Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BHAA 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

Just looking at the K Club 10k on 12th April, I am hoping to enter - is that open to all or do you have to be a member of the BHAA? If you do need to be a member is it open to anyone to join? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

FITZA wrote: »
    Just looking at the K Club 10k on 12th April, I am hoping to enter - is that open to all or do you have to be a member of the BHAA? If you do need to be a member is it open to anyone to join? Thanks.
    You can run as a day member for €15. €10 for a members. Anyone join the BHAA.
    www.bhaa.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

gerard_65 wrote: »
    You can run as a day member for €15. €10 for a members. Anyone join the BHAA.
    www.bhaa.ie.

Thanks for the reply gerard_65.... I have just entered:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Who's up for the garda 4 miler in the park on Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Who's up for the garda 4 miler in the park on Saturday?
    One of my favorite races on the calendar but picked up a slight injury so not this year:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Ah that sucks...mebbe Saturday will be snowy and crap and you'll be happy out at home with tea. I'll be thinking of you...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Todays results

http://bhaa.ie/events/garda-2014/

Video's are on the third tab and we'll be uploading more over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Don't forget two super flat cross country races in the picturesque and historical Old Campus of NUI Maynooth this Saturday. 2 miles for the women at 11:00 & 4 for the men at 11.30.

2nd last chance to bag those extra points for the Winter league. :P

Dublin commuter line trains, and number 66 and 67 Dublin Buses will get you to Maynooth. If you are driving, we recommend parking in the New Campus.

You can register online for the race here: http://bhaa.ie/events/aib-nui-maynooth-2014. Online registration is open to everyone, but we particularly request that day members register online.

Driving directions from Dubli
    n
    From the M4, leave motorway on the exit signposted Straffan, Naas, Maynooth, then at the roundabout take the 3rd exit: Road – R406 (signposted Maynooth). Continue straight to Maynooth village. At the traffic lights in the Square, turn left and continue down Main Street.

**Free Parking** North campus: Turn right at the traffic lights at the Roost. Follow the main road, as it turns left out of the town. The North campus is clearly signposted a few hundred metres along this road on your right.

**Metered Parking** South campus: Go straight ahead at the traffic lights at the Roost. The University gates are straight ahead. The college has advised us that paid parking is required here and that clamping may be in operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Anyone care to offer odds on me getting around the 5k race on Wednesday night without spikes and staying upright? Not familiar with the course at all. Haven't done a BHAA race in a few years but have 3 or so I'd like to do soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Such a good race last night in Malahide, hats off to the organisers. First time doing this one and enjoyed every minute. Great value for a tenner (and not a glowstick in sight :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone heading to the K-Club on Saturday?

I've heard good things about it in the past and excited as it will be my first race of the year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

adrian522 wrote: »
    Anyone heading to the K-Club on Saturday?

I've heard good things about it in the past and excited as it will be my first race of the year..

Yup. I'm in for this one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Do you know if it is fairly obvious where you need to go once you get in to the K-Club? I imagine it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Whats the deal w/ registration for this one? I have a vague memory from last yr that it needs to be done online? Is that the case or it just a normal BHAA day membership show up on the day thing?

I think it's €15 if you do it online, but will cost €25 on the day.

http://bhaa.ie/events/k-club-2014/
    BHAA members can register online and on the day for 10e. Day runners can avail of the 15e rate by registering ONLINE before Thursday 10th April. The only entries on the day will be for full BHAA membership for 25e (race and annual membership).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

registration was packed last time I did this, better to do it online

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Anyone do the Straffan race before and got a garmin link handy to show whats in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

Anyone do the Straffan race before and got a garmin link handy to show whats in store?

In my opinion it is short by about 150M
    Did it twice

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/81670985
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/170739882

Great course (PB's all round). Seriously, it is a great course, well organized and a great feed afterwards. Overall great value but a controversial pb.

• Advertisement

Well my current PB is measured by my watch at 9.96KM so this will suit me just fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

NiallG4 i see you did it in 2011 and 2012, i did it in 2012 and 2013 and i got same distance as you for 2012 but last year the finish was moved back and we started closer to where registration was, in 2013 i got 6.204miles........

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

NiallG4 i see you did it in 2011 and 2012, i did it in 2012 and 2013 and i got same distance as you for 2012 but last year the finish was moved back and we started closer to where registration was, in 2013 i got 6.204miles........

Glad to hear that because it is a fantastic race.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Anyone taking part in this race on Saturday can register for the Lucan Harriers 5K race on May 11th for the special price of €13 on Saturday only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Good luck to all running this tomorrow. Unfortunately due to injury I've had to cancel my planned entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭lmguillou

Good luck to all running this tomorrow. Unfortunately due to injury I've had to cancel my planned entry.

Same for me, was looking forward to it as I really hoped for a PB but I injured myself playing soccer last week :mad: Does anyone could recommand a similar race ( flat and fast) coming up in the next 2 months ?! I really want to get a PB before staring my training for DCM. I heard about Dunboyne 10k or Dunshaughlin but cannot find anything for 2014... Anyway best of luck tomorrow everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

dubshaughlin 10k is June 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Just back from the K-Club 10K, broke the 45 min so first goal of the year down and god to get the disappointment of Barcelona marathon out of the system :). Fantastic organisation and a big thanks to the volunteers and BHAA, and to the K-Club for a great spread (never seen macaroons as a post race snack before - obviously been hanging around with the wrong sort up to now:D)
    Course measured bang on 6.2 miles on my garmin, definitely a pb course. I will definitely look at more of the BHAA races in the future.

Completely agree there, excellent race. I'd heard rumors of the great spread afterwards but I still couldn't believe it when I saw it. Loads of food.

I must have confused where the start line was as I was waiting for a timing mat but there didn't seem to be one, so I just started my garmin where I thought the guys at the front would have started but my total came in at 6.18 and a time of 52:19. My posted time on the board afterwards was about 52:33 I think so am unsure of what my actual time was.

Anyway, was a very fun run. I tried to go out quick and hold on but faded a bit in the middle miles, but happy enough with the time even if I didn't PB. first race of the year is done and now looking forward to a 5K on the May bank holiday.

Well done to all involved it was a great day out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

lmguillou wrote: »
    Same for me, was looking forward to it as I really hoped for a PB but I injured myself playing soccer last week :mad: Does anyone could recommand a similar race ( flat and fast) coming up in the next 2 months ?! I really want to get a PB before staring my training for DCM. I heard about Dunboyne 10k or Dunshaughlin but cannot find anything for 2014... Anyway best of luck tomorrow everyone!

Maynooth 10k 18th May '14
    Kilbride 10k 17th June '14
    Dunshaughlin 10k 21st June '14.

Kilbride & Dunshaughlin i've ran and both are fast courses. I'm running Maynooth next month but from what i heard and what i know of the area it should be a quick course to.

Advertisement