Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd go along with your predictions. Shame to see Parra still struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Parra actually look pretty dynamic (if you ignore the roosters game) they were great against warriors and were robbed against manly at brookie I reckon they def. will be further up the ladder this year. Alot of pace and power about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I bow to both yours greater knowledge. Trying to persuade my brother in law to start going to games over there. He's a big union fan so half way there. Only down side is where he is in Oz has grand total of 1 club to choose from. Storm or nothing.

Storm are good and he should def. go as they have one of the best players EVER playing with them in Cam Smith. They are consistantly top 3- 4. Nice stadium and good fans and great numbers everyweek.

Storm are good and he should def. go as they have one of the best players EVER playing with them in Cam Smith. They are consistantly top 3- 4. Nice stadium and good fans and great numbers everyweek.

Yeah I'm working on him, he goes to Richmond Tigers for the Aussie Rules, so if he goes out for that (don't mind it, but it's lunacy!) top quality RL should be a no brainier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Interesting to see Chrisy Sandow back in for the Eels, is over his off field issues and will be a boost to the eels goalkicking stats anyway! The Eels have a very potent backline with Hopoate getting better each week and Radradra looking unstoppable, Hayne getting fitter each week too. Think its gonna be a positive year for the Eels. Eels are up there with the most potent of backlines, if can get on front foot they've the finishing power to go places!

Penrith looking good, gutted Mansour is out, guy is a wrecking ball. They'll push close this year.

Was disappoint today by the Roosters, again penalised hugely, costing them at crucial times, Eagles were solid but was a disappointing contest in all honesty. Broncos dragons was a great watch, very tit for tat and the Broncos eventually pulled away!

Surprised Inglis is togging this weekend after a pretty hefty blow to the head last weekend, how a guy is allowed play after a week on from being near decapitated and concussed is crazy. Despite everything the NRL are doing it still isn't enough, you just don't recover after a week following a bang like that!

Big clashes this weekend i think are Tigers Warriors (who have been nothing but disappointing this year - despite winning last week) Parra testing themselves against Penrith.

Warriors v Tigers is interesting. Read a couple of previews who give the Warriors the slight edge as they are at home, but they are actually playing on the road in Wellington tomorrow, and reading up on it, they are dreadful outside of Auckland. Reckon the Tigers might sneak it, although I hope I'm wrong. Fingers crossed for loads of tries.

Tigpies are pretty exciting this year witb brooks/tedesco combo my bro. Supports them so always keep an eye on them ...should be a good match. Eels are promising but as a doggies fan I dont like seeeing them do well (even thoygh my mate coaches thereU/20's) the school I went to in oz was a feeder school for parra everyone supported them drove me nuts. However... even I think they are explosive at the back this year Raradra is an animal as Ive said and Hayne is always a handfull. Is it me or is this years comp look very close?

Tigpies are pretty exciting this year witb brooks/tedesco combo my bro. Supports them so always keep an eye on them ...should be a good match. Eels are promising but as a doggies fan I dont like seeeing them do well (even thoygh my mate coaches thereU/20's) the school I went to in oz was a feeder school for parra everyone supported them drove me nuts. However... even I think they are explosive at the back this year Raradra is an animal as Ive said and Hayne is always a handfull. Is it me or is this years comp look very close?

I don't really think there's an outstanding good/great side or an truly terrible/poor side this year. The Sharks (currently) look the worst side but they are majorly depleted and would expect a serious turn around soon! I genuinely cannot pick a minor premiership winner or wooden spoon winner!

I have to say i Love the way Shaun Johnson plays. Been a serious admirer of his for a while, but has been disappointing to say the least! The Warriors have in the past played the BEST footie of all side but are too inconsistent! Really thought they'd push for top 4!

I'm gonna stick my neck out very early and pick my top 8 in no specific order.......
    Rabbitohs, Manly, Rooster, Penrith, Broncos, raiders, Warriors, cowboys.

Such a tough decision, trying to pick a side to replace for St. George but i don't think they can keep up the frenetic pace they've set, the whole we'll score more than you wont work, defence isn't great and were caught out badly by clever Broncos frowards offloading today.

I can't call a wooden spoon winner but would be confident saying the Eels wont be there

Finally the warriors turn it on. Beat the West Tigers 42-18. Konrad Hurrell proved to be the real game changer. Two linebreaks, few assists, was outstanding, Shaun Johnson kicked into gear too, if he can get up and running, threatening like he has in the past than the Warriors could come good.

Parramatta beat the Panthers this morning as well, HUGE result against a very very strong Perith side! Jarrad Hayne outstanding again, Radradra on theh score sheet again. Peats and Ma'u making a serious impact!

And currently the doggies are making mincemeat of the Storm (missing Cam Smith - injured in warm up). Currently 36-12 and the Dogs are on fire, Josh Reynolds has been dynamite this morning completely opening up the Storm who are lacking direction around the POTB. Struggling to get repeat sets, full credit to the Dogs. James Graham been inspirational for his side, bashed from coast to coast

• Advertisement

Another great weekend of footy. Doggies found there mojo so Im happy. As for my tipping 3 from 7 ...pretty poor. PARRA really have turned the corner,Warriors are starting to play. Feck me it would be hard to call the 8 at this stage ( only thing for sure is it wont be the sharks)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

My adopted team the gold coast titans on setanta sports 1 at half 9 against north Queensland cowboys, anyone going watching?

Terrible news coming from Melbourne as Alex McKinnon has been told he faces life as a quadriplegic after the unfortunate incident at last weeks game with Knights and the Storm. Matty Johns discussed on his show. Terrible news and hopefully he can make a recovery!

Titans win thanks to a field goal from Aidan Sezer 13-12

Other huge news. Andrew Fafita has had his contract with the Doggies terminated and will be a free agent at the end of the summer heightening speculation that he will switch codes like Benji, SB and SBW. Des Hasler was less than impressed with Fafita's 'my heart is still with the sharks' and his 'I wish i went to Union' comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

That is just awful news about young McKinnon..terrible. Wasn't anywhere near the worst tackle you'll see, just got his head at a bad angle. Shows how fragile even the strongest bodies are really.

Other huge news. Andrew Fafita has had his contract with the Doggies terminated and will be a free agent at the end of the summer heightening speculation that he will switch codes like Benji, SB and SBW. Des Hasler was less than impressed with Fafita's 'my heart is still with the sharks' and his 'I wish i went to Union' comments
    A bit of a let off for the bulldogs they are well stacked up front and really need to get a fullback but were going to struggle with the wages fafita was reportedly going to get. good luck to him maybe next time he gets offered huge money he might keeps his mouth shut. Tedesco Maybe? he is off contract this year and not happy with the tigpies offer. belmore bound hopefully.

A bit of a let off for the bulldogs they are well stacked up front and really need to get a fullback but were going to struggle with the wages fafita was reportedly going to get. good luck to him maybe next time he gets offered huge money he might keeps his mouth shut. Tedesco Maybe? he is off contract this year and not happy with the tigpies offer. belmore bound hopefully.

Tedesco been linked with a lot of sides, Roosters (apparently became very close to Mini when at the World Cup), Rabbitohs (who need to add backs - would see GI back in the centre, Doggies who are in obvious need of a dominant No.1! But TBH i think he tigers would be nuts to leave him go, his relationship on the pitch with Luke Brooks is amazing! In a few years the Tigers could be a force again with young backs like Brooks, Simona, Nolfuluma Tedeso all coming good! Tigers need these lads if they want to build a future

Tigers are about to go bang so may have to sell some assests. I always liked wests so would hate this. If he doesnt go to the dogs I defo want to see him stay at wests

Probably old news to all, but just in case. Bet365 stream the NRL live on their website, you need to have a fiver in your betting account but that's it. Only problem I have is the player is small and doesn't, to my small brain, seem to be resizable. Still a good picture on it though and a much more reliable stream than the iffy illegal alternatives.

Following on from the dogs tearing up Fafita's contract (which Fafita now claims was not by mutual consent) they've been linked with a huge spending spree. Names such as Josh Hoffman (again), James Tedesco (Tigers - FB), Josh Mansour (Penrith - CTW/FB), and interestingly following stories coming out of OZ, the Stewart brother from Manly, Glenn (Loose) and Brett (FB) could be targeted as a package deal have all been listed as potential targets! Don't be surprised to see 2/3 of these names in Blue & White next season!

Steve Matai has been reported saying that if Glenn Stewart is allowed to leave (which it seems like he doesn't want to do!) it could be the beginning of a Mass Exodus at the Sea Eagles. Worrying times for Manly i think

• Advertisement

Following on from the dogs tearing up Fafita's contract (which Fafita now claims was not by mutual consent) they've been linked with a huge spending spree. Names such as Josh Hoffman (again), James Tedesco (Tigers - FB), Josh Mansour (Penrith - CTW/FB), and interestingly following stories coming out of OZ, the Stewart brother from Manly, Glenn (Loose) and Brett (FB) could be targeted as a package deal have all been listed as potential targets! Don't be surprised to see 2/3 of these names in Blue & White next season!

Steve Matai has been reported saying that if Glenn Stewart is allowed to leave (which it seems like he doesn't want to do!) it could be the beginning of a Mass Exodus at the Sea Eagles. Worrying times for Manly i think

After the Fafita shennanigans everyone is linked to the dogs... the papers are loving it . Realistically I would say two new players max Dont forget they have already signed lichaa from the sharks, would love tedesco but the tigpies will do everything they possibly can to keep him and brooks together. they dont need Glenn stewart and brett is a little injury prone , hiku would be a better option from Manly. anyway Come on you doggies!

After the Fafita shennanigans everyone is linked to the dogs... the papers are loving it . Realistically I would say two new players max Dont forget they have already signed lichaa from the sharks, would love tedesco but the tigpies will do everything they possibly can to keep him and brooks together. they dont need Glenn stewart and brett is a little injury prone , hiku would be a better option from Manly. anyway Come on you doggies!

They seem very intent on a new forward tho......and a big name at that. Lichaa seems a very clever purchase! Along with tying down Mbye for the future.

They seem very intent on a new forward tho......and a big name at that. Lichaa seems a very clever purchase! Along with tying down Mbye for the future.

Im dying to see this kid Mbye play by all reports he is something else, and will be the doggies "x factor". along with templeman klemmer and lloyd perrett and lichaa the future looks positive but they really need a fullback ,sammy perrett has done well but is not a fb. Dont forget inu kasiano and eastwood still have to return for the dogs. Fingers crossed top 8.

this weeks draw, my tips last week a pathetic 3 from 8... lets go again
    Roosters v Dogs--- sadly I have to say the chooks this week fingers cross i am wrong
    Broncos v Eels --- this is going to be a very interesting one with both teams playing much better footy than was expected of them broncos for me
    Sharks v Warriors --- Warriors , sharks are muck
    Panthers v Raiders --- another very interesting game im going the penny panthers here
    Dragons v Rabbits --- bunnies they have to start firing at some stage
    Storm v Titans --- storm too strong
    Tigers v Manly --- Manly
    Cowboys v Knights --- Cowboys

my tips for the week how about you guys?

I only made one prediction last round, and couldn't have got it any more wrong. So will continue to make one prediction. I also fancy the Warriors. Stand by for heavy surprise defeat.

Rooster (who are dow currently 8-0) to win, Eels to pip Broncos in a thriller, Warriors to continue onwards and upwards, Penrith to beat Anthony Midford and 12 other blokes, Dragons at home to sneak a win (hope not but i think they will), Storm to return to form with Cam Smith back, Tigers to run Manly close but not close enough, JT to light it up and inspire Cowboys to a win

Reynold FG wins it for Doggies, que hysteric celebrations from Kirk Buttercup, Finished 9-8.

Eels leading 10-6 at HT, 3 great moments already, lovely hands and great line from Chrissy Sandow for Hopoate to finish in the corner. Next was another attack from deep, great hands from 3 or 4 lads including Semi Radradra who follows up the inside and gets it 7 out finishes off shrugging off Ben Barba to score.

Enter Justin Hodges for his return, and what a return, shrugs off two tacklers, commits another 2 and gives a miracle ball to Dale Copley to scoot into the corner, super stuff being played.

What a game between Brisbane and Parra!! CRACKER!! Eels 7 up with 5 left, Hayne Train is back, Sandow with 40m field goal. Is unbelievable footie

Reynold FG wins it for Doggies, que hysteric celebrations from Kirk Buttercup, Finished 9-8.

Eels leading 10-6 at HT, 3 great moments already, lovely hands and great line from Chrissy Sandow for Hopoate to finish in the corner. Next was another attack from deep, great hands from 3 or 4 lads including Semi Radradra who follows up the inside and gets it 7 out finishes off shrugging off Ben Barba to score.

Enter Justin Hodges for his return, and what a return, shrugs off two tacklers, commits another 2 and gives a miracle ball to Dale Copley to scoot into the corner, super stuff being played.

You're on the Money there! Cant wait to get home tonight and watch it. ( cant believe I tipped against them ... that'll teach me )

• Advertisement

Well the Shark really opened up the Warriors, 37-6 or something like that. How are the Warriors so inconsistent.........and bad? It baffles the mind!

Advertisement