Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Holiday Weekend Plans?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Have 30 people coming over on Saturday afternoon for a BBQ and if i'm still standing come Saturday night we're heading out. Then recover for the next 4-5 days.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

This bank holiday I will be mostly working..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Footing turf is quite nice if the weather is good.

It's hell on earth!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I shall be attending a barbeque. The weather is supposed to be good so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Achill Island here I come! Golf, running, hill walking, a few pints and plenty of crack. If I can find a cheap reel for my rod I might try to squeeze in a bit of fishing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Making it a long weekend, flights *to* Ireland were dirt cheap this weekend (£42 return for us :D ). Drinking with my friends and visiting my family in Dublin, heading west, going to a hurling match and looking at a pile of potential wedding venues. Surprisingly enough I'm not doing the Women's Mini-Marathon even though I've done it 7 times before - did the Bupa London 10,000 last weekend instead.

At least the weather looks a bit better this weekend than the absolute garbage we had for the UK bank holiday...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

A combination of Mario Kart, Watch Dogs, Transistor and Wolfenstein. Will be going to cinema as well, and maybe visit the park if the weather nice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Being broke, missing my friends, and F5'ing forums with very few new posts because all ye bollixes are out having fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Going to a wedding - great excuse to suit up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Try and steer clear of the bank holiday aspect side of things.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

efb wrote: »
    It's hell on earth!!

Tell Ming that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Achill Island here I come! Golf, running, hill walking, a few pints and plenty of crack. If I can find a cheap reel for my rod I might try to squeeze in a bit of fishing.

I'm sure you will find some use for your rod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    I'm sure you will find some use for your rod.

If only...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I may be moving house... I will be watching the wire... I may drink a small or larger amount of alcohol... I may travel (not too far)

Soapbox races and Rory Gallagher festival for at least one day/night.

You'll be grand if you take the BH weekend like any other BH weekend: expect Macdonaldisation of services in general. Like the electronic Dublin Bus timetables more than likely saying "Sorry, not in service". Hard to get taxis. CROWDS and a "Follow the crowd to be happy" attitude in the Cities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Zero plans. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Trying to think of something cool to do, something outdoorsy during the day..

So, anyone have anything cool planned?

Horse riding sun morn.

Will either be outdoor trekking or indoor arena depending on weather.

Going with a beginner though so won't get to do much.

Going to dance in morning then maybe into town into the library bar /central hotel sat afternoon. Not sure if I will do anything mon maybe run (if my legs are ok after riding on sun!) or gym. But i haven't been on a horse for a while so i am likely to be sore and wanting to watch Audrey Hepburn movies!:)

Running and horse riding do NOT mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

4x4 off roading, head out for dinner, fly the rc helicopter after finally repairing it, mass, pub, night club, kebab time, go on the job, couple of cars to look at and lots of sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Don't have a bank holiday weekend!

Stupid emegration :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

Look at all you lot doing fancy ****e for the weekend.

I'm just going to sit at the side of the n81 on a deck chair and shout obscenities at passing traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'm just going to sit at the side of the n81 on a deck chair and shout obscenities at passing traffic

Get a hair dryer and a high vis vest. Be loads of fun.

If anybody are stealing cabling etc leave the green line luas intact. Nice people use it. And leave the DART alone too. gugleguy uses it too once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭Hooked

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Get a hair dryer and a high vis vest. Be loads of fun.

My cereal.... It's everywhere... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Just back from Bundoran. Got the house keys yesterday so ill be moving all my stuff down, then on Tuesday we're going to Croatia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Look at you with your fancy deckchair .

I shall be working most of the fcukin' weekend.So will Mrs Corner , that'll teach her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Have an informal meeting in preparation for a kids summer camp, so i can expect to be in a room with 30 Adults playing games

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I'm moving out of my crappy student house today so I'm celebrating this weekend. Excessive eating, drinking and sleeping. Is the Late Late still on? Haven't had a telly in a year.

Crumpets wrote: »
    I'm moving out of my crappy student house today so I'm celebrating this weekend. Excessive eating, drinking and sleeping. Is the Late Late still on? Haven't had a telly in a year.

So a typical student day then? Minus the excessive eating and lack of TV watching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

few pints tonight then a weekend of painting and decorating

Advertisement