Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Top 10: Best Female Valet's

Options
  • 11-07-2014 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭

This week we list the top ten female valet's of all time. So the rules are as follows

1. You can vote for any wrestler from any recognised promotion (ROH, WWE, TNA, Chikara, NJPW, Dragongate etc)
    2. You can only vote for 5 in order of preference from 5-1. 5th place equals 1 point, 4th equals 2 and so on
    3. All votes count. No agruing with anyone else's choices. What they decide is completely up to them so do not judge them for their opinions.
    4. Results are final. Voting will close each Wednesday at midnight. Votes after this time will not count
    5. In any non-gimmick round, votes will carry to their most popular name. However, you cannot vote for a person with different gimmicks (AKA Cody Rhodes and Stardust, only one will be taken from that vote)

So my top 5 are as follows!

5. Torrie Wilson
    4. Sable
    3. Vickie Guerrero
    2. "Sensational" Sherri Martel
    1. Miss Elizabeth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Elizabeth was the greatest of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

1. Elizabeth
    2. Sherri
    3. Sable
    4. Trish
    5. Stephanie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

For me the term Valet equates to female who always accompanied “her” wrestler/s to the ring (and basically played manager). Made my votes out to reflect this.

1. Miss Elizabeth (Macho Man, Lex Luger): The first and probably the best. She was Macho’s shadow throughout most of his career. Not real need to point out that made her so great.

2. Lita (Essa Rios, Hardyz, Edge) : An old fashion Valet with the odd hurricanrana thrown in. You may think I rate her too highly but I’d easily argue she made the Rated R Edge gimmick that was so perfect. Was always entertaining from the early Esso Rios to her link with Matt & Jeff.

3. Sable (HHH, Marc Mero, Vince Mcmahon) : Fairly meh start when she tagged with Hunter but she her stuff with Mero was fantastic. A superstar that would only a matter of time surpass he wrestler.

4. "Sensational" Sherri Martel (Macho, Ted Dibeiase, Shawn Michaels): When there was only two, she was everything Liz was not. An evil “we love to hate” witch. Akin to Lita it’s hard not to place huge important in their influence in getting HBK and boy toy character over.

5. Stephanie Mcmahon (HHH): You are feuding with the boss. No better Valet than the bosses daughter

Honorable mentions Trish, Sunny, Melina, Missy Hyatt, Debra, Traci Brooks, Shelly Martinez (Selina), Torrie Wilson, Luna Vachon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

1.Sensational Sherri
    2.Miss Elizabeth
    3.Sunny
    4.Trish Stratus
    5.Sable

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

1. Sensational Sherri - Great heel, could do her bit in the ring, and added something to the match while at ringside. Worked with more all-time legends than anyone else.

2. Vickie Guerrero - if anything, she got too much heat! One of a handful to manage a World champion, which is pretty much the pinnacle achievement for a valet.

3. Chyna - Added a great dynamic to the early DX incarnation.

4. Miss Elizabeth - the classiest lady in wrestling. She didn't actually do an awful lot (anyone else remember when she no-sold getting punched in the face by Jake the Snake?) which is why I don't rate her number 1.

5. Sunny - The least classy lady in wrestling! Still, she changed what being a valet was about, and was a trailblazer for the likes of Trish, Terri, Torrie, Stacy, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

. Sensational Sherri - Great heel, she was the queen bee of heel heat. Got more boo's and hatred directed at her than most of the male performers at times.

2. Vickie Guerrero - Same as above, but sometimes took the shine off her clients. Still great at what she did.

3. Sable - Was full of a character wanting to get out and was used perfectly with HHH briefly and Marc Mero there after.

4. Miss Elizabeth - Did what she did well, cant fault her but she wasnt a stand out character either.

5. Sunny - Did her job well and was a precursor to some of the divas in the years following her. Always liked her work with the godwins and smoking gunns in her early WWE years.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

1. Sensational Sherri
    2. Miss Elizabeth
    3. Lita
    4. Stephanie McMahon
    5. Debra / Sable (tie)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

1. Sensational Sherri
    2. Miss Elizabeth
    3. Lita
    4. Stephanie McMahon
    5. Vickie / Debra / Sable / Sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

1. Sensational Sherri
    2. Miss Elizabeth
    3. Lita
    4. Stephanie McMahon
    5. Vickie / Debra / Sable / Sunny
    Ah here!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ok Sunny / Sable :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

1. Queen Sherri (when I started watching)
    2. Elizabeth (always remember the proposal and the Match made in heaven)
    3. Lita (think was the first I saw when I came back to wrestling)
    4. Trish (she knew we wanted to see T&A)
    5. Steph/Vickie (both great at drawing heat)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

1)Miss Elizabeth.

2)Sensational Sherri.

3)Marlena/Terri Runnels.

4)Sunny/Tammy Lynn Sytch.

5)Francine.

1)Miss Elizabeth.

2)Sensational Sherri.

3)Marlena/Terri Runnels.

4)Sunny/Tammy Lynn Sytch.

5)Francine.
    Will have to make a new rule you are only allowed one tie and only between 2 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Will have to make a new rule you are only allowed one tie and only between 2 people.

They are the same person not ties ;)

Different names in different companies.

There are the same person not ties ;)
    Can't believe I didn't notice that. This is what happens when you have a crazy weekend folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

1) Sherri. Hands down the best valet of all time. She was untouchable and is the measuring stick that very valet should be held against. She got enough heat without drawing attention away from her client, while also allowing herself to not become lost in the background.

2) Miss Elizabeth. Pure class. Her timings and facial expressions told a million different stories, and like Sherri she knew how to let her client shine and not get lost in the background. Only thing she is missing to make her take the top spot is she wasn't diverse enough to be able to work with different types of clients.

3) Sunny. The original Diva. She took the world by Storm and for a very good reason. You could argue that she stood out more than her clients, but to be fair her clients weren't all exactly charismatic gents, so it didn't matter.

4) Francine. The Queen of Extreme and someone that people unfairly seem to forget about. She was more than willing to get involved in ring with the boys and at the drop of a hat could become a very dangerous person in the corner.

5) Vikie. Talk about obtaining heat! Who would have guessed she would become of the biggest heels in wrestling?!? It just seemed so natural to her, even though she is meant to be a sweetheart and a very sincere person.

I didn't include the likes it Trish or Lita as I remember them more for their wrestling skills rather than being a valet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

5.Debra(because 15 year old me said she'd get it!)
    4.Sable(because 15 year old me said she'd get it!)
    3.Terri Runnels (because 15 year old me said she'd get it!)
    2.Jacqueline(because 15 year old me said she'd get it!)
    1.Trish(because any age me says she'd get it!)

Anyone spot my hormonal teenage phase?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Sunny, Sherri, Elizabeth, sable, Maria kenellis

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

5.aj Lee
    4.lita
    3.miss Elizabeth
    2.stacy keibler
    1.thrish status

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭Daith

1) Sherri Martel: Has influenced pretty much everyone who came after. Adapted to suit the people she was with. The only person could match the Macho Man crazy for crazy. She took some bumps too (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBQRsIW6zeg#t=1628)

2) Elizabeth: Just pure class

3) Chyna: Not sure if she's a valet but then Sherri was always referred to as a manager. Chyna actually gave HHH heat and elevated him. Other female wrestlers did the compete against the boys thing but Chyna was the best example. Her personal history excludes her from the WWE history at the moment but maybe in time....

4) Woman: Sadly due to her being a WCW person she never got the same publicity of a Sherri or Elizabeth.

5) Vickie: Fair play to her. was great in her role and managed to become her own person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Daith wrote: »
    1) Sherri Martel: Has influenced pretty much everyone who came after. Adapted to suit the people she was with. The only person could match the Macho Man crazy for crazy. She took some bumps too (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBQRsIW6zeg#t=1628)

2) Elizabeth: Just pure class

3) Chyna: Not sure if she's a valet but then Sherri was always referred to as a manager. Chyna actually gave HHH heat and elevated him. Other female wrestlers did the compete against the boys thing but Chyna was the best example. Her personal history excludes her from the WWE history at the moment but maybe in time....

4) Woman: Sadly due to her being a WCW person she never got the same publicity of a Sherri or Elizabeth.

5) Vickie: Fair play to her. was great in her role and managed to become her own person

If this was top 6 I would have easily given Woman my number 6 spot. It's a shame more people don't give her credit for just how good she was

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

1) Sherri
    2) Vickie G
    3) Sunny
    4) Marlena
    5) Elizabeth

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

surprised nobody has mentioned lana yet. she has only been on tv a few months but she is fantastic in her role.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

rossie1977 wrote: »
    surprised nobody has mentioned lana yet. she has only been on tv a few months but she is fantastic in her role.

I like her but would like to see her show a bit more than just "Rusev CRUSH!" before I'd be adding her to any best of lists (bar best arse obviously which she has already won).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

My top 5:
    1. Sherri
    2. Missy Hyatt
    3. Sunny
    4. Stephanie McMahon
    5. Maria Kanellis

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Well this seemed to die a quick death

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

It's a slow day in work and everyone else is on their holidays, so I totted up the scores:

Points Rank
    Sherri Martel 68 1
    Miss Elizabeth 60 2
    Sunny 22 3
    Vickie Guerrero 17 4
    Sable 16 5
    Trish Stratus 16 5
    Lita 15 7
    Stephanie McMahon 9 8
    Terri Runnels 8 9
    Chyna 6 10
    Jacqueline 4 11
    Stacy Kiebler 4 11
    Missy Hyatt 4 11
    Francine 3 14
    Debra 2 15
    Maria Kenellis 2 15
    Woman 2 15
    Torrie Wilson 1 18
    A.J. Lee 1 18

Where more than one person was mentioned, I just took the first name. Not that it would change much because Sherri and Miss Elizabeth were the runaway winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Damn ... just saw this. Would've thrown in a few names.

Molly Holly and Melina ... but Sherri is a deserving number 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Always felt Elizabeth was bland. Sherri on the other hand was the greatest.

1. Sherri - best heel valet bar none.
    2. Sunny - innovator of Divas
    3. Steph - she was just do detestable late 90s early 2000s
    4. Dawn Marie - her bimbo gimmick in ECW was great
    5. Lacey (ROH) - personal favourite. Played a great total bitch.

I've left out the likes of Trish and Lita as I feel their legacy is in ring rather than out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

I feel like I somehow missed most of these so I'll do a very short list

1. Vickie Guerrero: Great at getting heat basically all for herself but managed to get it onto whoever she was with too, don't think anyone died a death after being with her either but I might be mistaken
    2. Sunny: Actually think she maybe had that issue Flair has as a manager where she took all the heat herself, but suspect she could've helped make a superstar if she was paired up with the right person.
    3. Karen Angle: Fantastic heel, may have been trouble if she was paired up with someone significantly lower down on the card than who she was, but she was a natural ...does she count though?
    4. Stephanie: Obviously very good but sometimes veered into annoying and could easily take the whole thing over due to having so much control.

Struggling to think of others I feel a need to mention, even. That Kristal one seemed fierce annoying but I can't remember if they were able to use that effectively.

Advertisement