Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist killed on the M1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

inaccurate journalism or am I to believe a cyclist was actually on a section of motorway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

my friend wrote: »
    inaccurate journalism or am I to believe a cyclist was actually on a section of motorway?

The Indo are also reporting he was on the motorway.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/cyclist-50-killed-in-collision-with-car-on-m1-30463502.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

We were diverted off the M1 on our way back from the Brendan Campbell very sad regardless of blame

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Very sad, wonder was he Irish or a tourist?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theenergy

god bless him..

very very sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Yep, very sad, RIP to the cyclist. Thoughts also to whoever knocked him/her down, you'd hardly be expecting a cyclist on a motorway, so the driver must be in a bad way also.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I accidentally got onto the autoroute outside Orleans in France, thankfully there was an exit about 250m further on (it was a tram exit, but that's a story for another day). It can happen, particularly with unfamiliar signposting. Another example is the N4->M4, cyclists can go as far as Leixlip on the dual-carriage way and then need to exit there, which could be missed.

"southbound carriageway of M1, between junctions 4 - Donabate and junction - 3 Swords"

I'd guess that he might have come onto the motorway at the Donabate roundabout, taking the entry slip down rather than the next exit across the bridge and onto the old N1 towards Swords. That section of the M1 is fast and narrows coming up to the estuary passover.

Whatever happened, a tragedy.

Advertisement