Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The way of the Apple or of the Android?

Options
  • 05-04-2014 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps the greatest dilemma facing this forum today is determining which mobile doctrine to follow. From a populist perspective Android and Apple are the frontrunners. There are also other less popular doctrine interpretations that we could follow. So, what say you guys? Which mobile doctrine should A&A fall into? Why? And is this doctrine as pivotal as the deliberations on pizza topping?

Posters are advised that all posts posted here are done at their own risk. Any potential pyre burnings that may result are not the responsibility of Boards.ie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The apple is the forbidden fruit, hence quite appropriate for a heathen non-believer.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭frankston

Android is open source and free and is therefire more congruent to the ways of the free thinkers !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Apples are the work of the devil. We should follow the holy path of the soulless android.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

This can't end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Personally I went with Apple. I looked at Andriod but Apple just seemed right. I looked at all the stats, I looked at the reviews and I read the manual, but it was only when I opened my blood pumping organ and looked with that I could see the truth. And that truth is that Apple explains, perfectly, everything I see around me.

Now, some people have tried to argue that if I lived in Finland I would probably follow Nokia, but I reject this. It is not about where I was brought up, but about what my blood pumping organ can see and what best explains what i see around me.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

But do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BabyMonkeyy

Windows. Just saying 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I follow the way of the almighty android. Mainly because he is green.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

My story is one of love, loss and ultimate betrayal.

Many moons ago I was loyal and devout Apple follower. From the 2 all the way to the 4 I was a believer. It suited my wants and made me feel good, even proud. But with time, I saw the "other life". Those who could simply alter their following to suit their wants and needs.

I was tempted to the way of Android, and that's when the betrayal came. I simply discarded the Apple life, and discovered a world of freedom, cheaper ways but just as good.

I have been an Android follower for some years now, and have become so engrained, I don't think I could leave if I wanted to! I have an Android watch, 3 phones and a Tablet. I even run Android on my PC.

Uh, so yeah. Android any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

There's an android in HGTTG. Case settled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Jernal wrote: »
    Which mobile doctrine should A&A fall into? Why? And is this doctrine as pivotal as the deliberations on pizza topping?

a) Luddite - see example below. This phone has lasted longer than son's last 4 smart phones. One scratch, no OS problems.

samsung-b2710-ofic-212940036244d20eda8c873d-580-90.jpg

b) Why? BECAUSE. That's the why :cool: And because smart phones are for wusses who don't deal with drains, muck and large quantities of timber.

c) Yes. Pineapple on pizza is similarly for the hard-core among us. Those who can handle the fruit with the meat, the grape with the grain and the phone with the BUTTONS.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Mr_A wrote: »
    But do androids dream of electric sheep?
    What a Dick thing to say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thought this going to be some sort of John Waters sequel thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

robindch wrote: »
    What a Dick thing to say.

Quiet you, ubik dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Thought this going to be some sort of John Waters sequel thread.

If you can explain in Waters-esque prose why the way should be Apple or Android we'll all marry you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Another follower of Ludd here with my ageing Nokkia. Novel as it sounds, I use it mostly for making phone calls :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

smacl wrote: »
    Another follower of Ludd here with my ageing Nokkia. Novel as it sounds, I use it mostly for making phone calls :P

Making phone calls...? Aren't those the annoying interruptions to Angry Birds?:confused:

Novel as it sounds, I use it mostly for making phone calls :P

Controversial!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,980 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

got a new series 40 Nokia late last year, hoping to get a good few years out of it. Real Phones have Real Buttons. And real Nokias don't run Windows.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

I like apples, but prefer Jacobs Elite biscuits while drowning in the primordial soup of atheistic ignorance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

I'm agnostic, I'd be happy with any phone, currently have an android for money reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭endacl

pauldla wrote: »
    Making phone calls...? Aren't those the annoying interruptions to Angry Birds?:confused:
    In my experience, phone calls are annoying interruptions by angry birds...

:p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm writing this from my MacBook Pro, remote desktoped into a Windows VM running on my 27" iMac just for the craic.
    I'll swan in later and edit in some more smugness from my iPad and then feel remorse and delete the post from my Nexus 4.

Maybe I'll boot my Raspberry Pi tomorrow and rereg to call myself a twat. Either way I've found a way to feel superior to you all. :pac:

That's fairly smug alright :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

android for me.

apples are quite locked down and just a pain in the hole. Do it apples way, or no way at all.

android is more like "oh....well here's a smartphone...go nuts!"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

endacl wrote: »
    In my experience, phone calls are annoying interruptions by angry birds...

:p

Classic!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

i used to be of the way of the Apple when I had my first generation iPhone, but I have turned to the way of the Android now as its not as restricted and suits my life more, it also does not judge me :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

The Apple is the temptation, the forbidden fruit that is apparently ok to take a bite of. You take that bite, you're gonna have a baaaaad time :pac:

Android for me, I'll stay free of judgement and impending banishment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Serious answer? I've had both, and if I had to choose between them I'd pick the iPhone. It was obviously intelligently designed, a la Ray Comfort's banana, to fit perfectly in the human hand.

There is no intermediate step in the fossil record between the iPhone 4s and the 5.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

endacl wrote: »
    Serious answer? I've had both, and if I had to choose between them I'd pick the iPhone. It was obviously intelligently designed, a la Ray Comfort's banana, to fit perfectly in the human hand.

There is no intermediate step in the fossil record between the iPhone 4s and the 5.

:D

I'm afraid to tell you that Apple are re-wording the scriptures of their holy bible to allow the new iPhone to be bigger

Advertisement