Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Bet Tomorrow, Help Needed.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

I think the best way to do this is by the double chance market .
    Back costa Rica or draw @ 7/4 ,you bet 2k and if Uruguay wins then you are up 5k , if it's a draw or costa Rica win your up 3.5k.

If I was you I'd put 500 on double chance you guaranteed your self profit and stand to win 6.5k with a VERY good chance of it coming in.
    It's up to your self of course.

Going to go with this one, whole year.

1000 on Costa Rica or draw @2.75/1

2750 winnings - 1000 bet = 1750 winnings.

Going to keep 500 aside for in play and back this bet if Uruguay go up 1-0.

I'm guessing it should be about 5/1 if Uruguay go up 1 -0.

I have got this far, going to go for it, but trying to secure myself at least around 2k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »

I have got this far, going to go for it, but trying to secure myself at least around 2k.

Good stuff, a guaranteed 2K return from a €14 stake is the stuff dreams are made of. A highly probable 6k return from a €14 stake is indescribable. Well done and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

Congrats and good work on the plan. It would be complete and utter madness if you did not cover yourself, can't believe some people are suggesting that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I have to say I'm not a big football fan, horses and rugby are my thing, but I'm almost excited for this game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Congrats on the bet great bit of bookie bashing. Speaking as someone who once arrived home too late to hedge an acca waiting on Bayern to win the German super cup final for two grand at the start of the season, all I can say is hedge as you planned to do without doubt .

I had placed the acca and a few others when out about the town and lost track till I got home as it was a big acca.

You don't want to be staring at a screen looking at that fall at the last leg.... Gutting feeling.

Strange things can and do happen in football. No one guessed 1-5 to Holland yesterday. Cavanni could get sent off ten mins in today and Suarez knee flare up after the operation. Bit extreme but ya get what I mean :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Well done, great bet. We will all be rooting for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 honest point of view

I was thinking like that as well, but I would be kicking myself If I won nothing.

I can win money on all scenario's If I cover myself.[/QUOTEs

best thing is to cover bet , although i dont think it will end in a draw ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Strange things can and do happen in football. No one guessed 1-5 to Holland yesterday. Cavanni could get sent off ten mins in today and Suarez knee flare up after the operation. Bit extreme but ya get what I mean :)

Suarez will sit out this game.

Must be a great feeling knowing you can't lose, just a matter of how much you win.

/dreams.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Muslera, Lugano (c), Godin, Gargano, Rodriguez, Forlan, Stuani, Pereira, Arevalo, Cavani, Caceres

suarez on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Opta stats

Uruguay have won six and lost none of their eight previous meetings with Costa Rica, most recently defeating them 2-1 on aggregate in a 2010 World Cup play-off.

Put your mind at ease, good luck with your bet

• Advertisement

Good luck

Im on Uruguay -1 asain E100 ,they will win this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Good luck

Im on Uruguay -1 asain E100 ,they will win this!

Going well so far :D

Put 185 on double chance @ 6.5/1 just now.

Guaranteed 2750 now Costa draw + win, 5715 Uruguay win.

15raw4i.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Glad you did lay some of it off, remember no such thing as a cert in football.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Can mods delete my post? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

That's exactly why you cover your bets.

Imagine losing out on 7,000/3,500......

Well done OP! Delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

That's exactly why you cover your bets.

Imagine losing out on 7,000/3,500......

Well done OP! Delighted for you.

Precisely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bloody hell 3-1 to Costa Rica

No such thing as a certainty in football unless you cover all the angles!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

Jesus Op, well done going for the cover. Delighted for you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Congrats and disregard all future advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Fair play on covering OP, sadly it seems that a -9leger has died on me at the last hurdle.

Brazil and Chile won for me and Spain and Mexico scored for me in the football. New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Ireland won for me in the rugby. Sadly it seems a heroic effort from Costa Rica has cost me a few quid. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Enjoy your winnings

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Well covered. Glad you got a little more on as well when Uruguay were in front. Enjoy your winnings

How much you make altogether?Well done and enjoy the cash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

Put it all on kaymer to fold like a deckchair

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Fair dues OP, delighted for you.
    Well hedged especially the in running bet.
    As said before, can't understand why some people said not to hedge it?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Well in!

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Fair dues OP, delighted for you.
    Well hedged especially the in running bet.
    As said before, can't understand why some people said not to hedge it?

Well for me I'm the type of person to go for it, I'm not one for trading off.

As soon as I put money on a bet, I consider it lost, if it wins, it wins.

I'm a a Kipling If kind of person I suppose. My heart rules my head in these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Well for me I'm the type of person to go for it, I'm not one for trading off.

As soon as I put money on a bet, I consider it lost, if it wins, it wins.

I'm a a Kipling If kind of person I suppose. My heart rules my head in these things.

Think of your bookies balance as a business. Why would you want your business to potential lose money? When there is an option to guarentee it! Well done OP

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Well done op. To be honest I didn't expect that result and would have chanced it. I would have been confidently celebrating at half time and sickened at full time. Fair play for you for having the sense to cover. Congratulations and enjoy.

• Advertisement

Think of your bookies balance as a business. Why would you want your business to potential lose money? When there is an option to guarentee it! Well done OP

I bet for fun not profit.

Advertisement