Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

friendlies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i think we go with the original time, a bit late to be getting people to switch and then expect the same availability

sound.

keith, can i get a drive off you please?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

sound.

keith, can i get a drive off you please?

Yep, presuming we have a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Cill is in, and now Derek?

that's 11, but no GK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

that's 11, but no GK

Can we just take turns or something? You're right - there's no point keith having to stand there all night when it's a friendly.

Mousewar wrote: »
    Can we just take turns or something? You're right - there's no point keith having to stand there all night when it's a friendly.

mightnt do any harm, people may be very slow to critise a keeper when they know how difficult a position it is to play in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

that's 11, but no GK

if you can get another person in for me would be preferable haha

mrDerek wrote: »
    if you can get another person in for me would be preferable haha

Jump in goal!

OK, so we are going to postpone this one til another time.

Apologies, but we don't have a team.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

at least my hair wont get wet..

Monday, 8.00 in Benildus V Rocco.

am i ok to book it?

this pitch is simple amazing, would be a shame to waste it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Could you do anytime after 8.15 and I can make it

so is this booked?

so is this booked?

nope, waiting on boards to confirm. not booking this time until its 100% confirmed game is on, after having to cancel two weeks ago.

if boards dont have a team by 10.00 in the morning, have to pull it as i cant keep my lads hanging like the last time.

Match on

Booked for 9.00 in Benildus.

we need to pay for the pitch and ref ourselves

Booked for 9.00 in Benildus.

we need to pay for the pitch and ref ourselves

What side is entrance to the pitch is it on main sandy Ford road or what

whats the situation about boots at st benildus me mate steo doesnt have astro boots just yet and wants to know if mouldies are acceptable

Thought tonight was some of the best football I've ever seen us play. Was guilty of dwelling the odd time buy just need some match practice and will be fine.

All new additions were super. I'd sat we had 70% possession there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh, we're definitely a passing team and the extra space on that really wide pitch gave us that extra room to carry the ball and pick out passes, so it played to our strengths defo, lovely surface.

The 3 new Stephen's all had excellent games, as did returning former Boardeaux player Conor at centre-half. Heggo & Bury were from a post I made on the Soccer forum on boards.ie and were excellent, though they both play for an LSL Major team and season runs into May so can't commit for our season, will give them a shout to see about coming down after that.

2-1 and close game as always, they could have nicked it near the end, gotta say the move for our winner was pure delicious though. And but for both Derek's free and Ste Cronin's belter hitting the stanchion (best word in football), we could have been ahead earlier, but always very competitive games against Rocco. Thanks Ed for organising the Rocco side and pitch.

Strange game - lots of possession but lacked a bit of forward momentum sometimes. Overall though, everyone seemed to play well. Hard to know what to take from the game though given the surface is so different to what we normally play on. Gonna be hard going back to that decrepit hockey pitch next week.
    Big thanks to Ed, not only for organising, but going in goal for us. I'd say he was looking forward to playing outfield rather than standing in our goal for the whole thing.

• Advertisement

Mousewar wrote: »
    Strange game - lots of possession but lacked a bit of forward momentum sometimes. Overall though, everyone seemed to play well. Hard to know what to take from the game though given the surface is so different to what we normally play on. Gonna be hard going back to that decrepit hockey pitch next week.
    Big thanks to Ed, not only for organising, but going in goal for us. I'd say he was looking forward to playing outfield rather than standing in our goal for the whole thing.

Ye real shame we can't play on it more often :/ felt for ed would have been annoyed myself if I couldn't get a go outfield on that surface

good game as always! few things to work on for both sides of course.
    Ye real shame we can't play on it more often :/ felt for ed would have been annoyed myself if I couldn't get a go outfield on that surface

lads, i wasnt going to play much outfield anyway, id 12 lads for our team lined up and i was only playing as one of them rang to say he would be 5 minutes late, i was going to go off anyway once he came so going into goals was easy.

my knee is f*cked at the moment, its really effecting my movement and id like to think id have kept out that header (as good as it was) had i not been hampered by it.

im away with work next week so have 2 weeks to rest it now, but im a bit worried that im going to be carrying this for a few weeks.

im away with work next week so have 2 weeks to rest it now, but im a bit worried that im going to be carrying this for a few weeks.

I can recommend you a good physio if you don't have one.

lads, astro have confirmed leagues are due to start next week,

fixtures to be confirmed by thursday.

seasons really crept up :O thought id be further along in me leg rehab by now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭darrenmcc

hey lads,

just wondering if yous would fancy a 90 min match friendly?
    I know your season has started but just in the off chance. think one of our lads from 5-aside had sent Jules a message, as he played with us last week, but im not sure if he's heard back. Our standard is probably average/decent, with some having never played 11's before to others playing for a few years, age ranging from 23-40. Some of us wear moulded football boots tho, but aren't dirty players (we all have to make work)

If yous would be interested, can let me know, and try and arrange something.
    would also be good to make it a once a month type thing, or 2 weeks or so

Thanks
    Darren

darrenmcc wrote: »
    hey lads,

I know your season has started but just in the off chance. think one of our lads from 5-aside had sent Jules a message, as he played with us last week, but im not sure if he's heard back. Our standard is probably average/decent, with some having never played 11's before to others playing for a few years, age ranging from 23-40. Some of us wear moulded football boots tho, but aren't dirty players (we all have to make work)

Thanks
    Darren

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnsYx2OTvpGNPMQ9R8-5P8L2ZNFBmrKSzc2W6GPSSv9cC8ahSF

darrenmcc wrote: »
    hey lads,

Thanks
    Darren

I'd be up for that in a heartbeat, hopefully we can work something out.

I'd be up for that in a heartbeat, hopefully we can work something out.

ye even on a saturday cant imagine the pitches would be in use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭darrenmcc

ye even on a saturday cant imagine the pitches would be in use.

I can speak to my lads about maybe sat 10th may or the week after?? Or is that to soon?

I'm guessing it would depend if there is an astro pitch available. Would split the cost 50/50 for ref and pitch of course. Would you guys be able to arrange both tho as I don't have any.contacts, if it's not to much trouble?

Thanks again

Darren

Advertisement