Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G 16GB LG G2 €299 Groupon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

Seems very good value alright.
    I would defo buy this before any sort of Samsung shi*e, if I didn't already have a Nexus 5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Have this phone and it's unbelievably good. Great camera, screen and the battery last for ages.

Great bargain.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

I agree its a great phone, only issue I have is can't get 4g on Three yet. Three haven't released/approved the upgrade for it on their network in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭fm

very good price,anyone dealt with this seller before?will a vat receipt be issued normally?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Amazing price for anyone interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Does anyone know how this phone compares with the refurbished I-phone 4 (€299) and I-phone4S (€329) being offered on grabone today?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Streets ahead of both.
    The 4 and 4 s are years behind it.

The LG is a great phone for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

Molzer2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how this phone compares with the refurbished I-phone 4 (€299) and I-phone4S (€329) being offered on grabone today?

Not even in the same league, G2 way ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭podge3

Anyone with this phone find there is a long delay from taking the phone away from you ear to the screen becoming active again? Seems like the proximity sensor is very slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

galway008 wrote: »
    I agree its a great phone, only issue I have is can't get 4g on Three yet. Three haven't released/approved the upgrade for it on their network in Ireland.

Really? I use 4G switcher app and i can receive 4G / LTE

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭theintern

Three have rolled out 4G, including in Galway which is where you are I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I had an LG G2 which I sold in February and had the same issue with it. The problem is the version of the firmware on the phone has LTE disabled. The only way you are going to get it to work is to put a different ROM on it that has LTE enabled. People who have a G2 that originated outside of Europe will most likely have firmware that does have LTE enabled. It's not clear whether version of the firmware from this groupon will have LTE enabled or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KBRADY

Deal had expired but back on Groupon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

KBRADY wrote: »
    Deal had expired but back on Groupon

It wont let me buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭r27

Purchased one of these yesterday, does anybody know roughly how long the delivery will take ?
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

r27 wrote: »
    Purchased one of these yesterday, does anybody know roughly how long the delivery will take ?
    Thanks

Where do you go to or how do you buy it? The website is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭r27

I had visited the deal a few days ago so the page was in my history, couldn't find it when I went to look for it on the website directly first. Seens gone now and the page in my history just takes me to the groupon homepage, despite te deal saying there was 6 days left
    Confusing to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gyro71

Digitalism wrote: »
    Where do you go to or how do you buy it? The website is terrible.

it's still there, click on the 'Goods' section along the top and its in there

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ChriisM

Pity they don't have the 32gb version, the Spanish Groupon did. I'll hold out for the g3 such a beautiful phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

ChriisM wrote: »
    Pity they don't have the 32gb version, the Spanish Groupon did. I'll hold out for the g3 such a beautiful phone.

It is but I could argue with you that including the price the G2 could possibly be a better phone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭framework123

Anybody receive there phone from this offer yet? Was everything ok with it?
    Ordered mine last weekend but haven't got any tracking info or anything for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gyro71

Yeah I got mine on Tuesday, Its a great phone!! huge improvement from my iphone 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nedcoon

I got this phone recently. The charger isn't working though. It's supplied with an LG branded European power charger and a non-LG branded 3 pin adapter. The cable works but thats all. I've been tring to contact the company who supplied it through Groupon and so far they haven't been too helpful. I think it's worth buying from a bigger company you know. At least then , if there are any problems it's a lot easier to get it resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ThePhilip

Is this offer still on? Trying to find it on Groupon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I had a similar problem recently. Contact LG via the website contact form and they should send you a new charger. They will require your IMEI and S/N from the back of the phone.

Took a few days to get the charger.
    nedcoon wrote: »
    I got this phone recently. The charger isn't working though. It's supplied with an LG branded European power charger and a non-LG branded 3 pin adapter. The cable works but thats all. I've been tring to contact the company who supplied it through Groupon and so far they haven't been too helpful. I think it's worth buying from a bigger company you know. At least then , if there are any problems it's a lot easier to get it resolved.

Thanks ProjectMoose! I actually sent them an email about it this morning, so I'm just waiting to hear back now. Fingers crossed!

ThePhilip I'm afraid not. The last I saw about a week ago, Groupon had a deal for the Samsung Galaxy S4. Also a good buy I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Yep, LG support were very good. I know your contract is with Groupon etc etc...but possibly the best and quickest option to go straight to LG as I did. Only costs them penny's to make I'm sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Amazon.de is having 32GB version for less than E360 including shipping and Irish VAT rate

http://www.amazon.de/LG-Smartphone-Touchscreen-Quad-Core-Megapixel-Schwarz/dp/B00FG0UCC0

Advertisement