Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Applied Software Technology-Ericsson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 terraflop

Hi all, new to the forum so please be patient.

I know a few questions have already been asked about the aptitude test etc. but no real concrete answers on the subject matter.
    Going for the test and intro next Wed so if anyone has any info/insight it would be much appreciated. Worried it might be heavy on maths so starting to panic a bit...

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kianjennings

terraflop wrote: »

I know a few questions have already been asked about the aptitude test etc. but no real concrete answers on the subject matter.
    Going for the test and intro next Wed so if anyone has any info/insight it would be much appreciated. Worried it might be heavy on maths so starting to panic a bit...

Thanks in advance

No real maths was involved. The main things covered are error checking, your ability to follow a set of guidelines/rules from start to finish and manipulating data based on simple rules.

No real maths was involved. The main things covered are error checking, your ability to follow a set of guidelines/rules from start to finish and manipulating data based on simple rules.

Thanks for that and the PM. One more thing, are the places allotted between Athlone and Dublin or is it 60 places in each. Would much prefer Athlone so can you request this??

Thanks for that and the PM. One more thing, are the places allotted between Athlone and Dublin or is it 60 places in each. Would much prefer Athlone so can you request this??

I believe it's 60 places in total so 30 in each and yes, after the interview they'll ask you what your preference is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aido888

Thanks in advance

Hi, I have the same question and would really appreciate some info too. I am also getting a little nervous about the aptitude test. Is there any specific type of preparation that can be done to better prepare for the test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭rayself

Aido888 wrote: »
    Hi, I have the same question and would really appreciate some info too. I am also getting a little nervous about the aptitude test. Is there any specific type of preparation that can be done to better prepare for the test?

There is nothing to be nervous about, the aptitude tests do not involve maths, they are just a series of test looking into your ability to quickly learn a simple set of instructions followed by using these instructions to quickly answer as many questions in the allotted time.

There is not much preparation you can do, there is online sample aptitude tests but to be honest your better off just going in relaxed and doing your best, that's what I did anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Hey guys, also new to this. just done the test and crossing the fingers in hope of AIT. Firstly anyone from Galway accepted and commuting? In terms of the 3 installments she mentioned 5.8k for the year and 24k for the internship, is this correct...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Draka

I think 5.8k is right for the course, and the 24k is based on a yearly salary so it's 2k/month for each of the three months.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rondogrins

Has anybody been offered Dublin, but was able to change it to Athlone after?
    I was offered DIT today, but just wondering if I can still ask for Athlone.

rondogrins wrote: »

I was offered Athlone and then offered Dublin but had already put a deposit down for Athlone, I think you can request which place you prefer and if there is places available they will let you change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Sweetkisses

rayself wrote: »
    I was offered Athlone and then offered Dublin but had already put a deposit down for Athlone, I think you can request which place you prefer and if there is places available they will let you change.

How much is the deposit?

rondogrins wrote: »

How long did it take before you got the offer? Went for interview today and need to know soon.

How long did it take before you got the offer? Went for interview today and need to know soon.

Same! Emma said it would be wens or fri?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Draka

How much is the deposit?

I believe he meant that he had put down a deposit on accommodation in Athlone.

I went for an interview on a Wednesday and was told I would hear back in about 2 weeks. I was informed that I was successful the next Tuesday, and was sent a formal acceptance within 2/3 days of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rolrolis

hi guys

I got my civil parnership in Ireland and I am applying for some Graduate opportunities, i will do the aptitude TEst in Ericsson for the MSc in Applied Software Technology-Ericsson this week and i would like to receive some advises..

At the same time i would like to know in the programm most people are irish or many nationalities?

Do you know another program similar to this to apply?

I would like to ask to somebody which is working currently in Athlone, The place is safe and not homophopic (Athlone and Ericsson)?

Thanks

Draka wrote: »
    I believe he meant that he had put down a deposit on accommodation in Athlone.

Yes sweetkisses I meant already had a deposit down for accommodation it was 280, rent is cheap enough in Athlone I will be paying 62.50 (250 a month) which includes internet, bins and sky tv.

Hey all,

Just got offered DIT so pretty excited.
    I'm wondering is there anyone here who's been offered AIT and would prefer DIT and would be willing to swap places.
    My plans are for Athlone as my fiancée will be studying in AIT also.

It seems quite a few people here would prefer Athlone also but if anyone has any input please PM me or post a reply. Thanks.

Only have a week to accept so getting a bit panicky...again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

Hi all I have the aptitude test friday morning and just checking this it seems a good few places in the course are gone already? is it very competitive for places on the course? really want to get this but worrying that I left it too late to apply and most of the places might be gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rondogrins

KoA-Ollie wrote: »
    Hi all I have the aptitude test friday morning and just checking this it seems a good few places in the course are gone already? is it very competitive for places on the course? really want to get this but worrying that I left it too late to apply and most of the places might be gone!

I wouldn't worry, they are not going to set aside time and resources if all the spots are already full, and I wouldn't say it's competitive, because you're not pitted against someone else, you just have to try your best in the aptitude test (like any job/course).

The aptitude test is for your benefit as well as theirs, because if you don't do o.k in it, then you might find the course very tough, and ultimately, you might not enjoy the job in the end.

Can you have a part time job (weekends) while doing the course as first grant is not until 30 Nov?

• Advertisement

Can you have a part time job (weekends) while doing the course as first grant is not until 30 Nov?

You can't, I specifically asked about only working Saturdays and they said no unfortunately.

You can't, I specifically asked about only working Saturdays and they said no unfortunately.

What about during the preparation course as there is no busary?

I was given the same answer, that the preparation course was just as intensive and we needed to be fully focused on it.

If you are entitled to social welfare you can still get that during the preparation course

rayself wrote: »
    If you are entitled to social welfare you can still get that during the preparation course

Thats why I was thinking you may be able to work during the first ten weeks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

Has anyone going to DIT, received the information pack yet? Does anyone know the course schedule or registration details?

Seridisand wrote: »
    Has anyone going to DIT, received the information pack yet? Does anyone know the course schedule or registration details?

Im going to DIT too :-). No information pack just an email saying it starts a 9.30 in DIT aungier street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stanley886

Hey, I just got offered AIT this week. I'm planning to live in Galway and comute to athlone.

I was just wondering if anyone else was looking to commute from Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭paul9mm

Hi, while I don't commute from Galway, living in Loughrea now, beware that the first Galway Citilink bus (7.30am) will not get into AIT until approx. 9.15am.
    http://citylink.ie/images/citylink-dublin-express-timetable-for-web.pdf
    The good news is that it drops you on campus at the Bus Eireann bus stop.

If you decide to use Citilink, use the 10-journey student ticket saver: http://www.citylink.ie/index.php/savings/10-journey-commuter-tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

Hi for anyone who got athlone me and a friend are going to look for accommodation for september and wondering if anyone else who got in was interested in sharing accommodation, would make sense with us all going to college and hopefully working together in the future! was thinking four or five in a house would be ideal!

Advertisement