Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZyXEL NSA310 1-Bay NAS Media Server (With 500GB HDD) - €90.37 delivered [Dabs.ie]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭banie01

bromley52 wrote: »
    When generating your personal RSS feed you need to disable magnet links.

Thanks, I know this.
    I have my Showrss feed set up correctly(I hope, its been working issue free for months now)
    But since last week I have not successfully downloaded anything.
    I suppose what I'm really wondering is, is there any issue with the torrent mirrors?
    Or has anyone encountered similar over the last week or so?
    All my shows are failing at the ''announce''

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Which one of these would be my best option guys for purely using it for Plex? Can buy my own hard drive if possible as id want a few TBs. Completely new to NAS setups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭bromley52

Tinie wrote: »
    Which one of these would be my best option guys for purely using it for Plex? Can buy my own hard drive if possible as id want a few TBs. Completely new to NAS setups.

I don't know if this answers your question but see post 635.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Tinie wrote: »

If by that you mean a stand alone Plex server NAS for other clients then neither the 310 (1.2GHz) or 325 (1.6GHz) have the processor heft to transcode files:

https://plexapp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201373793-Is-Plex-Media-Server-on-a-NAS-Right-for-Me-

https://plexapp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201543167-Should-I-run-Plex-Media-Server-on-a-NAS-

A google spreadsheet of potential options:

https://plexapp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201373803-NAS-Compatibility-List

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Hi Guys.
    I installed Polkast the other day on my nsa325.
    Since them my transfer speeds have dropped from 10m to 4m.
    Also my cpu is running at 100% constantly.
    It is showing Polkast as using around 88% of this.
    Can I uninstall polkast as I dont really need it.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Just browse to the admin page for your NSA325 and click on the Fimware/Packages link in the menu to the left of the page.

You can then highlight the Polkast package by clicking on it and then selecting either disable or Uninstall on the top menu.

iPhone. wrote: »
    Just browse to the admin page for your NSA325 and click on the Fimware/Packages link in the menu to the left of the page.

You can then highlight the Polkast package by clicking on it and then selecting either disable or Uninstall on the top menu.

Excellent
    Just what I needed.
    Polkast had it at 100% cpu with days and I could not use it.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Only discovered the iTunes server lately, great little box.

Has anybody had any joy in hooking up the 325 to Dropbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

vectra wrote: »
    Has anybody had any joy in hooking up the 325 to Dropbox?

yes, what's happening for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

jabberwock wrote: »
    yes, what's happening for you?

Got it sorted just now.
    Popups were blocked from my nas and I was not getting the message to allow it to connect.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭AlanG

stooge wrote: »
    Was tmepted until I read the reviews and this:

" Usually dispatched within 1 to 4 months."

whats that all about?????

I ordered one at the time and had it in 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Been following this thread. Love the sound of NAS but are they complicated to set up etc?

Sneachta wrote: »
    Been following this thread. Love the sound of NAS but are they complicated to set up etc?

I know little or nothing about networking and I have mine running so should be easy.

Does anyone know how to install the Plex Unsupported App Store onto the NSA310?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Does anyone know how to install the Plex Unsupported App Store onto the NSA310?

Presuming you have plex installed. On my NSA310 what I find easiest is to log in using Filezilla to ssh in.

The path should be x.x.x.x/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-ins/

replacing the x's with your local ip for your NAS. Then just copy whatever plugin you want into the folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭SteM

What advantage does plex give over twonky if you're just streaming to a dnla compliant media player does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

is it time to move this out of BA? I keep coming in to check new posts to see if it is going cheap somewhere!

Good deal on NSA310

• Advertisement

Good deal on NSA310

Cheers. Is it worth paying the few extra quid for the NSA320S ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

I tried to google it but seems like tons of info to get through, so please excuse me lazinesses but I have one simple short question - USB sockets on this NAS are to connect disk to NAS or connect NAS to PC? Can I connect external 3TB USB drive to empty ZyXEL and use it instead of internal NAS disk?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

walshy123 wrote: »
    Cheers. Is it worth paying the few extra quid for the NSA320S ?

Slightly Faster Processor, so if the price difference is slight then yes.

Slightly Faster Processor, so if the price difference is slight then yes.

Sorry I meant over the 310, rather than 320.

So 2 bays rather 1. Or would I be aswell off sticking with 1 bay and using an external HD for RAID 1? Or is that even possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

zom wrote: »
    I tried to google it but seems like tons of info to get through, so please excuse me lazinesses but I have one simple short question - USB sockets on this NAS are to connect disk to NAS or connect NAS to PC? Can I connect external 3TB USB drive to empty ZyXEL and use it instead of internal NAS disk?

The USB slot allows you to connect a drive and copy directly from USB to NAS and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭SteM

Sorry I meant over the 310, rather than 320.

So 2 bays rather 1. Or would I be aswell off sticking with 1 bay and using an external HD for RAID 1? Or is that even possible?

You can use an external eSATA drive for Raid 1 on the 310. Can't use the USB connection. The 2 bay server would be a neater solution if you're looking to setup as RAID 1 system.

I have the NSA310 with a 2TB internal HD and it's perfect for me as I dont need regular backups. I have a 1tb portable HD that i attach every now and again to back up important stuff. Even with the 2TB HD I never usually have more than 1tb on it as I delete as I go. I can always get it again if I want it. I have Plex on it and it's great and since I discovered the unsupported apps it's even better. Filmon and yifi are excellent especially when used with the Now TV box.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

Really need to get myself an external hard drive and start using this thing.

I have the NSA310 with a 2TB internal HD and it's perfect for me as I dont need regular backups. I have a 1tb portable HD that i attach every now and again to back up important stuff. Even with the 2TB HD I never usually have more than 1tb on it as I delete as I go. I can always get it again if I want it. I have Plex on it and it's great and since I discovered the unsupported apps it's even better. Filmon and yifi are excellent especially when used with the Now TV box.

So your portable HD attaches via eSata port?

• Advertisement

So your portable HD attaches via eSata port?

No USB. its slow but I only backup once a month.

Advertisement