Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo - Opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I'm going to see a 2.0 Titanium 2011 with 23,000k on it tomorrow. It's above my budget but sure we'll see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Keep us updated, I'm looking for basically the same car as you:
    10/11 2.0 mondeo titanium estate, just not for a few months

Will be interested to know what mileage you get for your budget

Out of interest, do ou know what isn't standard on titanium?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

tin79 wrote: »
    The 1.6 Mondeo is awful. I wouldn't go near it. I would go , and have gone, for the 2.0.

I had a 1.6 before, no go in it at all, very thirsty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

subway wrote: »
    Out of interest, do ou know what isn't standard on titanium?
    Titanium has everything that a mondeo has, regarding extra's, apart from a few bits such as heated seats, start/stop button and half leather seats, and a few other little minor bits, all of which can be found on the titanium X spec, but not the titanium spec.

The one I saw this morning was €20,000 and it had an all leather interior with keyless ignition and a sony stereo system (it wasn't an X), it really was a beauty, absolutely pristine bar some very minor superficial damage to the drivers door which could be polished out. 25,000k on it but he would only go as far as €19,500 on the price which I'm simply not willing to pay. A really lovely drive though.

• Advertisement

Do you have the link to it there, or is it on t'interweb?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,170 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lads don't get confused, there are 3 different Titanium models available in the Mondeo range:

Titanium - this replaced the old Ghia model. Higher spec than the Zetec but lower than the Titanium X sold here.

Titanium X - this is Irish and UK spec and adds half leather seats, larger wheels, Ford information system, power folding exterior mirrors with puddle lights, heated front seats, keyless entry/start, Sony stereo, cornering headlights.

Titanium X Sport - this is the top UK spec Mondeo, adds bi-xenon headlights, red sticking on the leather seats and steering wheel, 19" alloy wheels, front and rear diffuser, 2.0 litre or 2.2 litre TDCi only. Titanium drilled pedals and dark metal dash and door inserts, rear boot spoiler. Only available in hatchback afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

X sport is available in estate too I think!

X Sport are very thin on the ground here though!

• Advertisement

Yeah I don't think I've come across a single one over the past few weeks.

You know I've been thinking, I might just hold off until the autumn when the new models come out (does anyone know when exactly they are out?) and I'd probably grab a 2012 for the equivalent of what I'd pay for an 11 now; I'm not a reg plate merchant, I just tend to buy a car and keep it for 7/8 years before trading up. That is unless I come across something exceptional in the meantime and I'll certainly keep my eye out.
    The trigger for all of this was my car being due for re-tax in April and I felt it's time for a change, but my car is running perfectly fine and if I have to re-tax it for a half a year then so be it.

X Sport are very thin on the ground here though!

Mondeo estates are extremely thin on the ground! Only one I've seen is one used by the ambulance service!

R.O.R linked to one yesterday but again I haven't seen many.
    R.O.R wrote: »
    Mid-Teens, big boot, and the proper engine?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Mondeo/ZETEC-2./42713940210432660/advert?channel=CARS

Reg number should move some people out of your way, and a full Ford service history

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

bazz26 wrote: »
    Lads don't get confused, there are 3 different Titanium models available in the Mondeo range:

Titanium - this replaced the old Ghia model. Higher spec than the Zetec but lower than the Titanium X sold here.

Titanium X - this is Irish and UK spec and adds half leather seats, larger wheels, Ford information system, power folding exterior mirrors with puddle lights, heated front seats, keyless entry/start, Sony stereo, cornering headlights.

Titanium X Sport - this is the top UK spec Mondeo, adds bi-xenon headlights, red sticking on the leather seats and steering wheel, 19" alloy wheels, front and rear diffuser, 2.0 litre or 2.2 litre TDCi only. Titanium drilled pedals and dark metal dash and door inserts, rear boot spoiler. Only available in hatchback afaik.

In Ireland it was a titanium x that was higher spec than the Ghia, which was then replaced by the titanium. Lost keyless start, heated seats and the wheels weren't as nice.

Full leather is pretty rare as it was nearly 3500 from the factory. Likelihood is that the one in Tallaght was retro fitted.

Shred wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think I've come across a single one over the past few weeks.

You know I've been thinking, I might just hold off until the autumn when the new models come out (does anyone know when exactly they are out?)

The release date has been pushed back numerous times. Was originally supposed to be out in the back end of last year. Now they swear that the Autumn is when it will be available, around October. The US have the exact same car (called the Fusion) over there and it's out over a year!

Aye, I've seen a few references alright, for instance:

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/91004/new-ford-mondeo-2014-what-expect

Mark Ovenden, Ford UK's Managing Director, said that the new Ford Mondeo “will be with us in the final quarter of next year.” That means that we can expect the new Mondeo release date to be in late 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭useless

I think at least part of the reason the new model is delayed is that Ford decided to shut the plant in Belgium where it was to be built, and decided instead to build it in Spain.
    It'll be a 2+ year old design by time it gets to dealers, so it will be interesting to see how it sells.

There was an imported 2011 silver Titanium X Sport 2.2 TDCi (200bhp) with nearly every option ticked, for sale down in the south of the country last year, dealer was asking €30k for it. :eek:

There was an imported 2011 silver Titanium X Sport 2.2 TDCi (200bhp) with nearly every option ticked, for sale down in the south of the country last year, dealer was asking €30k for it. :eek:

Was that a silver one in Cork?

I think it was being sold in Kerry.

• Advertisement

I think it was being sold in Kerry.

Oh ya it was kerry alright. Lovely machine all the same!

Mad money for a Mondeo though.

Mad money for a Mondeo though.

Oh ya defo, not too far off the start of audi and bmw territory.......

Think I saw that too! Mental price!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Mc Love wrote: »
    Mondeo estates are extremely thin on the ground! Only one I've seen is one used by the ambulance service!

Some Undertakers have them too. Not as hearses but for removal and transport of bodies to their premises.

Actually saw two private ones today, one in Lyons and one on the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

the engine size within reason now is irrelevant, as the tax is based on emissions. Also some same CC cars ago going to be a lot better on fuel than others...

you could bring in a 2011 F10 for about 20,000 would be highish mileage though, up about the 100k mark...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Idbatterim wrote: »
    you could bring in a 2011 F10 for about 20,000 would be highish mileage though, up about the 100k mark...

20k ?

• Advertisement

I'm looking at a 2.0L 2011 Titanium X that ticks all the boxes except one - mileage; there's 134,553Kms on it but the pricing is commensurate as a result - it does look fairly clean (I'll be seeing it in the flesh shortly) but would this kind of mileage be a concern?

It also has a keyless entry/start and I've been told these can be problematic on Mondeos, does anyone have experience of this and is it expensive to repair?

Advertisement