the cars. I didn't know the road so i had to catch some group of cars and follow them. They are driving faster than typical irish driver but not faster than me :D I passed few Cannonballers and then find a group of few of them driviing together so i decide to drive with them to destination. That was funny when some people on the bridges on the motorway were waving to me when i was driving on my own without any Cannonball car, the same in some villages. I need to do Cannonball next year.

Russell Hotel was packed with crowds but it was much, much better than Dublin with background and i found a place without people and i could take some i think good photos. Now i'm thinking if i should go Cahir and Tullamore on Sunday...
    R1ILBRO.jpg
    BCmE02W.jpg
    jJJ3Qod.jpg
    xRRlMUD.jpg
    phevRdh.jpg
    KPORtiY.jpg
    c0oiA2y.jpg
    Lq0zjC2.jpg
    XzODcfQ.jpg
    58YzPHe.jpg
    iNhMMXk.jpg
    YxnB0ds.jpg

By the way, few cars were missing. F12 didn;t show up at all, SLR 722 broke down and the owner came with Murcielago. IT's still better than last year. Enjoy!

By the way, few cars were missing. F12 didn;t show up at all, SLR 722 broke down and the owner came with Murcielago. IT's still better than last year. Enjoy!

I noticed that too, Cannonball website had pics of a lovely yellow F12 that was supposed to attend but looks like it didn't show up? Great pics as usual Marcin

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

That red Diablo is a dog. 6.0 front end, GTR badge, mirrors in the wrong place, murcielago wheels, SV engine lid I think... It's like a chop shop job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Does someone own that I8 or is it just BMW Ireland driving it around as a marketing strategy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

bear1 wrote: »
    Does someone own that I8 or is it just BMW Ireland driving it around as a marketing strategy?

Seems to be a bmw Ireland car and the one to have if you like to attract girls in their smalls....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Sure I always attract women like that with my cow ****e green S40....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

Fantastic V8 sounds there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Great pics. The tyre size and suspension setup in the front end of the Huracan is really bugging me, looks terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

Great pics. The tyre size and suspension setup in the front end of the Huracan is really bugging me, looks terrible.

Too much space on the front arches takes from the whole look.

ofcork wrote: »
    Too much space on the front arches takes from the whole look.

"Nose" is up to go through the speed bumps.

BTW. All lambos with nose up looks ridiculous.

7606106034_8eddb6d480_b.jpg

I was wondering that when I was looking at them. I kinda guessed it was some ramp setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

If anyone has info on where we might get a chance to see the cars in Dublin again, please share! Some of them are bound to return after Tullamore.

• Advertisement

FreeFallin wrote: »
    If anyone has info on where we might get a chance to see the cars in Dublin again, please share! Some of them are bound to return after Tullamore.

UK cars will probably going back home tomorrow, so you might see them somewhere on ferry. I guess they stay in Tullamore for after party.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement