Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corks All New Red FM

Options
  • 31-03-2014 8:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

So KC just launched the new Red Fm. What do people think? KC as whitty as ever in opening link taking the mick out of diarmud the CEO AND Prendeville

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

woot!!! k.c is back in Cork :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

MrMac84 wrote: »
    So KC just launched the new Red Fm. What do people think? KC as whitty as ever in opening link taking the mick out of diarmud the CEO AND Prendeville

I'm liking the re-sing of the Chris Moyles Jingles.... they really are just brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm liking the re-sing of the Chris Moyles Jingles.... they really are just brilliant.

Another lad just this brought this too my attention I was wondering where I heard them before. I just assumed he used them last time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

well hopefully i won't jinx it but it sounds like he's playing the music he used play on today fm so far not one song i'd turn off.... :D

its got to be a first for me listening to Red fm that i have not had to turn them off for playing some ****e non morning music....

me being a cheap student, I'm liking the normal textline number : 0868104106 as opposed to a 5**** costing 20 cent! Free texts wehay!

• Advertisement

me being a cheap student, I'm liking the normal textline number : 0868104106 as opposed to a 5**** costing 20 cent! Free texts wehay!

Did they have a 5 digit number!?

Did they have a 5 digit number!?

I think they had an 083 number but you'd think that they're basically re-branding everything that they would have changed to to the 5 digit short code but they didn't so happy days :)

well here comes Neil now...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,461 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Has Kc just used a shortened version of the chris moyles jingle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Worztron

Is studio@redfm.ie the email address for Neil or for all RedFM shows?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Expunge

Is it just me or is that competition for flights and accomodation needlessly complicated? I got lost as prenderville tried to explain it.

Id say Neil loves that Avicii song!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Its like listening to 96fm but without the jingles :D

He put a smile on my face when he mentioned Liverpool sitting at the top of the table :)

Worztron wrote: »
    Is studio@redfm.ie the email address for Neil or for all RedFM shows?

Neil@redfm.ie he just said

Neil@redfm.ie he just said

Cheers. Just heard also. I'm surprised that it's not on the RedFM website.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

He seems to have brought his 96 fm sidekicks with him. I doubt this will work, bad move prendeville.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Expunge

It better work.
    It's rumoured to be costing in the region of 350,000 Euro to bring Prenderville and team to RED FM.

If it doesn't, I guess there'll be a nice bundle of radio stations for sale in the next few years in Cork and Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Same shyte, different station.

Same interminable ad breaks, same endless music breaks. Same old arrogant shyte from Prendeville.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

So who got their congrats messages read out?

I understand that 96fm phones crashed with well wishers and welcome back messages for Neil. :rolleyes:

Is there a podcast RSS feed available for The Neil Prendeville Show?

• Advertisement

Same shyte, different station.

Same interminable ad breaks, same endless music breaks. Same old arrogant shyte from Prendeville.
    Same sh1te? it's 10 times worse ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Is it the exact same jingle as the Chris Moyles show? or slightly reworked etc intro for Today show on radio 1 when Sean O'Rourke started. Obviously different lyrics I assume :p

Worztron wrote: »
    Is there a podcast RSS feed available for The Neil Prendeville Show?

i am wondering myself, its on repeat currently but i'd like to hear a podcast of his show and Kc's today...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Interview with Neil and PJ on TV3 news here.Let the radio war begin.:D

Skip to 11:30

http://www.tv3.ie/news.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Let the radio war begin.:D

Wars? In the dreams maybe. It'll be more like a Wehrmacht Panzer Division in 1939 taking a stroll in the Polish countryside. :pac::pac::pac::pac:

The phones were hopping all right, to wish Prenders well and welcome back, apparently all the various adverting totally confused people and some thought Prenders was back at 96, .

See, the concept for some member of the public to understand different radio stations is akin to older people who won't even try email and the like. Some don't realise there are different radio stations on the dial.

Some sobbing mother rang Prendeville today she bought an iPhone 5 in a car park off some gangster in a suit after answering an ad on Facebook. She paid over 300 the phone turned out to be a copy from china only worth 150. The phone was for her daughters confirmation a phone shop are giving her a brand new iPhone free after hearing her sob story. A few more also offered. When Prendeville found out the cost of an iPhone 5 he said they were a luxury you can get a phone for €20. I often wonder do they make up these sob stories for freebies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Jason_

They have moved the news to top of the hour, They were never the most youthful station to begin with but they have aged another 15-20 years this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭ofcork

This all new thing is a bit misleading since Philip burke and dave mac are still doing their shows playing the same stuff,alot of switching off after neil id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

morning radio needs a guy like Prendeville. Can't listen to the guy on 96 now. Feel my hands clenching when he talks, so having never listened to Redfm i'll move over to it for Prendeville.#
    will stick to Lyric at all other times. Go Marty:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

I'd never really listened to prendeville much before and red is on constantly at work and was only ever a fan of kc and red rooster. I can't see the attraction with prendeville at all, I hope it works out for the station but a lot of my friends have switched off and it does seem to be for an older audience and I'm 30. It's like he's trying too hard to be local I dunno.

Someone has said already that some people have no idea how to change the station, my parents included, it'll be interesting to see if that older demographic do actually switch. I doubt they will in the numbers hoped for as that audience will have to switch back after he finishes something they won't do.

All this talk of the 'new' red fm is way over done too. Philip bourke is doing the exact same show since he started no matter what time slot he fills and Dave mac is just too full on. Even that jay guy on with kc is part of the previous breakfast crew, kc will bring the best out of him but I don't find him funny. The sports dept does need freshening up too, Jesus some of those guys sound jaded. The station needed a complete clearout if u ask me.

Advertisement