Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick city safe at night?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

Mod Edit: Very close to me thinking you are only out to troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

Just get dublin coach to luas red cow. Then change bus for 15-20 min journey to airport. No need to go into the city

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

I often get the 1am and the 4am bus. Aurthers Quay can be dodgy at times. Just ask the JJ Kavanagh drivers about all the times they have been robbed at that spot. Quite a few I can tell you.
    4am often messy people staggering about after clubs etc
    1am bus aint bad as there are always people there. Not so with the 4am bus. many times Ive been the only one getting it.
    Cant understand if she has a car why she dont drive?? I would be careful at least and wait at the edge of the path in order for her to be seen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

audi12 wrote: »
    Mod edit: removing quoted post

The city got its reputation for gang related crime, not random attacks on commuters at 4:00 a.m. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

jess97mc wrote: »
    Hi,
    My sister has to get a bus from Limerick to Dublin at 4am from Arthur's Quay. She will have to park in Harvey's Quay as that seems to be the nearest car park open at that time of the night (or very early morning, whatever you want to call it).

Is it safe for her to walk alone at this time of night from the multi-story to where the bus stops? I've heard that some parts of the city have a bad reputation but, does anyone know if this is an okay place for a woman to be walking alone at night?

I would be grateful for any helpful responses from people that live in the area or have any knowledge of it really.

Thanks.

You're worried about your sisters safety so you publish online where and when she will be vulnerable????

Make sure you tell her what you did, she'll be delighted im sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

One set of traffic lights between Limerick & Belfast at new lands cross. Why not just drive In the comfort of your own car

because gang related people would never rob you is it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

minotour wrote: »
    You're worried about your sisters safety so you publish online where and when she will be vulnerable????

Make sure you tell her what you did, she'll be delighted im sure.

:rolleyes:

The OP didnt say what night. It might be tonight, , tomorrow, next week......

If you read the thread you will also see her sister has made alternative arrangements so your indignation is wasted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

because gang related people would never rob you is it

LOL. Try harder.

funny when limerick people come on here and try to defend the place ..as someone who is from galway i can tell you we feel sorry for anyone who has to live in limerick

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

One set of traffic lights between Limerick & Belfast at new lands cross. Why not just drive In the comfort of your own car

That. I can never understand why I would get the bus and leave my perfectly good car at home. Unless it broke down and I needed a bus to get to my new car and no one was available to give me a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

its limerick cant blame anyone for being concerned

Limerick? 4am like. Everyone gone home.
    Galway is a city that you need to worry about for sex attackers. Litany of cases, but hey reputation as party town remains intact. Limerick then is proposed as some kind of no-go zone! I would laugh, but ...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

funny when limerick people come on here and try to defend the place ..as someone who is from galway i can tell you we feel sorry for anyone who has to live in limerick

Do you love Galway, warts and all? I work in Galway, live in Limerick(near enough anyway), and can see the pros and cons of each city. It's only proper order for somebody to defend their city.
    That. I can never understand why I would get the bus and leave my perfectly good car at home. Unless it broke down and I needed a bus to get to my new car and no one was available to give me a lift.

For me I drive for a living. I have to drive to just outside Belfast on Friday morning and It won't take very long. I will pass through Newlands Cross around 6:00am so roadworks there / traffic lights won't affect me. Rush hour won't have begun and on the M1 everybody is heading South whilst it's quiet heading North. I will be back home by 6pm and will hit traffic on the return but so would a bus. There's no bus lane(s) on the A1, M1, N7 or M7 so when you hit traffic you hit it like everybody else.

I live in galway and never have i heard anything about sex attacks walk around galway during the day and then do the same in limerick and you will see the difference besides the nice buzz around town in galway you dont have all the scobes you see in limerick ..awful place in my view always try to avoid it ..

And yes some fine people live in limerick of course they do no disputing that

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Audi12. Do not post in this thread again. Any repeat of trying to bait forum regular will result in mod action

for giving a view that is shared by others i get a threat of being banned not very fair

Beer Baron wrote: »
    can see the pros and cons of each city.

Wise words. The two places are only an hour apart (less soon please God) and are actually perfectly complimentary. Moving between gives you best of both worlds.

for giving a view that is shared by others i get a threat of being banned not very fair

Mod Post: And now you earned a one day ban from this forum for ignoring an inthread mod warning.

I live in galway and never have i heard anything about sex attacks

Manuela Riedo's parents would not be amongst these 'others' you write of.

Mod Post: This is not a Galway vs Limerick thread. Let's try to stay on topic and avoid a which place is better type spat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Personally speaking I would not walk from Harveys key to arturs key at 4am, especially under sarsfields bridge and around the old dunnes stores. Maybe its just because I'm getting old :-b

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I've often waited for the 4am bus. I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest. The perception of danger in the city centre is far greater than the reality. I'd suggest that you're more at risk in any other Irish city and some of the big towns than you are in Limerick City centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

zulutango wrote: »
    I've often waited for the 4am bus. I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest. The perception of danger in the city centre is far greater than the reality. I'd suggest that you're more at risk in any other Irish city and some of the big towns than you are in Limerick City centre.

Couldn't agree more...in fact I'm willing to bet that if you somehow managed to get a total of people who have claimed to be hassled or assaulted in Limerick City you would get the exact same total of people who claim to have been in Thomond Park the day Munster beat the All Blacks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

I live in galway and never have i heard anything about sex attacks walk around galway during the day and then do the same in limerick and you will see the difference besides the nice buzz around town in galway you dont have all the scobes you see in limerick ..awful place in my view always try to avoid it ..

And yes some fine people live in limerick of course they do no disputing that

You would take precautions in any city at late hours of the night but as i said before i have had more trouble with drug addicts and undesirables hassling me for money in Cork and Dublin than in Limerick.I wouldn't describe myself as a tough looking person but thankfully i have walked around the centre of Limerick at all hours of the day and night without having any problems.Limerick is no more dangerous than any other urban area.In fact i would go further and say that it's safer than the other major urban areas in Ireland going from my own experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

davo2001 wrote: »
    Personally speaking I would not walk from Harveys key to arturs key at 4am, especially under sarsfields bridge and around the old dunnes stores. Maybe its just because I'm getting old :-b

Well the smart thing would be to take the main route and go up Bedford row to o connell street and on to Patrick Street then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

893bet wrote: »
    Well the smart thing would be to take the main route and go up Bedford row to o connell street and on to Patrick Street then.

Exactly! Go this route, plenty of lights if you're anyway concerned
    Honestly, she'll be fine.

topper 75 .. one person was killed in limerick in the past few years how many deaths in limerick from violence enough said

topper 75 .. one person was killed in limerick in the past few years how many deaths in limerick from violence enough said

You should read your posts before you submit them. None of that ^^^ makes sense.

I meant Galway one person killed in Galway it was a mistype

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Werent you already told to.leave ths thread be and
    go about your merry way.with your audi??
    Yes youve something you dislike about limerick, we all get that, but jesus youd swear galway was a shining eutopia with no issues at all!

Youve mmade your point, now unless you want to give advice,.helpfull advice in limerick city at night, which is perfectly safe 99.9 percent of the time, why in gods name are you still posting?!

Silly troll is silly

Advertisement